incubus

ebie 07-15-2004 04:54 PM
I love Incubus I have like all there cds except their new one.
But any way i think they rock
Bllue 07-15-2004 05:57 PM
dont they only have three cds out?
my brother has one or two of them, but he doesnt have a crow left of the murder.
i love that cd!
its so awsome and its songs are cool and thats baisically the same thing.
anyways bra/endon is hott!
i cant spell his name!Crying
ebie 07-15-2004 07:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bllue
dont they only have three cds out?
my brother has one or two of them, but he doesnt have a crow left of the murder.
i love that cd!
its so awsome and its songs are cool and thats baisically the same thing.
anyways bra/endon is hott!
i cant spell his name!Crying

u spell his name like Brandon and he is beyond the point of hot
Mike 07-15-2004 08:26 PM
I never really liked Incubus. They were never heavy enough for me.
But I do like that song "Megalomaniac."
dawnstrider 07-15-2004 08:41 PM
I love Incubus Smile ). I always felt that they had a unique sound and voice.

My favorite song is probably "I Wish You Were Here"; it combines all their best fetures - inventive lyrics, the background turntable, and the works Smile .

*Walks off humming "Pardon Me"*
Buck Buck #1 07-15-2004 10:46 PM
I realy like Incubus. I saw them at Music Midtown a couple of years ago and they rocked Big Grin !
Big Money 07-15-2004 11:44 PM
I might like Incubus if I didn't not like them... Though a major reason for my dislike of them happens to be that this jerky dood at school wishes he could sing like them... and does it all the time... and hes terrible...
LANIMILBUS 07-16-2004 10:39 AM
Incubus is the best thing to come out of the modern mainstream rock radio aside from Weezer.

But I can't say Weezer is better than Incubus because they are both so different. It's like saying apples are better than camels.

Morning View was their best CD, because A. It is, and B. All the metalheads hate it.
StevieV019 07-16-2004 12:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LANIMILBUS
Incubus is the best thing to come out of the modern mainstream rock radio aside from Weezer.

*ahem* Hoobastank, anyone??

(back to topic) Incubus isnt that bad, I havent heard their complete vault of songs though. The ones I have heard, are pretty good though. Good driving music, when you're with a group or just out late at night.

Weezer, yes, classic greatness...
LANIMILBUS 07-16-2004 12:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
*ahem* Hoobastank, anyone??

Hoobastank was actually good for their first two singles, which were something like Crawling in the Dark and Why Are You Running Away, or something. I downloaded those songs, because they were good.

Then they released The Reason and everyone liked it even though it's horrible.
ebie 07-16-2004 12:37 PM
[/quote]Then they released The Reason and everyone liked it even though it's horrible.[/quote]

I would have to dis agree with u on that Hobastanks new song totly rocks! I think all the bad music has been clouding up ur brian!
StevieV019 07-16-2004 01:02 PM
Quick side note....the rest of the cd is easily better than their song "The Reason". I was skeptical at first....but give Hoobastank's second album a try...it wont disappoint. The Reason isnt that bad, but I have to admit their singles from the first album were/are better....

EDIT: Also, the first album altogether is good...it really flows from one track to the next. The same can be said about their second album too. Try the single "Out of Control"...thats more like the Hoobastank you're used to, its the first track on their second cd.
Travis Bickle 07-16-2004 09:19 PM
old incubus rules

new incubus is teh s uck
Volt 07-18-2004 08:40 PM
STFU beehotch.
Their new CD rawks. The only songs I can say I hate are Pistola and that other one... Focus, I think. Usually on a CD, I hate about half the songs, but I really like almost all of the songs on a Crow Left of The Murder. My favorite songs are "Talk Show On Mute", "Priceless", and "Smile Lines". Overall, I give the CD a 9/10. Buy it no, ya hoes.
syous 07-13-2005 10:52 PM
the gentleman in the band incubus have decided to change their sound on every album. as their musical talent increases, so does the music. (duh)

that is why many say new incubus sucks and old incubus was good. however, they actually get better at their instruments, and explore different sub-genres.

now bands like the smashing pumpkins, all their albums sound the same to me.

*prepares to avoid attacks from pumpkins fans*
Travis Bickle 07-13-2005 11:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by syous
now bands like the smashing pumpkins, all their albums sound the same to me.

*prepares to avoid attacks from pumpkins fans*

Hey, wait just a minute, now!

If you actually stopped for a second to listen to an entire Pumpkins album (or a song, even) and then another afterwards, you would easily hear how they evolved through their music. Gish is so much different from Machina. Gish is so much different from their sophmore album, Siamese Dream.

I never said that Incubus doesn't evolve musically. However, maybe they did it for the worse ("Talk Shows on Mute", anyone?)?
syous 07-13-2005 11:20 PM
Remember the songs by Blur called song 2 and beetlebum? as you recall they are sort of a parody/sterotype of most music around that era.
The song talk shows on mute is doing the same thing. However, the lyrics are meant to be thought provoking, but the music is meant to be a basic catchy 2 chord riff.
Travis Bickle 07-14-2005 07:12 AM
quote:
Originally posted by syous
Remember the songs by Blur called song 2 and beetlebum? as you recall they are sort of a parody/sterotype of most music around that era.
The song talk shows on mute is doing the same thing. However, the lyrics are meant to be thought provoking, but the music is meant to be a basic catchy 2 chord riff.

Yes, but you see, Blur actually succeeded in making two good songs out of it, whereas Incubus has failed.

However, that's just my opinion.