[Suggestion] How about.....

dominusofdeath 08-07-2004 09:32 PM
You know how on threads you can see whos posted how many times?
Could you do that with the total post count for each forum?
X Prime 08-07-2004 09:57 PM
Go to their profile and click the little percentage mark next to their post count there... Done already.
dominusofdeath 08-07-2004 10:02 PM
Um thats not what I meant.......
Kittie heavenly6 08-07-2004 10:03 PM
I think there was already a thread about this. Krang said it would take alot of resources and couldn;t do it at the time. (Unless I am remembering wrong)
Krang 08-07-2004 10:12 PM
Actually, yes, this would be possible, since it's similar to the post stats. I'll start coding it once I have some free time.
dominusofdeath 08-07-2004 10:13 PM
Oh man, thanks Krang.
Kittie heavenly6 08-07-2004 10:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Actually, yes, this would be possible, since it's similar to the post stats. I'll start coding it once I have some free time.

*looks at my post above K's*

Heh. That's why I am not known for my great memory.
Prons 08-08-2004 01:13 AM
quote:
Originally posted by DominusofDeath
You know how on threads you can see whos posted how many times?
Could you do that with the total post count for each forum?

I actually sugguested that once, but um.. I guess everyone misunderstood what I meant and thought I was talking about the post percentage thing in profiles.
Krang 08-08-2004 01:21 AM
Sorry, I have some bad news about this. I started working on the SQL query to retrieve the necessary information, but I found out that there's no easy way to get both the username and the board in the same query. I put together something that works, but it ended up taking 50 times longer than the query used for the percentages (~1.5 seconds as opposed to ~0.03 seconds)... Unfortunately, this means that I can't finish writing the script until I can come up with a more optimized SQL query, so it might be a few more days until I can research this a little more...
dominusofdeath 08-08-2004 01:25 AM
Thats ok. I didn't think you'd actually do it that fast though........I mean it was a suggestion not a demand hehe. Tongue Tongue Big Grin Take your time.
^__^
X Prime 08-08-2004 01:25 AM
Out of curiousity, what query did you try to use Krang?

P.S.: There's no point in adding new stuff now, WBB 2.2 is pretty much done, all the english users are waiting on is translation.
Krang 08-08-2004 01:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Out of curiousity, what query did you try to use Krang?

I tried selecting the relevant information from the posts table, then used a LEFT JOIN to include the threads table so that I could get the board numbers from the posts. However, I still would need the usernames, so I would need the info from the users table also, and another "LEFT JOIN USING ..." wouldn't work there. I got it to work with a "LEFT JOIN ON" structure, but that was the slow query that I mentioned before...

quote:
P.S.: There's no point in adding new stuff now, WBB 2.2 is pretty much done, all the english users are waiting on is translation.

Yep, I've seen the German version, and I think I'll pass until WBB 2.3 (which is supposed to be released late this year). There aren't enough new features to bother renewing my license yet, and 2.1.5 will fix any remaining bugs in the 2.1 series...
X Prime 08-08-2004 02:17 PM
Ah, so you are waiting for 2.3 as well? An excellent decision... I've installed too many mods to jump at 2.2.

By the way... You do know that the posts table happens to include the usernames and userids, right? I don't think you need to left join the user table for those unless there's something I missed...
Krang 08-08-2004 09:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Ah, so you are waiting for 2.3 as well? An excellent decision... I've installed too many mods to jump at 2.2.

Yeah, some of the improvements to the usergroups in 2.2 sound good, but other than that, I don't think it's enough of an improvement to make it worth the upgrade yet. Since 2.3 will have the same features and more, I think it would be better to wait for it instead.

quote:
By the way... You do know that the posts table happens to include the usernames and userids, right? I don't think you need to left join the user table for those unless there's something I missed...

Actually, I hadn't thought of that at the time. I'll see if it's possible to use those instead of the user table next time I work on the script. Thanks!