The "Welcome To Smith Mansion" Thread

A Clockwork Tomato 07-28-2004 11:20 AM
New to Smith Mansion? Post your Big O questions here! This thread is for newbie questions, comments and theories.

Newcomers are the lifeblood of PCF, and I want to be sure they're made welcome.

I'm hoping that a newcomer thread will serve as a FAQ of sorts. We old-timers have gotten pretty esoteric over the last months, and the answers you're looking for are getting pretty hard to find.

PCF old-timers are requested to be nice to the newbies in this thread. Take your grumpy-geezer comments elsewhere. Comments like, "We had a thread like this back in 1936, by cracky! Why bring it up again?" are not welcome here. Thank you very much.

-- A.C.T.
Dork 07-28-2004 11:30 AM
Well, ACT you konw what I think about this thread ^_^

I posted a little blurb about this thread in the FAQ Big O thread over at adult swim forums and provided a link here.

muchlove
-dork
evanASF27 07-28-2004 01:22 PM
you know...I've seen so many questions here that I could probably answer anything...but I'm too lazy. Any questions on Megadeuses...JUST ASK ME Pleased Cool
Tony Waynewrong 07-28-2004 01:26 PM
Hey, if you would like an odd explanation of Dorothy and Beck, I'm the guy to ask. Being the Dorotheist I am, I know all of the current theories of Dorothy (I study the literature from all of our very own top-notch authors). Also, I have my own theories as well. This goes for Beck (I am still working on Roger and Alex theories too) Smile

But, if I don't know the answer, I probably know the person who does. Wink
Asirt 07-28-2004 07:47 PM
[meh]
A Clockwork Tomato 07-28-2004 09:02 PM
Sure. But also I'd like this thread to be a place were new members are welcome to POST.

Smith Mansion can be pretty intimidating to new members, and most of our current threads are sorta esoteric, too.

As for the Classic Oldie Threads, a lot of them were dominated by people who aren't even active anymore, whose opinions no one agrees with anymore or which never made any sense in the first place. It seems to me that there's nothing wrong with taking a fresh look at the same old issues.
Yomiko 07-28-2004 09:07 PM
Did Dorthy have 2 sisters? A megadues and a evil version that tried to shoot Roger and wore a red hooded cape.
Asirt 07-28-2004 09:08 PM
quote:
Sure. But also I'd like this thread to be a place were new members are welcome to POST.

Of course, but I also believe that perhaps the experienced users can provide them answers and links to those answers as well.

quote:
Smith Mansion can be pretty intimidating to new members, and most of our current threads are sorta esoteric, too.

I can understand that, as some new people just getting started with Big O might not be able to understand all that is given for them. I still think having one place where new and old members alike can provide links to those wanting to know more can benefit from this thread.
A Clockwork Tomato 07-28-2004 09:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Yomiko
Did Dorthy have 2 sisters? A megadues and a evil version that tried to shoot Roger and wore a red hooded cape.

Setting the question of Dorothy 1 aside for the moment, I'm convinced that R-D was indeed identical to Dorothy, to start with, but that someone messed with her mind before activating her, making her crazy enough to kill, and to enjoy killing. (And also filling her up with bogus religious mumbo-jumbo).

The mumbo-jumbo sounds like Alex Rosewater. The happy crazy killer sounds like Alan Gabriel. I think they both had a hand in breaking R-D's mind.

As for Dorothy 1, it's food for thought, isn't it? Dorothy couldn't help mimicing Dorothy 1' movements in Act 1, and probably couldn't help thinking her thoughts, either. We see that later with other Megadeuses, but not so strongly. Do Megadeuses have the same brains as androids? Was Dorothy 1's brain identical to Dorothy's? Creepy thought! But I think it's true.

We can't know any of these things for sure. But they make sense to me.
darkangel 07-29-2004 08:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
New to Smith Mansion? Post your Big O questions here! This thread is for newbie questions, comments and theories.

Newcomers are the lifeblood of PCF, and I want to be sure they're made welcome.

I'm hoping that a newcomer thread will serve as a FAQ of sorts. We old-timers have gotten pretty esoteric over the last months, and the answers you're looking for are getting pretty hard to find.

PCF old-timers are requested to be nice to the newbies in this thread. Take your grumpy-geezer comments elsewhere. Comments like, "We had a thread like this back in 1936, by cracky! Why bring it up again?" are not welcome here. Thank you very much.

-- A.C.T.

Mr. tomato... I've been posting here ever since I was new to the forums. I mean... I've posted up to 144 posts in this "smith mansion" forum...& besides, computers weren't invented in 1936 until 1944.Tongue
Hobodoken 07-29-2004 09:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
quote:

Setting the question of Dorothy 1 aside for the moment, I'm convinced that R-D was indeed identical to Dorothy, to start with, but that someone messed with her mind before activating her, making her crazy enough to kill, and to enjoy killing. (And also filling her up with bogus religious mumbo-jumbo).

The mumbo-jumbo sounds like Alex Rosewater. The happy crazy killer sounds like Alan Gabriel. I think they both had a hand in breaking R-D's mind.

As for Dorothy 1, it's food for thought, isn't it? Dorothy couldn't help mimicing Dorothy 1' movements in Act 1, and probably couldn't help thinking her thoughts, either. We see that later with other Megadeuses, but not so strongly. Do Megadeuses have the same brains as androids? Was Dorothy 1's brain identical to Dorothy's? Creepy thought! But I think it's true.

We can't know any of these things for sure. But they make sense to me.

We know that her programming is a necessity for many megadei, as shown with the Archetype, Leviathan, and Big Fau.
Yomiko 07-30-2004 08:19 PM
Thanks guys for answering my question. With the dealy of andoids sharing something with the megadues I was woundering about in one of the last episods were Dorthy get "connected" to the Big O, why did Big O connect to her and not Roger, is it cause he asked Big O not too. (that guy in the white suite with black hair was in a megadues and he conneted with it)
Kittie heavenly6 07-30-2004 08:28 PM
I went ahead and stickied this. I like the idea of a thread safe for new users to post any questions with out being bashed. Good Idea, ACT Smile
NMBLNG 08-08-2004 07:00 PM
Can someone bake a list of venerable links? Like the AS forums, savebigo.com, other good forums, ect. Important articles from the BigO writers, Cartoon Network, Badi, Sunrise, stuff like that.

Oh, and the definitions of common acronyms would be nive to. (PCF? SoH?)

1 last thing....are there Any Bog O model kits?
Zopwx2 08-08-2004 10:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NMBLNG
Can someone bake a list of venerable links? Like the AS forums, savebigo.com, other good forums, ect. Important articles from the BigO writers, Cartoon Network, Badi, Sunrise, stuff like that.

Oh, and the definitions of common acronyms would be nive to. (PCF? SoH?)

1 last thing....are there Any Bog O model kits?

www.paradigm-city.com

www.savebigo.com : ground zero for the season 3 campaign

www.adultswim.com : where to go if you want official info and talk directly to the peeps who produce big o

ummmmm whatelse....fan stuffs

www.r-dorothy.com : Place for all of "A Clockwork Tomato's" Work.

http://adorothy.jinguj.net/

http://radd.vzz.net/big_o/

Paradigm City Forums

Model kits are on backorder: http://gundamstoreandmore.com/ban75684.html
A Clockwork Tomato 08-09-2004 12:07 PM
quote:
Thanks guys for answering my question. With the dealy of andoids sharing something with the megadues I was woundering about in one of the last episods were Dorthy get "connected" to the Big O, why did Big O connect to her and not Roger, is it cause he asked Big O not too. (that guy in the white suite with black hair was in a megadues and he conneted with it)

If we believe what Roger said, the result of having getting cabled is to die and have your personality sucked into the Megadeus. Roger refused the opportunity. Alex Rosewater wasn't given a choice: Big Fau cabled him without asking (Big Fau only listens to Alex when it suits him, apparently). Dorothy seems to be able to plug and unplug from Big O at will.
Dangerous 01-19-2005 11:49 AM
Who knows when the season two will come in Cartoon Network Europe. They displayed the first season, but still not the second. I fear they will NEVER display the following of that manga. They prefer to display foolish cartoons like 'johnny bravo', 'tom & jerry', 'the powerpuff girls', 'ed, edd+eddy', etc .... I am very sad ...and angry too!
Dork 01-19-2005 02:42 PM
quote:
Who knows when the season two will come in Cartoon Network Europe.

I'm sorry but we don't seem to get that kind of information in the U.S..

Do you have a computer with a DVD burner? There's a program you can download called 'DVDShrink' that allows you to burn copies of your DVDs for personal backup purposes. But you can also change the region encoding with it. And on Amazon.com you can buy the Complete Second Season in a boxset, and I think they ship internationally.

What language does Big O air in where you live?

muchlove
-dork
Dangerous 01-20-2005 10:25 AM
In Cartoon Network Europe, you can choose between French and English. I say Cartoon Network Europe, but I had better say Cartoon Network France. This channel displays in France, Belgium and Switzerland. As you are asking me what language is 'the Big O' in here, it is in French and English. You can choose in Cartoon Network.

I am sad because they have stopped to display 'the Big O' two years ago. It is long! Only because the European watchers of Cartoon Network are kids who are only interested in 'Tom&Jerry', 'the Looney Tunes', 'Ed, Edd+Eddy', 'the Powerpuf Girls', etc .... (foolish cartoons). Even a more mature anime like 'the Justicers League' is stopped.

I know I am 'old' (nearly 23 years old) to watch animes and mangas, but 'BIG O' is not foolish, and not for kids. Cartoon Network Europe is for kids I believe. I am so saaaaaad. Frown and angry tooooooooo. Mad

I would like to send a mail to the Cartoon Network company France if I knew their address. I don't think it will change anything, but I want to watch to 'the Big O'.

Can you help me again? Smile
Dork 01-22-2005 10:36 PM
You definitely are not too old to enjoy anime. Why, our friend ACT here is practically an old man Big Grin a dirty dirty old man Tongue

I don't suppose you have something called Adult Swim where you are? The second season of Big O is firmly in the realm of 'not for kids' so Cartoon Network airs the whole thing on a late night block of programing called Adult Swim (1 am is considered an early time slot).

But we also have to deal with foolish cartoons on Adult Swim ::sigh:: like 'Tom Goes to the Mayor' and 'Inuyasha'. With Inuyasha the anime really isn't that bad, it's the rabid fans that you have to look out for. We call them 'RIFs'; 'Raving Inuyasha Fans'.

Which language do you prefer to watch Big O in? I'm not sure if DVDs were produced in any other languages except english and japanese, sadly. There's a member on this board named 'Snapdragon' who I think is french, maybe he can help you.

muchlove
-dork