Anime Recommendations

Silv3rKnigh1 07-14-2004 05:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R-Umino
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
also, Puni Puni Poemy (after excel)


You should give a warning for that.

XD


why theirs no more nudity in that then in outlaw star Tongue
Tickle Tickle 07-14-2004 05:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
why theirs no more nudity in that then in outlaw star Tongue


Sure there's no nudity..

But what about everything else?

"She's got drool"
"That ain't drool"
Kittie heavenly6 07-14-2004 05:41 PM
someone offered me a free copy of that anime. i turned it down.
Silv3rKnigh1 07-14-2004 05:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie Version 1
someone offered me a free copy of that anime. i turned it down.


lol why its one of teh funniest ovs series ever!
its like all the goodness in excel super concentrated into 2 ovas

quote:
Originally posted by R-Umino
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
why theirs no more nudity in that then in outlaw star Tongue


Sure there's no nudity..

But what about everything else?

"She's got drool"
"That ain't drool"


lol its got jokes

okok 14+ only

r u happy
Tickle Tickle 07-14-2004 08:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
okok 14+ only

r u happy


17+

All the copies I see have a sticker that says '17+ Retailers ASK FOR I.D.' even the copy my mom got me for Easter (will I go to hell for that?) had it.
Silv3rKnigh1 07-14-2004 08:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R-Umino
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
okok 14+ only

r u happy


17+

All the copies I see have a sticker that says '17+ Retailers ASK FOR I.D.' even the copy my mom got me for Easter (will I go to hell for that?) had it.


>_< must u be so frickin difficult, all i wanted to do was give some suggestions!!!!!!!
Tickle Tickle 07-14-2004 08:41 PM
But I'm not being difficult, I'm just correcting you ;D
Xel 07-14-2004 08:47 PM
I've always thought Escaflowne was a really good series, and Urusei Yatsura is pure awesome.

Hmm... Utena's pretty good, though it's a little girly and a LOT bizarre. >.> The movie's a little too weird for my tastes, though. Well, there isn't really anything that's too weird. But I'm talking slightly pretentious-weird.

The Mahou Tsukai Tai/Magic Users Club OVA series is both dirty and hysterical. I highly recommend it.
Kittie heavenly6 07-14-2004 08:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xel
I've always thought Escaflowne was a really good series, and Urusei Yatsura is pure awesome.

Hmm... Utena's pretty good, though it's a little girly and a LOT bizarre. >.> The movie's a little too weird for my tastes, though. Well, there isn't really anything that's too weird. But I'm talking slightly pretentious-weird.

The Mahou Tsukai Tai/Magic Users Club OVA series is both dirty and hysterical. I highly recommend it.


Escaflowne rules. Urusei Yatsura was another great series.

I could tell you why I turned down a free copy of Poemy, but it would greatly insult everyone who liked that anime, and I just don't want to do that.
Tickle Tickle 07-14-2004 08:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie Version 1
I could tell you why I turned down a free copy of Poemy, but it would greatly insult everyone who liked that anime, and I just don't want to do that.


Was it because it's really stupid? Even though I think it's funny, and I have to say it is very, very stupid. XD
Kittie heavenly6 07-14-2004 08:57 PM
That was part of it yes. But there was something else that struck me, and a few other people that saw it and I'd really not rather get in to it on the message board. It would come off as an insult, even though it's really not meant to be.
Silv3rKnigh1 07-14-2004 09:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie Version 1
That was part of it yes. But there was something else that struck me, and a few other people that saw it and I'd really not rather get in to it on the message board. It would come off as an insult, even though it's really not meant to be.


I know what u r talkin about, and its not that bad

mabye the ppl who told u that just werent used to that type thing

*******edit******
Umino: it wasnt dumb, it was....very very dumb, but very very funny

That scene where she chops up the dog, I fell outta my chair
Bismarck 07-14-2004 10:23 PM
[
quote:
I]Originally posted by Xel [/I]
I've always thought Escaflowne was a really good series, and Urusei Yatsura is pure awesome.

Hmm... Utena's pretty good, though it's a little girly and a LOT bizarre. >.> The movie's a little too weird for my tastes, though. Well, there isn't really anything that's too weird. But I'm talking slightly pretentious-weird.

The Mahou Tsukai Tai/Magic Users Club OVA series is both dirty and hysterical. I highly recommend it.


I can agree with that. My favorite character from that entire series is Dilandau. He is one crazy mofo, as I'm sure everyone who has watched the series already knows. Folken is a close second since he is a mysterious and interesting induvidual. I never really cared for any of the good guys in the series. They all seemed cliche somehow...
Kittie heavenly6 07-14-2004 10:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie Version 1
That was part of it yes. But there was something else that struck me, and a few other people that saw it and I'd really not rather get in to it on the message board. It would come off as an insult, even though it's really not meant to be.


I know what u r talkin about, and its not that bad

mabye the ppl who told u that just werent used to that type thing

*******edit******
Umino: it wasnt dumb, it was....very very dumb, but very very funny

That scene where she chops up the dog, I fell outta my chair


No, she's very dirty minded and watches lots of hentai, and it bothered HER. if it bothers her, It's creepy. (I have seen the anime, I quickly gave it back)
Silv3rKnigh1 07-14-2004 10:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie Version 1
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
quote:
Originally posted by Grunger Kittie Version 1
That was part of it yes. But there was something else that struck me, and a few other people that saw it and I'd really not rather get in to it on the message board. It would come off as an insult, even though it's really not meant to be.


I know what u r talkin about, and its not that bad

mabye the ppl who told u that just werent used to that type thing

*******edit******
Umino: it wasnt dumb, it was....very very dumb, but very very funny

That scene where she chops up the dog, I fell outta my chair


No, she's very dirty minded and watches lots of hentai, and it bothered HER. if it bothers her, It's creepy. (I have seen the anime, I quickly gave it back)


thats dumb

theirs a whole thread on here about ppl who liked it
The Fallen Phoenix 07-14-2004 11:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
thats dumb

theirs a whole thread on here about ppl who liked it


Just because some people like something doesn't mean everyone has to like it...after all, last I checked it was perfectly okay for people to have different tastes...Sweatdrop
Silv3rKnigh1 07-14-2004 11:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
thats dumb

theirs a whole thread on here about ppl who liked it


Just because some people like something doesn't mean everyone has to like it...after all, last I checked it was perfectly okay for people to have different tastes...Sweatdrop


i know but he's not giving a good reason for it
The Fallen Phoenix 07-14-2004 11:18 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
i know but he's not giving a good reason for it


...who are we to judge someone's reasons for liking or disliking a particular anime?

Just for the record, GK, I think your reasoning is perfectly justified.
Silv3rKnigh1 07-14-2004 11:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
i know but he's not giving a good reason for it


...who are we to judge someone's reasons for liking or disliking a particular anime?

Just for the record, GK, I think your reasoning is perfectly justified.


o hey its just liek the hentai thread, lets be spiteful jerks and not listen to silver and gang up on him
Xel 07-14-2004 11:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
...who are we to judge someone's reasons for liking or disliking a particular anime?

Just for the record, GK, I think your reasoning is perfectly justified.


o hey its just liek the hentai thread, lets be spiteful jerks and not listen to silver and gang up on him


Silver, seriously. Read what FP wrote. No one's ganging up on you. You have to learn that just because people disagree with you doesn't mean they're out to get you.

And I also think GK's reasoning is justified...