X

Shredder 07-26-2004 01:18 AM
X is a great series. Big Grin I haven't read the manga (yet), but have seen the entire anime series and movie. The movie has great animation but is confusing if you see it before the series or manga because there's just too many characters introduced too fast (plus the ending is...strange). The series takes the time to go into who everyone is and what relationships they have with the other characters. Highly recommended.
dominusofdeath 07-26-2004 01:32 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Shredder
X is a great series. Big Grin I haven't read the manga (yet), but have seen the entire anime series and movie. The movie has great animation but is confusing if you see it before the series or manga because there's just too many characters introduced too fast (plus the ending is...strange). The series takes the time to go into who everyone is and what relationships they have with the other characters. Highly recommended.

Seen......entire...thing......~jealousy rages~
Yeah I saw the movie first. It confused me alot when I started watching the series.........
StevieV019 07-28-2004 01:21 PM
Ive seen the entire series and the movie...the movie is too cramped, and they leave out too many characters and intriguing aspects of the story. Still not bad.

The series is a whole lot better...from the pace, to the artwork, to the music.

Tokyo Babylon was a side story/prequel involving Subaru and the Sumeragi clan.
BigPrime 07-29-2004 09:12 AM
I caught the last few minutes of Tokyo Babylon at Anime Boston, but didn't know it was related to X then (though I was actually in the middle of the series at that point, I just didn't put 2 and 2 together). Seemed interesting enough, but I had no idea what was going on as I was only catching the conclusion.
angelcakes 05-28-2006 09:53 PM
I was searching for this thread for a while because I've been meaning to revive it for some time now...

Recently I bought the movie version of X and I became absolutely enthralled by the series once again. It did take a bit of searching to find...and I had to drive to Farmington to get it...

I love Rintaro's art style as well as the story changes that the director made. I like the subtle differences in the style compared to the TV series. It struck me as much prettier that the series (especially Kotori-chan).

It made me laugh so hard for one reason or another. Maybe it's because the TV seemed to lack certain...charms the manga had (such as the regular decapitation of Kotori-chan Tongue ) and I was dying to see it in animated form.

spoiler (highlight to read):
Maybe it's because EVERYONE except Kamui-chan died. They kill people off at an amazing speed in this movie. I this Subaru-kun died in the first 5 minutes O.o

Or maybe it was the fact that when someone's head/arm/body part popped off or someone got stabbed it sounded like someone was squishing jam as the sound affect. XP

Viewing the movie really restored my love for the series (causing me to spend all my money on X/1999 wallscrolls and posters). To those who haven't yet seen this thread...seen it?
Darkside 05-29-2006 12:53 AM
Saw the movie, didn't like it. two words, "Anti Climactic" with all the killing that was going on I was hoping for some totally sweet final fight and instead all i got was a total buzzkill.