The Rolling Stones

NightRanger 07-21-2004 07:58 PM
C'mon, you know the Stones are legends. I only got some of their stuff, but it rocks, and I still like them. Even my dad likes them. My dad has more of their stuff though. My favorite Stones album is "Steel Wheels".

YZEtc 07-21-2004 08:33 PM
That's a rock 'n roll band that seem to have been around forever Cool .

Can't say that I like all of their songs (in fact, some of the popular ones that were played over and over on the radio back in the day are more than a bit stale, to me), but the ones that I do I really, really like.

Midnight Rambler and Monkey Man do it for me.

If I recall, Satisfaction won the #1 spot in some kind of VH1 top 100 Rock Song Poll a few years back.
Darkside 07-21-2004 08:37 PM
Paint it Black is my all time favorite song by the Rolling Stones.
Nyarlathotep 07-21-2004 11:11 PM
I just bought 40 Licks a little while ago. Every Stones song you need, except Time Is On My Side.

Edit: Right you are

|
|
|
V
NightRanger 07-21-2004 11:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
I just bought 40 Licks a little while ago. Every Stones song you need, except Time Is On My Side.

It's also missing "Rock And A Hard Place" and "Sad Sad Sad".
LANIMILBUS 07-22-2004 01:27 PM
I don't like The Rolling Stones.
Prons 07-22-2004 11:38 PM
I like "Paint it Black" and "Sympathy For the Devil".
Shredder 07-22-2004 11:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside

Same here. I love that song. Big Grin I also like "Nineteenth Nervous Breakdown," among others.
Sharpshooter005 07-23-2004 12:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LANIMILBUS
I don't like The Rolling Stones.

...So hows it working out, the whole compact with satan? Tongue

The stones are awesome. And again.

Keith Richards is going to outlive all of us.
Hienrich Ele 07-23-2004 12:55 AM
I too, love "Paint it Black". First heard it at the end of one of my favorite movies.

I hope you know which movie that is.

Gunney!
Nyarlathotep 07-23-2004 12:37 PM
Sympathy for the Devil and Jumping Jack Flash are my two favorite Stones songs. I just love at the end of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas when Duke finishes his speech about just another freak in the freak kingdom with Jumping Jack Flash busting in as he flies past the "You are now leaving Fear&Loathing" sign.
Demosthenes 07-23-2004 05:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Darkside

DUDE I LOVE THAT SONG
Quint 08-07-2005 02:28 AM
i love the stones...... there the greatest rock band now.....
paint it black is so dam amazing ive always got that song stuck in my head and Sympathy for the Devil is their greatest song...........

i had this argument with a friend of mine................. the stones are great but they for all time will be second only and only to this band.....

THE BEATLES

the beatles and the stones can best be compared to babe ruth and hank arron ........... ruth didnt play as long as arron but he can second in home runs....... that 5 years ruth pitched and a extra couple more years arron played more then ruth........... the beatles werent in as long but what they did proved they were the greatest of all time.....

"if the beatles were day the stones were night"
David Ryder 08-07-2005 02:34 AM
not a huge stones fan but I do admit, paint it black is a great song. still their better than the recent surge of bands that love too mimic 70-80's rock.
Generalissimo D 08-07-2005 10:20 AM
You know. If you have no respect for them music wise, you have to salute them because they've been alive since quite possibly forever. And Keith Richards probably immortal. Anyone who doesnt comphrehend why that is can go look into their history books.