[Question] What's this ICQ Number thing I see in my user CP?

Benjamin 07-25-2004 09:04 PM
What is it?
What is it for?
How Do I know what Mine is?
Is there any particular way to know someones?

~Benjamin~
evanASF27 07-25-2004 09:07 PM
it's a messenger I think. I don't know where you can get it or how it works though...
Mike 07-25-2004 09:14 PM
It's sort of like AIM except you're assigned a number. That way you can change your name but since you have the same number your account stays the same.

I used to have it but not anymore since almost everyone has AIM.
Seraphim 07-25-2004 09:26 PM
It's quite popular in European countries. Don't sweat it, not many people use it.
YoruameBaroness 07-26-2004 07:50 PM
http://www.icq.com

I'm248-289-298. ICQ really isn't that great though, all sorts of weird people IM me on it.
Kittie heavenly6 07-27-2004 01:15 AM
It's one of the first. back in the mid 90's EVERYONE used it. Laughing
Now, practically no one does.
Travis Bickle 07-27-2004 02:23 AM
I used it for 3 days a few years ago and hated it. It's for Everquest players who sell their powerful weapons on Ebay for money. That's my opinon. YOU KNOW IT!
YoruameBaroness 08-01-2004 02:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ignignokt
I used it for 3 days a few years ago and hated it. It's for Everquest players who sell their powerful weapons on Ebay for money. That's my opinon. YOU KNOW IT!


No, it's for people to harass you and ask you to watch them on their webcam. Trust me.
madclarinet 08-01-2004 03:28 PM
It is the forerunner to IM, - I've had some conversations with some people almost as mad as me. For the record I'm 233-816-095 - straight out of 'The Prisoner' - oh no Rover's after me now.
Seraphim 08-01-2004 04:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by madclarinet
It is the forerunner to IM, - I've had some conversations with some people almost as mad as me. For the record I'm 233-816-095 - straight out of 'The Prisoner' - oh no Rover's after me now.


Well, yeah. That's why I don't use ICQ - I'm a number, not a free man! Oh, wait...
evanASF27 08-01-2004 04:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
quote:
Originally posted by madclarinet
It is the forerunner to IM, - I've had some conversations with some people almost as mad as me. For the record I'm 233-816-095 - straight out of 'The Prisoner' - oh no Rover's after me now.


Well, yeah. That's why I don't use ICQ - I'm a number, not a free man! Oh, wait...

Freedom is relative...

And besides, having a number like that is good because then if there is any trouble you know EXACTLY who did what.
Seraphim 08-01-2004 04:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
quote:
Originally posted by madclarinet
It is the forerunner to IM, - I've had some conversations with some people almost as mad as me. For the record I'm 233-816-095 - straight out of 'The Prisoner' - oh no Rover's after me now.


Well, yeah. That's why I don't use ICQ - I'm a number, not a free man! Oh, wait...

Freedom is relative...

And besides, having a number like that is good because then if there is any trouble you know EXACTLY who did what.


Well, every name has some kind of registration. Like on MSN, you can change your display name, but you're still somebody@somewhere.com.