I, Robot

Big-O 07-18-2004 03:24 PM
Well, I saw this movie on friday night and I have to say it is one well done movie. No romance what so ever. No crappy scenes and the best part is you get to see the guy that plays Louis on Even Stevens curse alot...

So if any of you saw it tell me what you think because I don't want to be alone on this one ^_^

Any questions about the movie also... Big Grin
Seraphim 07-18-2004 03:25 PM
I saw this movie a few days ago. Probably one of the best movies I've seen in a while. It was one of those films where you didn't know the ending up until the last bit of it, just about. Absolutely exciting - it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. The CG was great (very little looked fake) and the storyline was immersive and compelling.

I recommend this movie HIGHLY.
Benjamin 07-18-2004 04:38 PM
Somehow I told you so just doesn't cut it.

Or Something

~WILL SMITH~

I think the movie is Good

Just Not The Best One

OR MY FAVORITE

You Guys Remember the DARK CRYSTAL???

~BenjamiN~
Trotsky 07-18-2004 05:12 PM
i liked it, i completly got it... i was the only person in my familey that got stuff before it happned.

spoiler (highlight to read):
i've seen medical studyies on intergreation of machnacal parts to a human, so i could tell form the first scene that it was a machancal arm

i thought it was a bit predictable. exept for the very end... that was a great ending. and every thing was very well done in the movie. i highly recomend it.
Big-O 07-18-2004 05:26 PM
Yah I coudl also tell.

I loved how the movie started

how it showed why he hated robots

I have to say none of it looked fake... you knew it was fake but none of it actually looked it.
Lynnet 07-18-2004 05:47 PM
I'm glad to hear they've kept love interest out of it. I'm not a huge Asimov fan, but I'd like to think they weren't ripping a classic completely to shreds.

This site http://www.asimovlaws.com/ seems to be a robophobe PETA, responding to the film's release by foisting explanatory pamphets on moviegoers to make them frightened of AI.

Crazy people are fun.
The Big Ian 07-18-2004 06:07 PM
I only wish they could make some kick ass action figures of the characters.... Crying
Travis Bickle 07-18-2004 07:41 PM
It was a lot better than I thought it would be. It originally had nothing to do with Asimov's book series, but they decided to add some elements of the Robot series to the movie, such as the 3 laws and some charachter names. It was a good movie, though, and had the best cgi in any movie this year, in my opinion (except for spider man 2).
Zopwx2 07-18-2004 09:48 PM
I am also a big asimov fan, and I pretty much predicted what people are telling me the ending is.

I'm sure it was an alright movie, but probably not very much like the book.
The Big Ian 07-18-2004 11:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
I am also a big asimov fan, and I pretty much predicted what people are telling me the ending is.

I'm sure it was an alright movie, but probably not very much like the book.

It isn't. Tongue
Mr. Saturn 07-19-2004 02:54 AM
Hmm, I haven't seen it but I want to. It looks pretty good.

Someone told me that Will Smith did a nude scene in it, is this true?
Seraphim 07-19-2004 05:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey D. Luffy
Hmm, I haven't seen it but I want to. It looks pretty good.

Someone told me that Will Smith did a nude scene in it, is this true?

Partially true. You only see his ass.
Big-O 07-19-2004 06:27 PM
And it lasts about 15 seconds... thank god... cus that scene could be removed and the movie would be fine.
Seraphim 07-19-2004 06:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big-O
And it lasts about 15 seconds... thank god... cus that scene could be removed and the movie would be fine.

The Will Smith Ass Scene seems to be the most debated in the movie. I think it was done artistically, though.
Big-O 07-19-2004 06:34 PM
It was but I can still see the movie fine without it. I don't really complain about it and I too agree it was artistically done.
Seraphim 07-19-2004 06:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big-O
It was but I can still see the movie fine without it. I don't really complain about it and I too agree it was artistically done.

I think it was necessary. Although it didn't have a ton of an impact, it reinforces the fact that he's just a normal guy (not some non-showering supercop)
Josey 08-04-2004 04:57 PM
I have to say since I saw I,Robot I cant stop thinking about it.
I cant wait to get it on DVD.
BethMcBeth 08-04-2004 05:00 PM
Yeah I also thoght it was a good movie too! ^_^"" I also liked how Will Smith was in it!! He makes me laugh soo much!! ^_^"" wahhaaha!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Josey
I have to say since I saw I,Robot I cant stop thinking about it.
I cant wait to get it on DVD.

YEAH!! Me too! I hope they put in lots of special features and the how we made this stuff. I am inetesed in the computer graphics and that stuff even though I don't know that much about graphics. ^_~"
Gummibear 08-07-2004 09:35 PM
It was a good Sci-fi flick. Did anyone else like the fact that it was realistic sci-fi ? I mean just the way they protrayed Chicago was cool. I really like the way they integrated it all. It actually felt like this could happen on day. The robot ,Sunny reminded me of Dorothy from Big O.The human emotions 0.o! Anyways I kept thinking
the big twist has to be that Spooner is a robot. Because his grandmother was like "he brought my baby back". Also when he was fighting with that other robot and the mechanical arm was exposed. I was so wrong. The creators were very clever!
Adrenaline 08-08-2004 09:12 AM
Yeah, I got the realistic Scifi in it. I thought it would be like any other machine movie, but it was completely different and that's what really made me like the movie.

Of course, there were minor set backs in the script, like

Vintage 2004, Fed Ex Delivery, and some other form of advertisement

But, when you set all that stuff aside, it was a great movie.