[Suggestion] New Sub Forum For Movies/ Video...

Benjamin 07-31-2004 03:17 PM
Well I thought of CINAPLEX (Spell Check)

A Place where movie Discussions are held

Rate Movies, ECT...

Good Idea or Mad Bad Idea
The Fallen Phoenix 07-31-2004 03:18 PM
Travis Bickle 07-31-2004 03:20 PM
Well, recently, since every big movie comes out, there usually a thread that follows. i think it would be a great idea to have a movie subforum.
Benjamin 07-31-2004 03:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
Unless something changes...

Well Krang Asked: What Does Everyone Else Think

So If You Read This:

KRANG:

spoiler (highlight to read):
1. Sry About The Extra Thread -_-;;;

2. I, as well as other people, think that a Movie subforum would be a good Idea.

~Benjamin~
The Baker St. Irregular 07-31-2004 04:52 PM
I know that I'd like to host PCF's "Official Lord of the Rings Thread" someday, in a rightful movie subforum. Sigh... My dream. So I support the creation of a movie subforum. Besides, that would be a place for some really awesome discussions! I'd love to talk about movies.
The Fallen Phoenix 07-31-2004 08:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress-Samwise
I know that I'd like to host PCF's "Official Lord of the Rings Thread" someday, in a rightful movie subforum. Sigh... My dream. So I support the creation of a movie subforum. Besides, that would be a place for some really awesome discussions! I'd love to talk about movies.

Personally, I think only a full-fledged Tolkien sub-category could do him (and his works) justice, but that's just my own opinion. Tongue
Dude Love 07-31-2004 08:48 PM
quote:
quote:

Personally, I think only a full-fledged Tolkien sub-category could do him (and his works) justice, but that's just my own opinion. Tongue

Man, do you have a shrine to Tolkien in your closet. Wait, don't answer that. I already know the answer.

-------------------------

Well, as you can see, my opinion is already obvious on this. Just a few seconds ago, I was hoping on starting a thread about The Village, unless there is one already. I suppose I'll go do that now.
evanASF27 07-31-2004 08:48 PM
quote:
quote:

Oh quiet birdbrain! Tongue

A movie section might be nice...however I don't think it'll be too crowded.
(meaning, people will talk about movies, but there may not be too many movie threads in the section)
Big Money 07-31-2004 09:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
Man, do you have a shrine to Tolkien in your closet. Wait, don't answer that. I already know the answer.

*is kinda scared*

--------

Ahem. I say, "Yes, 'tis a swell idea."

I'm a little movie crazy though... Whatever. Speakeasy does already have two subforums... Don't know if that matters.

[edit] I was just, err, testing you. And you passed. Congratulations!
evanASF27 07-31-2004 09:15 PM
quote:
Speakeasy does already have two subforums... Don't know if that matters.

...it has three... Roll Eyes Pleased
The Baker St. Irregular 07-31-2004 10:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
quote:
quote:

You do, do you? *diabolical laughter* How can you, puny human, even begin to understand what goes on in my evil Ringer mind?

Seriously... I do have a desk full of LOTR and LOTR-related memoralbilia, including newpaper articles, magazines, cards, bookmarks, jewelry, and my favorite, a genuine FOTR trailer; the real roll of film, unopened with the green Newline sticker still fully intact.

*evil, booming voice* But silly, meaningless objects are just the beginning, my friend! Once your life becomes nothing but the world of Arda, then and only then do you learn the true meaning of insanity!

Fu-fu-fu-fu-fu!
Prons 08-01-2004 12:31 AM
Gotta try and keep the number of sub forums low, but I have seen quite a bit of threads based on movies..
"Star Wars"
"The Village"
"i, Robot"
To name a few.
YoruameBaroness 08-01-2004 02:47 PM
I don't think so. Soon all the Speakeasy will be is a bunch of subforums if this keeps up.
madclarinet 08-01-2004 04:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by YoruameBaroness
I don't think so. Soon all the Speakeasy will be is a bunch of subforums if this keeps up.

and we'll have subforums to the subforums
Prons 08-01-2004 09:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by madclarinet
quote:
Originally posted by YoruameBaroness

and we'll have subforums to the subforums

You can do that?
Krang 08-01-2004 09:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by TheBigDuoInferno

Rate Movies, ECT...

Ok, we'll add one since most people seem to agree on it. This new forum will be for movies only (not TV shows or anything else). And to prevent the Speakeasy from being overwhelmed with subforums, this will be the last subforum that we will add for a long time.

quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns
You can do that?

Yes, it's possible. I can't think of a practical use for it here, though...
Benjamin 08-01-2004 09:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:

Rate Movies, ECT...

Ok, we'll add one since most people seem to agree on it. This new forum will be for movies only (not TV shows or anything else). And to prevent the Speakeasy from being overwhelmed with subforums, this will be the last subforum that we will add for a long time.

quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns
You can do that?

Yes, it's possible. I can't think of a practical use for it here, though...

Okay, So This Can Include Old Movies Too? The Old threads?
And Can It Include Movie Buys Like DVD Players? or VCR's?
Prons 08-01-2004 09:40 PM
I would say ANY TYPE OF FILM that is not Anime goes there. I think Krang will need to decide wehter or not the subjects can include DVD players and stuff.
Krang 08-01-2004 09:42 PM
quote:
Okay, So This Can Include Old Movies Too?

Yes.

quote:
The Old threads?

I'm in the process of moving them.

quote:
And Can It Include Movie Buys Like DVD Players? or VCR's?

Hmm, that's a tough call. I think it would still be best to post about them in the Speakeasy, though.