Gravitation

noTomato 07-07-2004 06:21 PM
Has anyone seen this anime? And I think there's a manga too. Almost all anime was started from a manga.

I got a free episode of this thanks to Newtype Magazine!! And apparently it's got some yaoi type stuff in it, or maybe even thru the whole thing(i hope i hope i hope). Although I do feel slightly uncomfortable with saying this, I can not deny - I like yaoi.
It reminded me a lot of Queer As Folk, I haven't necassarily seen that show, but I saw a special about it on Vh1.

(yay, my first yaoi-esque anime!!)

Anyone else see/like Gravitation?!
dawnstrider 07-07-2004 06:39 PM
I have the first three volumes of the manga, but I've never seen the anime.

....It's nice. That's all Embarrassed Sweatdrop .
Lady Tesser 07-07-2004 07:05 PM
My first brush with it was an anime music video (a hilarious rendition of 'The Cat Came Back') and I thought the pink-haired guy was a girl! (No, just an aspiring teen boy musician who becomes fascinated with a male romance novelist.)

Then I looked it up in Right Stuf's catalogue ... skimmed the manga at a bookstore ...

From what I can gather, it's mostly about inspiration and romance and music. Bishonen to the hilt. Looks interesting, but currently not pursuing it. Be good to know more about it.
Prons 07-07-2004 11:31 PM
Ah, nothing beats Gay innuendo, Gravitation is like a conversation between Seraphim and I.
Hanyou 07-07-2004 11:38 PM
I am very good at SEXUAL innuendoes I think, just not gay ones. And I certainly can't appreciate Gravitation.

Battle Vixens falls slightly within my realm.

Not that I...um...

...<_<...>_>...

*points* Look! It's...uh...an Ent!

*runs*
Xel 07-07-2004 11:39 PM
It's a decent series, though the manga is much better: Shuichi's less annoying, Yuki's less borderline abusive, and Ayaka isn't treated like the stereotypical "OMG! It's a girl in yaoi so she must be teh EBIL!!!11" yaoi-wench. >.> Er, yeah. I could criticize the anime for a while, but I do like it.

K is my favorite. *snicker*

But yes. It's very much yaoi the whole way through. There's actually a bit of sex in the manga...
noTomato 07-08-2004 01:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xel
But yes. It's very much yaoi the whole way through. There's actually a bit of sex in the manga...

REALLY!?!??! ¡*¡*¡sweet!*!*! That's next on my manga list. (i'm such a sick b*****d )
Big Money 07-08-2004 01:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns
Ah, nothing beats Gay innuendo, Gravitation is like a conversation between Seraphim and I.

*blows whistle* Time out! Flag on the play! Five yard penalty, oversharing!
Wingnut 07-08-2004 02:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
quote:
Originally posted by BishojoSenshiProns

*blows whistle* Time out! Flag on the play! Five yard penalty, oversharing!

No, 15 yard personal foul.
For a story like this the magna is usually a lot batter than the anime version of it. Just to note a trend.
IanC 07-08-2004 03:24 PM
Ive got that same "taster" dvd. Havent had a chance to watch it yet though
Chitter-Box-Kat 04-01-2006 06:42 AM
YO! Big Grin Chitter-Box-cat, present! Big Grin

OMG. I have vol. 1--4 of the manga and I have the entire anime series on DVD including the OVA. Cool If you wnna know something about Gravitation, I could probably supply an answer. Cool

I LOVE THE ANIME. THE MANGA IS BETTER. Big Grin

YAOI IS THE HOTTNESS!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

And Shuichi is the most adorable, loveable, kissable, make-sweet-love-to-able guy with pink hair I have EVER seen in an anime series! Big Grin Yuki doesn't know how lucky he is. Happy

And if it isn't clear enough, I am a Gravitation fan and am prone to sqwee-ing when I see Shuichi, laughing when I see K do something whiht his guns, and sweatdropping when I see Sakano having a fit of anxiety. Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Green_Bird 04-02-2006 08:38 PM
I like gravitation. I don't like shonen-ai/Yaoi....but for gravitation I make an exseption.

quote:
Originally posted by Chitter-Box-Kat
YAOI IS THE HOTTNESS!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Techincly Gravitation is shonen-ai....not Yaoi....Big diffrence....
Chitter-Box-Kat 04-04-2006 09:44 PM
I know the differences between shonen-ai and yaoi. I just picked yaoi because I was on a roll, and I was thinking about all the implied love-making scenes in both the anime and the manga. Embarrassed Sweatdrop

You never do see any real love-making in Gravitation. Shocked You either get the fore-play or the after-play. Oh Well

Chitter-Box-Cat
Chitter-Box-Kat 04-08-2006 09:24 AM
I always wondered about this:

Is Shuchi's hair naturally pink, or does he dye it that way? O.o;

What do you think? o.o

That's the only thing that confused me in the anime. <.<

Chitter-Box-CAt