The "Welcome To Smith Mansion" Thread

Dangerous 01-23-2005 09:32 AM
Thank you to have answered to my post. Indeed, There is no 'Adult Swim' where I live. There is however a musical TV channel which displays some more adult anime, like 'Ghost in the Shell' the serie and 'Hellsing'. But they don't display every episodes. I believe that if they displayed 'the Big O', they will finish at the 13th episode. But I know them. Crying

To watch 'the Big O', I prefer to see this anime in French. But I understand English. Can you tell me if 'the Big O' DVDs are only in japanese and in English, or is there also the French version included?
I don't understand why there would not be the French version into the DVDs if the French version was shown at Cartoon Network.
Why do I ask you? You don't know, sorry. Tongue

I will follow your suggestion and try to contact 'snapdragon'. Thank you. Smile And good day. Wink
Naraku 02-02-2005 09:33 AM
I guess I would post this here sense we are saposse to post questions about Smith Mansion. Do we need to use spoiler tags for Big O any more even though all 26 episodes have aired? But what makes me ask this question is that people are still using them and I just wanted to make shure.
BabyGhia 02-03-2005 01:44 AM
I'm not using them but I do know that some on the forum haven't seen all the episodes. So I guess it's more of a personal preference then. I try not to talk about the ending unless I'm in a thread that is specifically about the last episodes. But it really depends.

I'm not sure how others feel about spoilers though. That's just my two cents.

BabyGhia
anjuta 02-14-2005 02:29 AM
I must be retarded, but I'll ask this anyway... Red Face How do I get an icon/avatar/whatever thingy?? Confused
BabyGhia 02-14-2005 03:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by anjuta
I must be retarded, but I'll ask this anyway... Red Face How do I get an icon/avatar/whatever thingy?? Confused

I just sent you a PM about this. But just in case, click on the Profile button (first button on the left near the top). In there, click on Avatar. There are some preset ones in there or you can add one of your own. Limit is 115 x 115 pixels and 30K.

PM me if you have any more questions.

BabyGhia
lostmustard 10-30-2005 12:56 AM
I came up with a (relatively short) list of questions.

1. In the events of forty years prior to our current storyline, Megadueces came and destroyed everything, right? Well, was anyone piloting them, or was it like after Schwartzy-poo lost to Roger and Big Duo started moving on his own?

2. What form do the memories Angel and so many others are constantly looking for come in? Are they writings, audio recordings, video, or something completely different?

3. Why did Gordon Rosewater choose tomatoes? There are lots of fruits and vegetables to choose from.

4. What are the (approximate) ages of the main characters?

I know these might seem like frivolous or pointless questions, but I'm trying to write a fanfic, and these answers will come in handy. Smile
evanASF27 10-30-2005 01:08 AM
Hmm I'll try to help answer some of your questions Smile For the ones I can't answer I'm sure there are plenty of others who might be able to do so for me Wink heh

1) It's assumed that the legions of Bigs were piloted by soldiers (like Lt. Roger Smith)... the archetypes and other megadeuses (like Osrail) seem to be the Bigs' "enemy" and are piloted either by themselves or by remote control.

2) I never really thought about what Memories would actually look like...however I guess that a good deal of them are in the form of computer chips and disks (like the one inside Dorothy). Although they probably could also be found in book form (like "METROPOLIS" and what would have been in the Library in Act 13). Most Memories though, the ones Roger Smith and the others experience randomly, are just that...memories, found inside what one might call the brain's sub-sub conscious (something that can is near impossible to be tapped into).

3) BECAUSE TOMATOES ARE TEH R0X0RS!11!1! ...I haven't the slightest clue. The only thing I can think of that would rationalize tomatoes would be the fact that they are vessels of red juices (which could symbolize blood and humans)...and thus they appear more creepy from that slight symbolism.

4) There was a thread long long long ago where we guessed many of the characters ages (well maybe another popped up somewhere after that...whatever). If you use the "Search" under the page banner, you're bound to find something Happy
Dominus of Requiem 09-01-2006 05:49 PM
if dororty and roger met again with no memories would they fall in love and get married?

2) if memories realy tell of secrets to megadeuses that cast destruction
to humanity why bother recovering them?

and last why is it that when big-O fights anything and crushes, destroys, ect.. then how come no one ever dies due to the crashes?

ok noob error i found out this type of questions dont go here

my bad