Law and Order

YoruameBaroness 07-22-2004 11:18 PM
Does anyone watch Law and Order (or any of its spinoffs)? Which one do you like the most?

I like Special Victims Unit the best.
Hienrich Ele 07-22-2004 11:21 PM
What a coincidence. My mom watches this show and I never did. We talked about it today, and she said it's great and I said I may start watching it.

I heard Steve Colbert... Colbere... something... starred in an episode. I would love to see that one.
Kairi 07-22-2004 11:26 PM
Yeah, I watch Law and Order occaisionally, and Special Victims Unit is my favorite spin-off, too. That version is just more interesting to me, pretty much due to the sadistic nature of the crimes that take place on it. Meh.
Sharpshooter005 07-22-2004 11:26 PM
DUN DUN

Best sound effect EVER

Criminal Intent > *

Vincent D'onofrio played pooh bear in the salton sea (which you must ALL go rent). So it's just hysterical to me.

"I put his head in a vice". BRILLIANT.
YoruameBaroness 07-22-2004 11:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
DUN DUN

OMG I love that! LOL It's so . ..original. Well sort of.
Sharpshooter005 07-22-2004 11:29 PM
I just like how it plays CONTINUALLY throughout all the episodes, with no variation, ever.

It's like when your cell phone is low on batteries and won't stop beeping...wait...how AWESOME would it be if someone rewired the cell phone low battery noise to resemble that...wow...great stuff.
Kairi 07-22-2004 11:30 PM
Vincent D'onofrio.. I can't look at that guy and not think of the Edgar Suit from Men in Black.. heh heh..
Darkside 07-23-2004 09:46 AM
I watch Law and Order every day, Special Victims Unit is crazy wild man!
Nyarlathotep 07-23-2004 11:50 AM
I watch Law and Order all the time. Well, whenever I turn on the TV and one version or another of it is on.
Nine Kuze 04-22-2007 04:44 PM
Oh snap, we have a Law and Order thread up here?

DUN DUN...

Yeah, Special Victims Unit is my favorite version of Law and Order. The original hasn't really been the same since ol' boy Jerry Orbach passed away and they kept giving Jesse L. Martin rotating partners. I never could stand Criminal Intent, mostly because I never found the two main characters interesting especially Vincent D'Onofrio. Don't like him, he looks too much like Vince Vaughn and all. I don't remember the one with Chris Noth and the new partner that's looks like a tomboy but that's not too bad as well.

News on Law and Order though, NBC is looking to cut costs and they might be getting rid of either the original series or Criminal Intent. SVU isn't going to be touch, which is good but yeah, one of the other two might be getting cancelled soon.
Peace.
Jonny Axehandle 04-22-2007 04:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by YoruameBaroness
its spinoffs

quote:
Originally posted by YoruameBaroness
I like Special Victims Unit the best.

Oh...my stomach...ohhhhh...*pukes*

The original kicks the ass of all the spin-offs. I love that show.
Nine Kuze 04-22-2007 04:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
The original kicks the ass of all the spin-offs. I love that show.

Where's the f***ing Jerry Orbach? Since he died, the show's really been carried by Sam Waterson.

But his half of the show really doesn't interest me that much. And I have to give it up for SVU. With some the same emphasis on every show (RAPE! SHE WAS RAPED!), they've still managed to keep the show interesting.

EDIT: Anybody remember that one short lived spinoff they have for a minute that focused just on the aspect of the jury?
Peace.
Jonny Axehandle 04-22-2007 05:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Where's the f***ing Jerry Orbach? Since he died, the show's really been carried by Sam Waterson.

True, but the other shows never had anything on the original before Orbach's death.

quote:
And I have to give it up for SVU. With some the same emphasis on every show (RAPE! SHE WAS RAPED!), they've still managed to keep the show interesting.

Interesting? Hell no.

quote:
EDIT: Anybody remember that one short lived spinoff they have for a minute that focused just on the aspect of the jury?
Peace.

I did see the first episode of that. It might have lived on if Orbach did likewise.
Nine Kuze 04-22-2007 05:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
quote:

True, but the other shows never had anything on the original before Orbach's death.

quote:
And I have to give it up for SVU. With some the same emphasis on every show (RAPE! SHE WAS RAPED!), they've still managed to keep the show interesting.

Interesting? Hell no.

Oh I agree with that, the spinoffs couldn't hold the original jockstrap if they tried. But since then, they had Dennis Farina and I know there's another partner as well now.

Also about SVU, how is it not interesting?
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 04-22-2007 05:46 PM
quote:
Criminal Intent > *

...This dosen't SOUND like something I'd say. In fact no..no...I dont like criminal intent, even if yeah vincent d'onofrio was funny in that one movie

And I HATE svu.
Nine Kuze 04-22-2007 05:53 PM
quote:
And I HATE svu.

IN A SHOCKING TWIST, THIS WEEK'S VICTIM... WAS RAPED!

Lol, Singin' in the Rain reference.

Halo thar Christopher Meloni's head.
Peace.
Pie_Junkie 04-22-2007 06:21 PM
I watch Law and Order along with SVU and CI. CI would have to be my favorite tho 'cuz dammit I'm a Vincent D'onofrio fan.
Nine Kuze 04-22-2007 06:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pie_Junkie
'cuz dammit I'm a Vincent D'onofrio fan.

Him and John Cusack?

Oh my fair Junkie, how you waste your manly Scarlett Johannson-like looks. :o

Also regarding SVU, Richard Belzar kicks ass and his dialogue is hilarious. Ice-T is actually not too bad at all, and other than the fact that she's damn fine, Mariska Hargitay is quite good on the show as well. I remember when Connie Nielsen was on the show for a minute (the chick from Gladiator) and she was getting all up in Olivia's business with Stabler.

Grr, can't be having none of that noise. Not at all.
Peace.
Inigo Montoya 04-22-2007 06:43 PM
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pie_Junkie
'cuz dammit I'm a Vincent D'onofrio fan.

Him and John Cusack?

Oh my fair Junkie, how you waste your manly Scarlett Johannson-like looks. :o

Also regarding SVU, Richard Belzar kicks ass and his dialogue is hilarious. Ice-T is actually not too bad at all, and other than the fact that she's damn fine, Mariska Hargitay is quite good on the show as well. I remember when Connie Nielsen was on the show for a minute (the chick from Gladiator) and she was getting all up in Olivia's business with Stabler.

Grr, can't be having none of that noise. Not at all.
Peace.

Rick Belzer makes most any show better. He is a most hilarious comedian.
War.
Jonny Axehandle 04-22-2007 06:50 PM
quote:
Also about SVU, how is it not interesting?
Peace.

There are several ways a show can be interesting, but only one way it can be not interesting: it's not interesting. Tongue