Dream Theater

spiked-knives 11-04-2005 04:54 PM
ahh good ol dreamtheater. im borrowing their "Live at Boudokan" album, and i must say it is really mind blowing. Pettrucci has to be the greatest guitarists of all time.
Sharpshooter005 11-09-2005 12:12 AM
quote:
a nice sentiment to it

"My girlfriend broke up with me, woe is me, wah wah wah" isn't...exactly what I'd call a "nice sentiment"
Travis Bickle 11-09-2005 12:16 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
a nice sentiment to it

"My girlfriend broke up with me, woe is me, wah wah wah" isn't...exactly what I'd call a "nice sentiment"

So wait...you took something out of context...from over a year ago...wait, wait I'm still trying to get this...wait...wait...

f*** it. I'm puzzled.
Sharpshooter005 11-09-2005 12:19 AM
quote:
So wait...you took something out of context...from over a year ago...wait, wait I'm still trying to get this...wait...wait...

In my defense? At least I'm deviating from form slightly.

Usually I'll just say "I've listened to static that sounded better", or "Why can't (preformers of random genre) simultanously murder one another"

The latter usually appears in the context of rap music, but it dosen't necessarily have to.

Point is...at least theres an effort to move into new territory going on here.
Travis Bickle 11-09-2005 12:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Point is...at least theres an effort to move into new territory going on here.

Actually, after those two posts, the entire thread was devoted to the topic of Dream Theater, which was discussed with the rest of the posts, and is indeed what the thread is about. The Mars Volta thread is used for stuff about the Mars Volta. So is every other thread based on a specific band. Even most of the crap NightRanger puts up follows the same structure.

So, where does your spamtaneous posts that are oh so chock full of witt fit in?

Anyway, I downloaded the video of the Dark Side of the Moon cover and it was pretty badass. It's really easy to find it all over the BitTorrent network, so...yeah...
AndroidZeroX 11-13-2005 09:27 PM
Yeah thats a decent cover, but they did a Master of Puppets cover. Its just as good as Metallica's version except they incorporated that unique dream theater flavor that i can seem to get enough of.