[Question] I think I know what is WRONG with all of those people who cannot log in, my same problem

Benjamin 07-24-2004 10:21 PM
You see Nightengale, the newest member cannot log in

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH COOKIES!

This explains the lack of posts with all the other users

Nightengale Cannot log in

She Says it takes her back to the main LOGIN page as before

X-x
__

She needs help

WOULD SOMEONE HELP HER!?!?!?!?
Mike 07-24-2004 10:33 PM
I have that problem whenever I use AOL's browser to try and go here.
Use Netscape or IE or Mozilla or something.
Benjamin 07-24-2004 10:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105

So AOL is just a Bad thing for paradigm?
Mike 07-24-2004 11:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by TheBigDuoInferno
quote:

AOL is bad for everything. Of course I'm connected to the internet through AOL as I type this...
evanASF27 07-24-2004 11:17 PM
yo...AOL isn't that bad Oh Well What the hell are you talking about!? I use AOL alot. Like right now Big Grin ...it also isn't too bad for having email Tongue

Anyways, if it's cookies then they'll have to delete the cookie. (I had that happen to me at Zola's...it was a pain in the ass to get rid of. Sweatdrop )
Krang 07-25-2004 01:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by TheBigDuoInferno
quote:

AOL's browser is a huge pain for all types of forums. If you have a choice, please use an alternate browser (such as IE, Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, etc.) since it helps narrow down the causes of problems like this. That's always the first thing I suggest when someone is having problems logging in.
Zola 07-25-2004 10:03 AM
Also, sometimes, for whatever reason, you can't get rid of the cookie--it gets rewritten in the old way.

This is what you have to do.

Make sure all browsers are closed. Print out these directions, or paste them into notepad so you can have them without being online.

First, find the cookie in the cookie folder. It will have a name something like this:

yourname@forums.txt (it might also be yourname@forums[1].txt, with the number being different, don't worry.)

If you have more than one with similar names, open up each cookie and see that it has the words "www.paradigm-city.com" in it. If it does, delete it.

Once you have gotten rid of the PCF cookies, you are going to want to open up the file in the cookie folder named index.dat (it may simply be called index). If it asks you to choose a program to view the file with, you want to choose notepad.

do a search inside on "paradigm-city". Once you find the entry, you want to delete all of it from Cookie: to the next part that starts Cookie: Make sure you delete all references to paradigm-city, then save it and close.

Clear your cache (In control panel: Internet Options then choose "delete files" in the middle section that says "Temporary Internet Files" )

Once that is done, restart. When you go to PCF, you should have a regular page that needs a login Smile
Benjamin 07-25-2004 03:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zola
Also, sometimes, for whatever reason, you can't get rid of the cookie--it gets rewritten in the old way.

This is what you have to do.

Make sure all browsers are closed. Print out these directions, or paste them into notepad so you can have them without being online.

First, find the cookie in the cookie folder. It will have a name something like this:

yourname@forums.txt (it might also be yourname@forums[1].txt, with the number being different, don't worry.)

If you have more than one with similar names, open up each cookie and see that it has the words "www.paradigm-city.net" in it. If it does, delete it.

Once you have gotten rid of the PCF cookies, you are going to want to open up the file in the cookie folder named index.dat (it may simply be called index). If it asks you to choose a program to view the file with, you want to choose notepad.

do a search inside on "paradigm-city". Once you find the entry, you want to delete all of it from Cookie: to the next part that starts Cookie: Make sure you delete all references to paradigm-city, then save it and close.

Clear your cache (In control panel: Internet Options then choose "delete files" in the middle section that says "Temporary Internet Files" )

Once that is done, restart. When you go to PCF, you should have a regular page that needs a login Smile

Thx, I am going to instruct NIGHTENGALE To Do this
and
She is going to get INTERNET EXPLORER?
I don't remember what that is
But I think anything will work better than AOL at this POINT X_x
Mike 07-25-2004 04:27 PM
If she has Windows, she already has IE. It's a part of Windows.
Green_Bird 07-26-2004 09:31 PM
Um...Just an idea....but even after she switches browsers, if it still doesn't work....Tell her to leave the "Remember log in" or what ever checked....that helps alot...because if you don't leave that checked it logs you out every time the page changes.....