Guster, Ben Folds, Rufus Wainright

LANIMILBUS 07-15-2004 09:23 AM
I'm going to see the tour with Guster, Ben Folds, and Rufus Wainright tonight.
I expect it to be good.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen or is planning to see this tour?
Or if anyone is going to the Pittsburgh show tonight that I might be sitting by but not even know it?
Travis Bickle 07-15-2004 10:46 AM
No. I hate the new Guster cd (or the one that came out last year), and I didn't care for the Ben Folds solo cd. Who the hell is the other guy?
LANIMILBUS 07-15-2004 01:18 PM
I have no idea who Rufus is. I listened to him once, and he sounds sort of like Billy Joel. But the guy in The Mountain Goats said he was really good, so I'm going to trust him since I like The Mountain Goats.

But I do like Ben Folds and Guster's newer things as well as their older things.
Travis Bickle 06-14-2005 10:28 AM
Ok...old thread.

I just got the new Ben Folds cd "Songs for Silverman", and it's pretty damn good. Much better than his last album. "Landed" is probobly my favorite song that he's ever done, including things from Ben Folds Five.

Oh, and by the way, as a side note: LANIMILBUS, the creator of this thread, now has a record deal with indie label Omega Point Records under the name Beeblo. I'd check it out. It's pretty kick ass.

Edit: Screw that. "Army" and "One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces" will always be my favorites Smile
088nd 06-14-2005 11:43 AM
You don't know Rufus!?

If you went I bet you do now. He's pretty good, and I like his music, despite the fact that a lot of the songs are repetitive.
LANIMILBUS 06-15-2005 11:09 PM
Bleedthrough just got me to comback here. this is my first post in like...a year. or two.

But yeah, I do know Rufus now. And I love him. I don't think he's repetitive, really. But then again, I like techno music.