the hype for spider man 3...

seraphjei 07-08-2004 08:52 PM
yes my dear friends there is already hype for sm3. i for one will also generate this hype because the second was spectacular and no doubt so will the third. my friends has gone to over the ends of the internet to pick up these "rumors" links will come soon.
1.the main villan will be the hob goblin(sp....)
2.an ad on villan will be venom or carnage undecided.(yes there is two badies...too cool)
3.the death of harry osborne???this is really a rumor that is most likely not true.
4.a fight scene between venom-carnage VS hob goblin

these are all rumors since production on the movie hasnt started!!!
what do you guys think is going to happen in the third movie please share...
oh the release date is may 2007.
Sharpshooter005 07-08-2004 08:55 PM
Venom.

Unless they TOTALLY throw the symbiote storyline out the window (and..even HAVING venom at first without Spidey getting the alien costume would kind of, but it would probably be a bit more palatable than "spiderman travels to an ALIEN WORLD" since the movies are...avoiding that kind of stuff) I doubt carnage would be there. (Carnage only exists because Kassady shared a cell with Brock, got a breakaway element of venom, and their mutual insanity resulted in Carnage)

quote:
1.the main villan will be the hob goblin(sp....)

Refresh my memory..the hobgoblin was one of the green goblin successors posessed by a legitimate demon, right?

Oh...wait..no, that was demogoblin, right?

I ask because..if they go the "demon" route, then suddenly the "alien costumes" stuff dosen't seem out of place as much.
seraphjei 07-08-2004 08:57 PM
quote:
Refresh my memory..the hobgoblin was one of the green goblin successors posessed by a legitimate demon, right?

the hobgoblin was harry osborne if i wasnt mistaken
Sharpshooter005 07-08-2004 09:00 PM
http://www.alaph.com/spiderman/enemies/hobgoblin2.html

Yeah, I thought the hobgoblin was a mercenary who somehow got his hands on the weapons system.

But yeah, now that I think about it. The demogoblin was the third incarnation when a demon posessed the hobgoblin. (Theres a venom comic where him and the..vampire d00d, morbius or whatever, have to fight demogoblin I think)
Darkside 07-08-2004 09:01 PM
Hob Goblin Is actually a completely different guy, a theif who stole the formula that made you the green goblin. He stole it and perfected it, you got the super strength and the super intelligence, but you didn't go insane like Norman or Harry.

And I thought Carnage was a second symbiote and was insane because Kassady was a psychopath?
seraphjei 07-08-2004 09:02 PM
weird...maybe i should look up my comics again... in anycase. i still think the idea of a new yet not insane gobin in the house is very cool.
Sharpshooter005 07-08-2004 09:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Metal Gear
Hob Goblin Is actually a completely different guy, a theif who stole the formula that made you the green goblin. He stole it and perfected it, you got the super strength and the super intelligence, but you didn't go insane like Norman or Harry.

And I thought Carnage was a second symbiote and was insane because Kassady was a psychopath?

Heres what little I remember

Kassady and Brock were cellmates at some point, somehow, part of the venom symbiote left him, and went into Kassady.

Now I forget if it's because that element of the symbiote was unbalanced, or if Kassady somehow got it, or what happened. But the end result is you basically got psycho venom. I think the "it was a rogue element of the alien" explanation is the one, since it explains the visceral hatred carnage and venom have for one another (which goes beyond carnage just enjoying killing, theres a very deep enmity between them. Which is why there was that...whole...miniseries where carnage managed to utilize VR technologies to kill people remotely, and Venom kind of immidiately popped into the picture)

Then later on there were like...4 or 5 other symbiotes, which I think..didn't some paramilitary group CLONE them or something?
o55goten 07-08-2004 09:33 PM
Ok here is what I have heard

1 the lizzard will be a villan
2 Venom will be there
3 Carnage will not
4 Harry Osborn will be the GREEN goblin and not the hobgoblin
5 Doc Oc might make a rebirth
Sharpshooter005 07-08-2004 09:37 PM
quote:
5 Doc Oc might make a rebirth

SPOILER!!!!!! Dead

(But...obvious, even though I haven't seen spider man 2..I..could guess, yeah.)
Gummibear 07-08-2004 09:37 PM
hehe funny thought ;

The Cob Goblin! He loves to eat corn! ( hehe you know like Corn on the cob, get it?)

