[Suggestion] A B C

Almasy 08-18-2004 10:05 PM
In the Members Menu of the Forums, is it at all possible to have some kind of a system where the letters of the alphabet are listed, and when you click on, for example, "M" it shows you all the usernames beginning with "M" and so on...?

...because at the moment, the only way to remotely come close to that is by sorting all the names by "username" and then senselessly searching through pages and pages until you find the right one after a while.
Zopwx2 08-18-2004 10:10 PM
I've thought about that, but what if they're name starts with " ™ " ?
Dude Love 08-18-2004 10:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
I've thought about that, but what if they're name starts with " ™ " ?

Yeah, or asterisks or numbers. That'd be very difficult to code and account for, I think. (Is oblivious to the coding, but is playin the odds).

Also, I don't see any advantage to that, considering that the only time you'd have reason to look for a starting letter would be to find a specific member, for which member search works even better.
Hienrich Ele 08-18-2004 10:15 PM
Have an "Other" Category for all of the weird ones.

I think this is a good idea. I hope that it is possible but doesn't take too much work.
Krang 08-18-2004 10:18 PM
Actually, it's already possible to do that. At the bottom of the members list, the "all" in "Showing all users" is a dropdown box of the letters of the alphabet.
Hienrich Ele 08-18-2004 10:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Actually, it's already possible to do that. At the bottom of the members list, the "all" in "Showing all users" is a dropdown box of the letters of the alphabet.

I gotta look at every single link on this site now. I didn't even know you could look at all your posts before that one thread that asked what was your first post. Then two days ago, or four, I just found out how to use the "Who's Where Online" or something along the lines. And Now this.
Almasy 08-18-2004 10:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang

Loves it! Thanks! ^__^
Wingnut 08-19-2004 01:58 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hienrich Ele
Have an "Other" Category for all of the weird ones.

I think this is a good idea. I hope that it is possible but doesn't take too much work.

Said characters are repersented by the # symbol on the drop list.