the hype for spider man 3...

Sharpshooter005 05-13-2007 01:37 AM
They should have made him demogoblin and explained the disfigurment as a side-effect of the serum.

Yes...just to mess with the overly literal fans. It'd amuse me
Inigo Montoya 05-20-2007 08:17 PM
Wait, wait, wait...

I have several issues of Spider-Man... and I don't recall Harry ever becoming Gobbie. I thought he died of a heroin overdose? And how can we possibly have Goblin in the first one, then kill him, start a relationship between Spidey and MJ in the second one, and NOW have Gwen Stacy? Is this going to be more and more Ultimate Spidey? Maybe Carnage will show up as a messed up clone and suck out Gwen's "lifeforce."
War.
Hollow XXVI 05-21-2007 10:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Call Me D. Just D. The D.
DEUS EX MAAAAAACHIIIIIIIIIIINA!

X is in this movie?

Also Venom didn't refer to himself as "we". I'm not watching this crap.
Nine Kuze 05-21-2007 11:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI

You know, my friend and I realized that a couple of days ago..

That was very, very disappointing yes.
Peace.
Hollow XXVI 05-21-2007 11:11 PM
I DON'T ASK FOR MUCH. But a crying Eddie and no "we" and Ven being skinny... f*** that noise, as they say.
Sharpshooter005 05-25-2007 01:30 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hollow XXVI

...Oddly enough. I'm pretty sure I could put up with pretty much everything else.

I can accept venom not being some hulking monster (since that was mainly the fact eddie brock started lifting weights constantly as part of...I forget the explanation, he wanted to assault peter parker or something).

I'll even accept the crying since if I remember right, the symbiote basically finds him when he's on the verge of suicide in that church praying for absolution or whatever. So this at least makes some amount of sense

The whole plural personal pronoun thing...thats like..yeah. Without that he's wayy too close to carnage (..oh f*** I hope they're not going to try to mix carnage and venom into one thing, I hated carnage), I thought the whole idea was venom was half the alien and half the host...like they're still two seperate entities they just kind of bonded together because they were really pissed off.

Then they became pseudo-vigilantes and ate some brains in those comics only I apparently liked

edit: Having said this I'll still wind up watching this eventually, and now I'm sure with lowered expectations I'll like it
Nine Kuze 05-30-2007 11:46 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
I can accept venom not being some hulking monster (since that was mainly the fact eddie brock started lifting weights constantly as part of...I forget the explanation, he wanted to assault peter parker or something).

The size isn't really a problem here. I mean, he's still bigger than Spider-Man in the movie, so its that not big of an issue, more like nitpicking really. But he's nowhere near as big as he was in the comics. And even way before the symboiate, Brock lifted weights and was like the size of an Olympian. He picked up even more when he was fired and became Venom, to keep himself in shape and such, so yeah.

quote:
I'll even accept the crying since if I remember right, the symbiote basically finds him when he's on the verge of suicide in that church praying for absolution or whatever. So this at least makes some amount of sense

No.

I know what you are talking about as well, and that was before he became Venom. The scene which everyone is talking about is where he's beating the sh** out of Spidey as Venom, is about to impale him with a metal rod and starts crying about how Parker and Spider-Man ruined his life. So no, its not a good scene for anyone on any level.

quote:

The whole plural personal pronoun thing...thats like..yeah. Without that he's wayy too close to carnage (..oh f*** I hope they're not going to try to mix carnage and venom into one thing, I hated carnage), I thought the whole idea was venom was half the alien and half the host...like they're still two seperate entities they just kind of bonded together because they were really pissed off.

Actually from my friend that watched and liked the movie as well, I think that's pretty much around the lines of what they were trying to do. I think someone here said it before (much love, D) that they were trying to combine the aspect of Carnage into the Venom character as well. If they did, that would explain some things (bad form, bad form). Also, I heard that they couldn't think of a cliffhanger for the third film and combine what they had for the fourth film into this one. Um... something's a miss when your screenwriter can't think up of a cliffhanger that has anything to do with Venom.

quote:
Then they became pseudo-vigilantes and ate some brains in those comics only I apparently liked

I just read the latest graphic novel they put out that is pretty much a huge collection of all the issues dealing with the symboiate and Venom and yeah, they had that in there. Where Brock is traveling across country and in a diner, some thugs hold the places up and he kills them to save everyone else. They made Venom into a hardcore vigilante and saved people and even kissed one of his victims because of the fact that he had to kill him when he didn't want to.

But when it came to Spider-Man, watch out now.

With all things considered, you'll probably be entertained by the movie if nothing else anyway.
Peace.