Roll Eyes Okay that was random...sorry I'm high on Spiderman...

2007! Are they serious?! I can't wait THAT long! Crying
seraphjei 07-08-2004 09:46 PM
i think the lizard may make an ok villan but it will be hard to top of dock ock. and dock ock maybe working with spidey is another cool thought. also in the movie i believe oscorp is going to make and generate the symbiote making the whole alien storyline out the window.
Trotsky 07-08-2004 10:26 PM
hay hay you all forgot man spider. he lost his power's for a time because of the muitagenic problems in his body, not because of his un-cernty. so more man spider problems. and JJJ's sun who probley now reely hated peter parker.
Big Money 07-09-2004 12:14 AM
JJJ's son brings back venom, If I am not mistaken... And doctor "one arm" Connors is the lizard, and yes, Harry becomes the Green Goblin...

Venom seems like it would take its own movie, since there is the whole first bit with "Black Suit Spidey."
Nyarlathotep 07-09-2004 12:22 AM
Interesting, I had thought if Venom was going to show up, it would be laboratory created, like wasn't Ultimate Venom an attempt at a cure for cancer or something? But they did introduce JJJ's son in 2, so hmmm....
Shaoblane 07-09-2004 12:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei
i think the lizard may make an ok villan
'

Im famous! YES!!! DIE ALL OF YOU!!! AHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :: steals weapon from homemade flamethrower thread ::

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Twenty dollars says that the villains win!
Nyarlathotep 07-09-2004 12:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Shaoblane
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei
i think the lizard may make an ok villan
'

Im famous! YES!!! DIE ALL OF YOU!!! AHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :: steals weapon from homemade flamethrower thread ::

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Twenty dollars says that the villains win!

We have to cut your arm off first to see if you have the regenative properties needed to fill the roll, hold still while I get my bone saw...
The Big Finale 07-09-2004 01:26 AM
About Carnage, what I had always heard (and read someplace, although I can't remember where), was that yes, some part of Venom did infect Cassisdy, but because he was so mentally unbalanced, he was able to gain complete and total control over it. After all, Carnage does refer to himself as "I" and "me", doesn't he?

quote:
Then later on there were like...4 or 5 other symbiotes, which I think..didn't some paramilitary group CLONE them or something?

As far as I can recall, Carnage somehow created them himself, if we're thinking about the same things.

Hm... actually, I was hoping that the vilain for Spider-Man 3 would be the Shocker (Electro, whatever) or the Rhino. Maybe even both of them at once, since each of them is a step down from Doc Ock and Green Goblin.
Sharpshooter005 07-09-2004 01:32 AM
quote:
About Carnage, what I had always heard (and read someplace, although I can't remember where), was that yes, some part of Venom did infect Cassisdy, but because he was so mentally unbalanced, he was able to gain complete and total control over it. After all, Carnage does refer to himself as "I" and "me", doesn't he?

This seems to fit, I'll go with it.

quote:
As far as I can recall, Carnage somehow created them himself, if we're thinking about the same things.

I remember...very little..one of them had hair, and that was her (it was a female) power or..something..

Then military types (S.H.I.E.L.D?) tried to stop them..and they had..crazy gadgets and so forth....plasma blades..and...it was weird.
Nyarlathotep 07-09-2004 01:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Finale
Hm... actually, I was hoping that the vilain for Spider-Man 3 would be the Shocker (Electro, whatever) or the Rhino. Maybe even both of them at once, since each of them is a step down from Doc Ock and Green Goblin.

I dunno, having two villians halves their time to develop. Adding more brings you closer and closer to a "Batman and Robin" level fiasco. I like the method they're using now of adding unto a future villian with things that lead to him becoming what he does.
The Big Finale 07-09-2004 01:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
quote:
Originally posted by Big Finale

I dunno, having two villians halves their time to develop. Adding more brings you closer and closer to a "Batman and Robin" level fiasco. I like the method they're using now of adding unto a future villian with things that lead to him becoming what he does.

Point well taken. Actually, I was thinking that same thing the instant I pressed "Post Reply". Still though, I would hope that they don't go with the Hobgoblin. It still seems a bit too soon for my tastes.