[Suggestion] Make a beter skin

Jonny Axehandle 07-25-2004 11:17 PM
Anyone who spams this topic gets put on my block list

I think the current skin is very dull. You can do better and still keep the current theme. Ex, Black, Dark Grays, and Orange insted of Light Grays and Orange.
Seraphim 07-25-2004 11:18 PM
Oh, I suppose there could be a better skin made... I personally like this one, the colors are nice and it's very Big O-sy. I think one with blue instead of orange would be cool, also.
X Prime 07-26-2004 12:53 AM
I have a Big style set for this type of forum... Big O ironically being the worst with Duo Inferno the best. Odd but true.

As it stands, you can make a decent style out of a Big's color scheme.

The main problem with multiple styles comes out if certain people use certain colors that clash on one style and do not on another.

That said, I like the current style... Except that the orange background image on the topmost table cells is rather clearly gradiated, not smooth at all. *Shrug*
Krang 07-26-2004 01:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
Anyone who spams this topic gets put on my block list

I think the current skin is very dull. You can do better and still keep the current theme. Ex, Black, Dark Grays, and Orange insted of Light Grays and Orange.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a few ideas for additional themes, but unfortunately I don't have the time to work on them right now (since making them and testing them is somewhat time-consuming). But if people could list what kinds of themes they'd like to see here, I'll take them into consideration for when I have time to add some more.

quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
That said, I like the current style... Except that the orange background image on the topmost table cells is rather clearly gradiated, not smooth at all. *Shrug*

Thanks for reminding me. I had originally worked on this theme on my old computer which had a graphics card that could only display 16-bit color (65536 colors) instead of 32-bit, so the gradients might be a bit off. I'll replace the gradient with a new one that looks better.

Edit: Done.
evanASF27 07-26-2004 01:17 AM
How about, since this is the Big O look, make a Big Duo (original) look and a Big Fau look.

Big Duo having black, red, and white styles (along with some grey).

Big Fau having white/ivory, red, and silver. (with the occasional black trim)
BethMcBeth 07-26-2004 01:32 AM
I love the orange and grey! I would personally keep it! Its brgiht enough to get attetion but still dull enough so you can read fine. Also these colours have a more calmer effect in my opnions. ^-~" Peace OUT!! ^_^""
evanASF27 07-26-2004 01:36 AM
I just switched to the "default" style setting...and man this is feaky @_@

It looks alot like what I had in mind for the Big Fau type style, except that the white back ground would be toned done a bit for that ivoryish look, and the orange headers and such would be replaces with a crimsonish red. (like a blood red)
Seraphim 07-26-2004 05:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27

It looks alot like what I had in mind for the Big Fau type style, except that the white back ground would be toned done a bit for that ivoryish look, and the orange headers and such would be replaces with a crimsonish red. (like a blood red)

Why red, though? Just because it looks good or is it something connected to Fau... like those little head doo-dads that were missiles in the manga.
evanASF27 07-26-2004 01:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27

Why red, though? Just because it looks good or is it something connected to Fau... like those little head doo-dads that were missiles in the manga.

well fau has those red stripes. Smile That's where I got the idea.
Benjamin 07-26-2004 03:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
Oh, I suppose there could be a better skin made... I personally like this one, the colors are nice and it's very Big O-sy. I think one with blue instead of orange would be cool, also.

*Sighs* I would like Inferno's Colors

*Refers to User name*, But , I think I am alone in this, But, Red and Black Would Be Awsome, but on the other hand Blue and black would be good too.