Favorite Music Videos

Inigo Montoya 04-02-2007 06:01 PM
And now my Planeswalker eyes bleed again.
War.
Buck Buck #1 04-02-2007 06:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Buck Buck #1
the Alanis Morissette cover of My Humps. For real.

The fact that such a thing exists horrifies me.

I think you mean is awesome.
Capt. Quekolis 04-04-2007 08:27 PM
Wow I just realized something. Alanis Morissette, really sucks really fanatical feminists annoy me.
Nine Kuze 04-04-2007 10:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
I like 99 Problems by J-Z, any of Micheal Jacksons old ones (Thriller, Beat It), any by the Beastie Boys, Gossip Folks and that crazy one with the robot suits by Missy Elliot.

Screw Missy Elliot but the 99 Problems video is brilliant on many levels. It plays out like a film and the cinematography and use of black and white was striking as well. Also, the editing (Hova walking through the store, him getting capped, the violent dogs, the rabbi) was ingenious in itself. And fun fact, Martin Scorsese directed Michael Jackson's Beat It video.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
Originally posted by Buck Buck #1
the Alanis Morissette cover of My Humps. For real.

The fact that such a thing exists horrifies me.

I played that without the damn sound and it still sucked on many levels. Bad form, Morissette. Bad form.
Peace.
Generalissimo D 04-04-2007 10:33 PM
Souljacker Pt. 1 and...Hey Man (Now You're Really Living)

Both by Eels.
Ace of Spades 04-16-2007 01:35 PM
Lordi - Devil is a Loser

Link to the Music Video on youtube
Devil is a Loser
Generalissimo D 04-16-2007 03:58 PM
Oh, I forgot to edit this into my previous post, but I'll just post it separately.

Weapon of Choice by Fatboy Slim.
Inigo Montoya 04-23-2007 01:38 PM
I like Tenacious D's "F*** Her Gently." And also, Futuristic Sex Robots' "Don't Make Us Kick Your Ass."
War.
Buck Buck #1 05-14-2007 09:36 PM
I have no idea what's going on in this video, but I can't stop watching it.
Big Fau 06-01-2007 11:34 PM
Well, since I'm clearly obsessed with this band, of course I also like their music video, despite how off sync it is due to youtube. Tells a rather provoking, stand-alone story as well.

Yay for 1337th post?
The Question 06-02-2007 05:12 PM
Closer - Nine Inch Nails (Bet you saw that one coming 100 miles away eh?)
For weirdness

In between days - The Cure
Because it's the first music video I can remember
Shadow dorothy 06-18-2007 03:31 PM
amv kingdom hearts 10years wasteland video.
Pie_Junkie 06-18-2007 05:48 PM
"Fashion Zombies" by the Aquabats

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EsqvHreMMbQ
Shady Dark Lady 06-28-2007 07:41 PM
I like Android Lust's Stained video and the F'ed up vid that Ego likeness did for Aviary.
Sharpshooter005 07-02-2007 05:07 AM
The Baker St. Irregular 07-02-2007 06:14 PM
YouTube diving one day turned up some clips from the excellent British sketch comedy show A Bit of Fry and Laurie, starring Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie. Mr. Laurie penned some sweet songs and performed them on the show...

"Mystery"

"America"

Watch this one a while for "Where Is the Lid?"

Not his, but still great...

"Hey Jude", chipmunk style

Thought I'd feature these instead of your standard music video fare.

I also enjoy anything done by the Gorillaz! The first time I saw "Clint Eastwood", I had a brain hemorrhage.
Sharpshooter005 07-04-2007 09:44 PM
quote:
A Bit of Fry and Laurie, starring Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie.

Did Laurie ever do the bit he did on SNL on that? He has an acoustic guitar and starts singing this completely stereotypical "WE NEED TO CHANGE THE WORLD THIS SONG HAS A MESSAGE" number, except then everytime he gets to the huge issue and solution to it that the songs about he just sort of mutters it incoherently.

It amused me anyway.

PS: I still think house is an awful and unbelievably formulaic show and would not watch it unless you paid me an unsightly amount, but I've seen clips of fry and laurie on youtube and hugh laurie is pretty funny...house still sucks though

PPS: Admittedly "think, think about it" has a similar gag where one of them just mutters the issue the songs about so I guess theres a case of parallel thinking going on...that ones funnier though due to the part about the child-slave labor sneakers which leads into "what are your overheads"
Buck Buck #1 07-06-2007 11:24 PM
Big Money 07-07-2007 04:44 PM
Now I need a comp notebook hat.