[Suggestion] Wouldn't it be easier to have the Hudson River...

Benjamin 07-23-2004 09:24 PM
Be used as a

"COME and GO Forum"

All of the "I am leaving for a bit" Threads moved there, as well as the "Hi I am new here threads?"

I know I said I would only be posting in Speakeasy and Smith But
I cannot seem to stand it anymore.

~Benjamin~
Seraphim 07-23-2004 10:17 PM
I don't think there are enough "Going away" threads to warrant that.
Benjamin 07-23-2004 10:26 PM
Well It would be easier for VACATION THREADS
or threads like Tony's "To Orgeon or BUST!"
Or my thread announcing my other duties, just saying why I will not be posting as much.
Almasy 07-23-2004 10:42 PM
Well, I think this idea is interesting.

I suggest (to be organized) that if this idea is to be implemented there be a
sub-Forum created (similar to "The Game Room" or "The Jukebox") within the Hudson River Forum, in which people can post such threads as "Goodbye" or "I'm going on vacation for a few days."
R.Smith 07-23-2004 11:18 PM
I honestly don't think it's needed. But then again it's all up to Krang and Shredder to modify it.
Krang 07-24-2004 12:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
I honestly don't think it's needed. But then again it's all up to Krang and Shredder to modify it.

I agree, those threads aren't really common enough to modify Hudson to include them (and they'll get even less common once summer is over). Besides, if Hudson allowed people to post "temporarily leaving" threads, it might encourage those annoying, melodramatic "I'm leaving forever!!!!11" threads too, and we definitely don't need more of those... Roll Eyes
Almasy 07-24-2004 02:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Stryder (in the "I'll be gone for a few weeks..." thread)
.....I'm starting to think that "good bye" threads are mounting a case to push for their own subforum....

Just thought I'd also point out a few very . recent threads:

"I'll be gone for a few weeks..."

"I'll be outta town"

"I think I will take a break"

...not to mention the countless threads of a similar nature that have been posted in the past.
Hienrich Ele 07-24-2004 03:16 PM
While that is a good point, it is only very recently that the leaving threads have sprung up in masses. Plus Prons thread is invalid, as he said he solved everything and it was not needed.

I, personally, do not think that they are cluttering up the place. It would be more prudent to have birthdays had a subforum or another section to go in, as they happen on a daily basis. I do not think niether require a section to themselves, but I am just using it as an example.

However, it is not my place to decide, of course.

And on a side note, good example with the "I am leaving forever!!!11" Krang. Gotta love the use of the 1's.
evanASF27 07-24-2004 03:54 PM
quote:
...not to mention the countless threads of a similar nature that have been posted in the past.

I wouldn't really say countless. But there have been threads like those in the past, that's a given. But you gotta remember, they usually don't get used much (I think most of them reach 2 pages at th most).

Besides, it not really something that big. I support's Krang's opinion on this subject.
Prons 07-24-2004 08:44 PM
Now, leaving, and coming back, and taking brake, and vacation threads are not really a RARE thing, but in theory I think it would be a good idea to have Hudson River have the following types of threads. I'm new, I'm leaving, I'm Back, Happy Birthday. I say we need to do something with the "personal anouncments", I think it would be a good idea, or at least make a stciky thraed for them.

Like a thread called "Personal Anouncments (Birthdays, Leaving and coming back)" or something rather, it would really save a lot o fspace. But I think it would be a pain if we created SUB FORUMS for these threads, I think that would be sort of poiintless and take up to much space.
Benjamin 07-24-2004 09:17 PM
Now this is turning into spam, I dont want to be responsible for anymore of it!
Krang already said no, so NO IS NO,
Please NO MORE POSTS!

~Benjamin~
Prons 07-24-2004 11:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by TheBigDuoInferno
Now this is turning into spam, I dont want to be responsible for anymore of it!
Krang already said no, so NO IS NO,
Please NO MORE POSTS!

~Benjamin~

Ummm.... I didn't see any spam, Krang said no, but were still suguesting ideas, maybe he might want to listen to some.