X

dominusofdeath 07-21-2004 11:11 AM
Has anyone else seen the series or watched the movies?
I bet Angelcakes has. It's by CLAMP...........
Asirt 07-21-2004 11:15 AM
So far, I have only seen the movie, and it was OK in my opinion. It seemed to go through the story a bit too fast, and not a lot of mysteries were answered. I want to see the TV series one day, but am busy right now collecting AIR and other series. The series does looks interesting, however.
AlexRosewater 07-21-2004 11:48 AM
I have seen X the move and some of the X series it was really good and planning to read the Manga really soon.
noTomato 07-21-2004 11:48 AM
I've seen 3 dvd's of the series. IT'S GREAT!!!
...and that's about it.
BigPrime 07-21-2004 12:07 PM
I've seen both the movie and the show. I like both, but the show's about a billion times better than the movie (mostly because it doesn't try to compress an epic story into a single night...). I'll probably read the manga at some point.
BethMcBeth 07-21-2004 12:11 PM
Oh yeah! I loved the X Movie!1 ^_^"
Irrelevant 07-21-2004 02:41 PM
Now I feel stupid... Whats the X movie? So far I've gathered that its an Anime, that has a movie, and a series... what genre is it in? Can I rent it at the local movie store (NOT). If you could answer these It would be great.... but I don't have any money anyway...
dominusofdeath 07-21-2004 02:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Irrelevant
Now I feel stupid... Whats the X movie? So far I've gathered that its an Anime, that has a movie, and a series... what genre is it in? Can I rent it at the local movie store (NOT). If you could answer these It would be great.... but I don't have any money anyway...

It's a Sci-Fi drama sorta.........With magic and stuff........
angelcakes 07-21-2004 04:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DominusofDeath
Has anyone else seen the series or watched the movies?
I bet Angelcakes has. It's by CLAMP...........

It'll come as a shock to many of you but....I have never seen the X anime.

Yes I know 'HOLY FRIGIN CRAP!!!' is what your probably thinking. I have ,however , read the X/1999 manga. In my opinion it's one of CLAMP's better works. Amazing story, gorgeous art, and crossovers coming out the wazoo, what more can you ask for?? (maybe a danish but I digress...)

But then again, how can anyone go wrong with a series about the end of the world?
Prons 07-21-2004 07:49 PM
I watched the series and movie, both I loved.
BigPrime 07-21-2004 10:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Irrelevant

It's just another angst-ridden end of the world dealy done by CLAMP. Big Grin Two groups of supernaturally powered warriors do battle in Tokyo with the fate of the world hanging in the balance. Heavy on themes of fate, destiny, prophecy, etc. It's a great show and a pretty good movie (though the movie is, by its nature, very rushed. However, it's still enough to get the gist of the story). It's a bit bloody (understatement alert, it's bloody as Death Valley is hot at noon in July), but it's darn well done.

You might be able to rent the movie at a Blockbuster or other major movie store, I dunno. I don't rent things often. Red Face
Asirt 07-22-2004 11:08 PM
I'm thinking about buying this series sometime soon. For the looks of it, it seems to be much better than the movie.
dominusofdeath 07-22-2004 11:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Trisa
I'm thinking about buying this series sometime soon. For the looks of it, it seems to be much better than the movie.. Big Grin

Later,
Trisa

PS. To my suprise, I found an very old thread on X here. Enjoy!

X

I didnt bother searching. How many times have people typed the letter X.........
My thread is better!
Sephiroth 07-25-2004 08:22 PM
The movie was cool, but it really confused me. I read that it was the sequal to Tokyo Babylon (which really freaked me out, it was really depressing), but I didn't see how as none of the characters from those 2 movies were in X. The only things I didn't like about X were that; A. People I thought were cool died after about 12 seconds, and B. It constantly seemed as if I had missed something leaving me completely in the dark as to what was going on.
angelcakes 07-25-2004 08:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sephiroth
The only things I didn't like about X were that; A. People I thought were cool died after about 12 seconds

I also had that issue with the X/1999 manga. I mean....

spoiler (highlight to read):
They killed Kotori-chan of in 8 volumes! 8! That was plain mean! Then Tokiko-san was killed in 7, which was horrid, since she was like, up there with Kotori-chan.

But even saying so, you just can't say CLAMP-sama was evil for doing that to them.
dominusofdeath 07-25-2004 09:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by angelcakes
quote:
The only things I didn't like about X were that; A. People I thought were cool died after about 12 seconds

They killed Kotori-chan of in 8 volumes! 8! That was plain mean! Then Tokiko-san was killed in 7, which was horrid, since she was like, up there with Kotori-chan.

But even saying so, you just can't say CLAMP-sama was evil for doing that to them.

I cried........
angelcakes 07-25-2004 09:04 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

I cried........

As did I when

Fuma-kun shoved the sword through Kotori-chan's heart. Also the way Kamui-chan reacted was heartbreaking. The exact look on his face made me tear up quite a bit

*Notice I use honorifics for the characters now. I believe my obssesion has grown a bit...(more like a lot) Probably because I'm only 4 books away from having as the translated CLAMP works out so far.... Big Grin
dominusofdeath 07-25-2004 09:08 PM
quote:
As did I when

Fuma-kun shoved the sword through Kotori-chan's heart. Also the way Kamui-chan reacted was heartbreaking. The exact look on his face made me tear up quite a bit

*Notice I use honorifics for the characters now. I believe my obssesion has grown a bit...(more like a lot) Big Grin

hehehe. It is a VERY sad(not sad as in horrible sad as in depressing) anime/movie/manga. But it is good.
angelcakes 07-25-2004 09:11 PM
quote:
quote:
As did I when

*Notice I use honorifics for the characters now. I believe my obssesion has grown a bit...(more like a lot) Big Grin

hehehe. It is a VERY sad(not sad as in horrible sad as in depressing) anime/movie/manga. But it is good.

How far have you read of the manga (if at all)

I hear many people dislike the anime Kotori-chan. Why? According to them, she's very annoying in the anime. Can anyone confirm that? Personally I thought that manga Kotori-chan was a were loveable character. Infact, other than Dorothy and several other assorted CLAMP men, she's my favorite character. She stuck me a a tragic beauty.....
dominusofdeath 07-25-2004 09:24 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
As did I when

How far have you read of the manga (if at all)

I hear many people dislike the anime Kotori-chan. Why? According to them, she's very annoying in the anime. Can anyone confirm that? Personally I thought that manga Kotori-chan was a were loveable character. Infact, other than Dorothy and several other assorted CLAMP men, she's my favorite character. She stuck me a a tragic beauty.....

She's kinda perky in the Anime. I haven't read the manga. YET! Next time I get paid I have to buy the second DVD first. I bought one last week..