[Question] Why the rise?

evanASF27 07-15-2004 06:11 PM
Seraphim will you stop spamming...nearly evey post IN THIS THREAD that you've made here is spam. (and now you know why he has such a high post count folks).

Spaming to get to ANY rank is unnecessary and AGAINST THE FORUM'S RULES. You will get a warning if you spam.

R. Umino- You are right, you should have to spam or post alot in a short time to reach the "Forum Veteren" rank

Seraphim- SHUT UP!!! For god's sake damn it, will you shut up! Spam of ANY KIND is not allowed on these forums. YOu are making more with everypost in this thread. You should have learned that by now Seraphim.

SPAM = BAD -> WARNING.

This thread has severed it's purpose. R. Umino now knows about the change (I hope you did despite the arguing here o.o)...
Seraphim 07-15-2004 06:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
Seraphim will you stop spamming...nearly evey post IN THIS THREAD that you've made here is spam. (and now you know why he has such a high post count folks).

Spaming to get to ANY rank is unnecessary and AGAINST THE FORUM'S RULES. You will get a warning if you spam.

R. Umino- You are right, you should have to spam or post alot in a short time to reach the "Forum Veteren" rank

Seraphim- SHUT UP!!! For god's sake damn it, will you shut up! Spam of ANY KIND is not allowed on these forums. YOu are making more with everypost in this thread. You should have learned that by now Seraphim.

SPAM = BAD -> WARNING.

Evan, I find your post insulting. Not only is telling someone to shut up twice (with four exclamation marks in total) the most blatant form of trolling, insinuating that I spam all the time isn't just plain not true, and is an unwarrented assault on my character. You can read my posts if you like and see this. I said, you can look at my profile and click "Search" and read every post I've made. It's all there for anyone who doesn't believe me.

Also, the posts I've made here contribute to a discussion and they are not spam. By your logic, your post is spam, too.

I suppose you expect me to reply with something like "Well, Evan, shut up also!!!" and then draw me into some kind of argument. I'm not falling for that one again.
evanASF27 07-15-2004 06:16 PM
no i was actually expecting you to stop posting spam and stupid resonses here... Sweatdrop
Tickle Tickle 07-15-2004 06:17 PM
Dang.

I ask a simple question, and look what happens...

*sigh*

Maybe someone should just lock this thread...
Seraphim 07-15-2004 06:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R-Umino
Dang.

I ask a simple question, and look what happens...

*sigh*

Maybe someone should just lock this thread...

I'm done posting in this thread. I tried to have a healthy discussion on how many useful posts one can make in a day, but apparently that didn't succeed due to some personal issues with other members.
X Prime 07-15-2004 06:23 PM
Excuse me, I simply posted my opinion with historical facts pertaining to this forum backing them up. Please halt your unfounded insinuations, history is on my side in this one.
The Fallen Phoenix 07-15-2004 09:22 PM
All posting in this thread ceases now. It doesn't even matter how many insightful posts you make in a day; I don't see why anyone should even be concerned about it. It's only when you think about how many posts are necessary for that next rank does the task become so daunting, and eventually it will take a toll on your posting; whether you realize it or not, unconciously you may very well be thinking "I need to type this post so I can be a Forum Veteran in three days..."

X Prime hit the nail on the head when, ultimately, it is the moderators and administrators who will determine if a post qualifies as spam; so long as you only think about making insightful posts, you shouldn't have any problem. There's really nothing more to discuss beyond that.

As I said before, I really don't see the need to continue this "discussion" any further; consider this thread locked. Anyone who posts after this (with the exception of Krang and/or Shredder) will receive serious repercussions.
Krang 07-15-2004 11:21 PM
Ok, enough with the arguing, everyone. I know that some of you have had past arguments in the MFL, but that's no reason to drag them here. Settle them privately, not on the forums.

Seraphim, please don't encourage people to spam. What's important is the quality of people's posts, not the quantity. If people become obsessed with raising their post counts, everyone will start spamming and these forums would look like The Technodrome a mess.

But even though Seraphim's suggestion wasn't very beneficial, that's still no reason for anyone to attack him. I have no problem with people disagreeing with him, but posting personal attacks will just lead to arguments.

quote:
Originally posted by R-Umino
I think this should just to apply to new members (as in, those who joined AFTER the decision) I've been here for pretty much a year, and I've been dying to get a custom title...

That sounds fair to me. I'll add you to the group.