[Suggestion] Music forum

LANIMILBUS 07-11-2004 11:11 PM
This might be a really bad idea, but I'll pitch it anyway...

I think there should be a forum dedicated to music discussion. All of the threads relating to music under easyspeak are rather successful (the lyrics threads, the "what are you listening to" threads, etc.), and I think that a forum dedicated to music would be nice to have.

Feel free to bash/flame/hate. I'm not sensitive to those sort of things.
Kairi 07-11-2004 11:24 PM
If we can have a forum for video games, I say, why not one for music, too?
Hienrich Ele 07-12-2004 12:00 AM
I believe this has been suggested in the past, but I don't quite remeber why it never happened. I think it would be ok. I wouldn't be able to post in it unless some of the older members did though. I am into oldies.

RAP IS CRAP!
The Fallen Phoenix 07-12-2004 12:11 AM
The reason Krang gives for any rejected sub-forum (the RPG sub-forum and the Movie sub-forum, just to name two of them) is because there isn't enough discussion for that particular topic to warrent a sub-forum.

One could make the argument that there will be more discussion of the topic if we made a sub-forum, but that would be the same with any topic; therefore, it would get to the point where every topic would have sub-forums and this board would be terribly fractured. Granted, it might seem more organized, but this does make for several forums to manage...this can be hard on both the members and the administrators/moderators.

Personally, I wouldn't mind one or two more sub-forums, but I also think that might set a bad precedent (where the situation I alluded to in the previous paragraph might come to pass).
Krang 07-12-2004 01:08 AM
Since a music forum is probably the most suggested subforum (even more so than movies) and since there are several existing threads about music that would help get it started, I think I'll go ahead and add one. Maybe later, I could add the subcategory "The Lounge" for the entertainment subforums, but for now, I'll just add it as a regular subforum.
Prons 07-12-2004 02:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Since a music forum is probably the most suggested subforum (even more so than movies) and since there are several existing threads about music that would help get it started, I think I'll go ahead and add one. Maybe later, I could add the subcategory "The Lounge" for the entertainment subforums, but for now, I'll just add it as a regular subforum.

YES! When will it be up? It will be sub in the speak easy right?
Krang 07-12-2004 02:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns

I'll be putting it up in a few minutes, and yes, it will be right below the Game Room as a subforum of the Speakeasy. For now, I'll call it the Jukebox, but if I come up with a more appropriate name (such as something that was actually shown in the Speakeasy in Big O), I'll change it.
Prons 07-12-2004 04:28 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns

I'll be putting it up in a few minutes, and yes, it will be right below the Game Room as a subforum of the Speakeasy. For now, I'll call it the Jukebox, but if I come up with a more appropriate name (such as something that was actually shown in the Speakeasy in Big O), I'll change it.

Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto.