Favorite Music Videos

Big Money 07-07-2004 01:20 PM
What is/are your favorite music video(s)?

I like 99 Problems by J-Z, any of Micheal Jacksons old ones (Thriller, Beat It), any by the Beastie Boys, Gossip Folks and that crazy one with the robot suits by Missy Elliot.
C.R Foxhound 07-07-2004 01:26 PM
"Smells like Teen Spirit" rules, i wish gym was a giant mosh pit

"Black Hole Sun" those people are waaaaaaaaaay to happy

"Billie Jean"

uhhh, im having a brain cramp, i cant think of any....

edit-"Sober"look at the man with no face stroking the meat going through the pipes, so cute

The NIN video, i forget the name of the song, had a lot of missing frames

The video series by Daft Punk, the anime one, they showed on midnight run a few years back

"From your Mouth" -That kobaiyashi dude, the guy who ate 53 1/2 hot dogs in 12 minutes is in this video
dawnstrider 07-07-2004 01:37 PM
I don't have a working T.V., but I've seen some of the newer ones at my sis' place Smile . Let's see....

"Echo" by Trapt - it was very beautiful and poinant Smile .

"Ocean Avenue" by Yellowcard - very funny Big Grin .

Most of Queen's videos were interesting.

"Roses" by Outkast - see Yellowcard Tongue .

Linkin Park has some wonderful effects in their videos Smile .

"Anthem of our Dying Day" by Story of the Year - ....that was very creepy, but not in an obvious way.

That's all I can think for now, but I'll let post more if it comes to me.
Big Money 07-07-2004 01:46 PM
I love how Andre jumps off the stage in "Roses" ...

Yeah, I don't much care for Linkin Park, but that animated one is cool with all the gears and moving bits in the city.
C.R Foxhound 07-07-2004 01:51 PM
"Do the Evolution" with Pearl Jam is soo pwnzors

"Hunger Strike" is cool too, even though its pretty cut and dry, its nice to see the member of Pearl Jam and Soundgarden together
dominusofdeath 07-07-2004 02:09 PM
Girls on Film by Duran Duran!
noTomato 07-07-2004 02:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by C.R Foxhound
"Black Hole Sun" those people are waaaaaaaaaay to happy

The NIN video, i forget the name of the song, had a lot of missing frames

yes, Black Hole Sun! and that NIN one, would that be the one with the pigs head? "...I wanna f*** you like an animal..." that one freaks me out still.

Foo Fighters! - Everlong and My Hero were funny as hell, I loved 'em.
angelcakes 07-07-2004 02:20 PM
'Leaves'- Jojo: Girl power on the prowl. Really catchy song too

'Roses'-Outcast: Really funny.

'If I Can't Have You'- Alicia Keys: Gotta love the noir-ish theme in the video.

All that comes to mind at the moment.....it'll come back to me eventually....
Yomiko 07-07-2004 03:09 PM
I feel real "out of it" because the only music videos I've seen are anime ones. Well I once saw Michel Jackson doing "Bellie Jean". Barrin, my brother, has gotten lots of music videos, one of my very,very,very favorite is "The Children Project" done to the Robert Miles song "Children (Dreams version)", it is soo good it fact I'm listening to his CD right now, no really!

Werid Al- Bevery Hillbilys (sp)

Cowboy/Trigun- Tanited Donuts

Blue Monday- How does it feel (the title I'm not too sure on)

Theres lots more but I'm not at home so I can't look and which one I like.
Barrin 07-07-2004 03:49 PM
Blue monday is a music video done by www.aluminumstudios.com and it is superb. Everything fits in just right. I've downloaded most of this guy's videos, and they're all great. You can find these and more great ones at animemusicvideos.org.

For live-action (and otherwise), My favorites come from when MTV had the 100 greatest music videos of all time contest back in 2000. Michael Jackson's "thriller", Madonna's "Vogue", and Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer (done mostly in claymation)" were my favorites.
Surtur 07-07-2004 03:56 PM
I'm drawing a blank on most of the non-recent ones I've seen, but pretty much anything by The Smashing Pumpkins is great. Then I can think of first 2 in C.R.'s first post, ch check it out by The Beastie Boyz, I Believe in a Thing called Love by The Darkness…

I'll probably think of more later.
C.R Foxhound 07-07-2004 04:01 PM
How come no one has said "Take on me"? that was a classic video, with the comic book and stuff

I also thought "Intergalatic" by the Boys Beastie was cool, with the giant monster thing
Tony Waynewrong 07-07-2004 04:02 PM
My favorite music video is "Stand Inside Your Love" by The Smashing Pumpkins.
Ace of Spades 07-07-2004 04:06 PM
Mudvayne's Dig is one of my favorite Music Vids, and I don't even know why.
Lady Tesser 07-07-2004 05:17 PM
Any of Aqua's videos: before they became angsty - their early stuff was just plain FUN! You can tell they had fun making their videos.

