[Question] User Sounds?

Benjamin 08-18-2004 09:40 AM
Is That possible, Like For Example a cut out of a BIG O SONG? As A sound in a profile?
Confused Confused Confused
~Benjamin~
Seraphim 08-18-2004 09:43 AM
That seems somewhat extraneous.

Do you mean a sound that would play when you view the profile... or something you click on? Confused
Hienrich Ele 08-18-2004 11:21 AM
That would lead to all sorts of trouble if users got to pick their sound.

There would be no way to censor it, and I am not sure how many people would like to hear music when they view profiles.

Plus, and I ain't no genius here so don't listen to closely, I am pretty sure that would take up a lot of bandwith.
X Prime 08-18-2004 11:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hienrich Ele

There would be no way to censor it, and I am not sure how many people would like to hear music when they view profiles.

Plus, and I ain't no genius here so don't listen to closely, I am pretty sure that would take up a lot of bandwith.

You are correct. Bandwidth would be eaten up like cake at a birthday party.
BabyGhia 08-18-2004 03:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
Originally posted by Hienrich Ele

You are correct. Bandwidth would be eaten up like cake at a birthday party.

And people on dial up wouldn't really appreciate it that much.

BabyGhia
Dude Love 08-18-2004 05:07 PM
And, generally, when you view a profile, it's only a glance, rather than a whole read, and therefore even on Broadband the sound might not have loaded.