Eurythmics and Annie Lennox (solo) videos - I absolutely adored 'Little Bird' from her 'Diva' album - all of her Eurythmics' video characters together on one stage was brilliant.

Queen's videos - cool, dramatic, cute, or sexy, they cover it all. The most beautiful being 'Save Me' with the flowing animation which really suited the song.
AmuroRei 07-07-2004 06:20 PM
That one where Axel Rose jumps off the air craft carrier and swims with the dolphins.
Green_Bird 07-08-2004 12:09 AM
"Black Hole Sun" - Soundgarden
"Closer", "Perfict drug" - NIN
"Heart shaped box" - Nirvana
All Tool and APC videos!
"Boheaman Rapsody" - Queen (If you would even call it a video....it was way before MTV!)
"Do the Evolution" - Pearl Jam
"Learn to fly", "Everlong", (That one that was a parody of the mentos ads) and "my Hero" - foo fighers
"Hunger Strike" - Temple of the dog
"Drive", "warning" and "Meglomaniac" - Incubus
"Wip it" - DEVO
"Otherside", "Califoracation", "Under the Bridge" - RHCP
"Sweet Dreams" - Eurythmics
"November Rain" - Guns n roses
"Dr. Feelgood" - Motly Crue
All KoRn videos!
"Sleeping awake" - P.O.D
"Voodo" - Godsmack
"Take on me" - Ah ha
"Sour girl" - STP
All Metalica videos!
"I stay Away", "Grind", "Man in the box", "Get born again" - Alice in chains

Beleave me....I have a lot more....but if I keep going you'll get bored! If you're not alredy.....
Prons 07-08-2004 01:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
Any of Aqua's videos: before they became angsty - their early stuff was just plain FUN! You can tell they had fun making their videos.

I'm a barbie girl, you can undress me any where.
Pygmalion 07-08-2004 07:30 AM
Anything by They Might Be Giants is weird and rewatchable. I have a great fondness for the Warner version of "Particle Man." "Birdhouse in Your Soul" is another odd one.

Devo's videos were likewise interesting. I saw a parody of "Whip It" on the Simpsons that made me laugh all over again.

"Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" by the Eurhythmics nicely played off the imagry of dreams.

"You Might Think" by The Cars looked like something Terry Gilliam might do.

But my all-time favorite video was the Lego version of "Knights of the Round Table" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. That video was perfect.

Pygmalion
pen1300 07-08-2004 09:13 AM
Let's see. From last summer...what videos... (oh well, this will probably have most recent cause that's what I listen to in the morning Tongue )

Not recent:

"Weapon of Choice" By Fatboy Slim. Christopher Walkin (spelled wrong) dancing all over the hotel, and then putting a "nothing-happened" face on at the end. Awesome.

"Sledgehammer" by...I forget. I Just remember as a five year old, everytime MTV played it I HAD to watch it. Mom has fond memories of me and MTV music videos.

"I want my MTV" by...I forget. AWESOME! Computer graphics were very cool and it was just funny to watch them moving microwaves and the fridges and...all the crazy stuff.

"Sweet Dreams" see above post. Big Grin

A Madonna music video that escapes me. All I remember is that there is a black cat and she plays this factory owner's wife who falls for a worker and it's raining. The last time I saw it I was like, "That is an awesome video."

Recent:

"Float On" by Modest Mouse. What is up with the sheep? The guy at the beginning and end reminds me of Ali Haquiem from Oklahoma! But, its still a very nifty difty video.

"Breaking the Habit" by Linkin Park. I love these guy's videos. I guess I shoul say all.

"Take me out" by Franz Ferdinand. Cool.

Dude...that's all that comes to me at the moment. I know there are more...

Later,
Pen1300