Favorite Music Videos

Lady Tesser 07-08-2004 09:55 AM
quote:
"Sledgehammer" by...I forget. I Just remember as a five year old, everytime MTV played it I HAD to watch it. Mom has fond memories of me and MTV music videos.

Peter Gabriel. Perverse, twisted, incredible work.

quote:
"I want my MTV" by...I forget. AWESOME! Computer graphics were very cool and it was just funny to watch them moving microwaves and the fridges and...all the crazy stuff.

"Money for Nothin'" by Dire Straits. Cutting edge animation at the time, now video games are better. But it had style!

quote:
A Madonna music video that escapes me. All I remember is that there is a black cat and she plays this factory owner's wife who falls for a worker and it's raining. The last time I saw it I was like, "That is an awesome video."

"Express Yourself". I was twelve or so at the time, hormones awaking, and thinking, 'That dude in the video is HOT.'

What?? I'm an 80's Music otaku. Mistress of Useless Trivia. *slinks off*
Darkside 07-08-2004 10:18 AM
I like all of Linkin Parks videos but my favorite is "Breaking the Habit"
And the System of a Down videos are cool to my favorite is "Aerials"
Nyarlathotep 07-08-2004 12:55 PM
The Beastie Boys have always had good ones, but Sabotage, Intergalactic and Ch-ch-check it out! are the best. Rob Zombie always had flashy videos..hmm...same with Manson and NIN. Primus' videos are all wicked cool too. Southbound Pachyderm is cool, what with all the claymation hunters trying to catch the jet-engine powered claymation elephants. Tommy the Cat because Les looks hilarious as an olde timey bar keep, pouring drinks without even looking at what he's doing, plus as a bonus there's Tom Waits in a cat costume! (At least, I think that's him...)
Big Money 07-08-2004 01:51 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300

"Weapon of Choice" By Fatboy Slim. Christopher Walkin (spelled wrong) dancing all over the hotel, and then putting a "nothing-happened" face on at the end. Awesome.

"Float On" by Modest Mouse. What is up with the sheep? The guy at the beginning and end reminds me of Ali Haquiem from Oklahoma! But, its still a very nifty difty video.

"Breaking the Habit" by Linkin Park. I love these guy's videos. I guess I shoul say all.

"Take me out" by Franz Ferdinand. Cool.

These RAWK. Take me out is just a good song, and Weapon of Choice is great... he flies around after he dances... Yeah. But the actual version of that song is weird... it has this stupid voice modifier on it.
madclarinet 07-08-2004 04:30 PM
Okay - here's my pitch

Money for Nuthing - Dire Straits

The Saga Begins - Weird Al

Go West - Pet Shop Boys

oh and just about any Meatloaf video
Buck Buck #1 07-08-2004 04:38 PM
Any of the Gorrilaz videos, especially Clint Eastwood. That video pwnz
dawnstrider 07-08-2004 05:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by com_bun_bun
Any of the Gorrilaz videos, especially Clint Eastwood. That video pwnz

The truth owns all Smile . I loved the Gorrilaz.

I forgot to mention my favorite group's videos - 311. They range from weird ("Homebrew"), to funny with an island feel ("Come Original"), to normal, but with cool atmoshperic sublties (like their remake of "Love Song").
Big Money 07-08-2004 05:23 PM
Yes, I like Gorrilaz, because they have several songs with Del The Funky Homosapien. He owns... I made a thread about one group he was in, Deltron 3030... but whatever.

This kid at camp claimed that Clint Eastwood was the first Hip-Hop music Video ever... I told him he was dumb. Can someone say Sugarhill Gang?
Volt 07-08-2004 05:27 PM
"Talk Show On Mute" by Incubus. The whole video is hilarious, especially at the beginning when the dog lures the people in the car with the TV, then throws them in when they don't go. And the guitarist's fro. Laughing
"Purple Hills" & "My Band" by D-12. Just funny.
"Thriller" by Michael Jackson.
Benjamin 07-08-2004 05:51 PM
FAVORITE MUSIC VIDEO

Rob Zombie

Dragula

and

LIVING DEAD GIRL
Blue Crow 07-08-2004 05:58 PM
Top Ten Favorite Videos :

• 1. "Just" - Radiohead (Friggin' genius. 3 words sum this one up. Best.Video.Ever.)
  • 2. "Obstacle 1" - Interpol (Great atmosphere. It works perfect. It's also one of my all time favorite songs.)
  • 3. "Karma Police" - Radiohead (Another genius Radiohead video.)
  • 4. "Knives Out" - Radiohead (Seeing a trend here?)
  • 5. "Paranoid Android - Radiohead (Yep.)
  • 6. "Bowl Of Oranges" - Bright Eyes (Very original looking. Great song,too.)
  • 7. "PDA" - Interpol (Interpol makes some very interesting videos. Same with their music.)
  • 8. "Someday" - The Strokes (Cool appearance by another good band - Guided By Voices)
  • 9. "12:51" - The Strokes (Captures the feel of their 'Room On Fire" album.)
  • 10. "The Recluse" - Cursive (Their best video.It looks great.)

Other great videos-

• "NYC" - Interpol
  • "Reptilia" - The Strokes
  • "Some Red Handed Sleight Of Hand" - Cursive
  • "The District Sleeps Alone Tonight" - The Postal Service
  • "There Goes The Fear" - Doves
  • "The Rat" - The Walkmen
  • "The Good Life" - Weezer
  • "Fast As You Can" - Fiona Apple
  • "Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground" - the White Stripes

That's all I can think of now.Pleased

-BC
ebie 07-08-2004 06:51 PM
slipknot Duality wow
Mugiwara Luffy 07-09-2004 12:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
"Float On" by Modest Mouse. What is up with the sheep? The guy at the beginning and end reminds me of Ali Haquiem from Oklahoma! But, its still a very nifty difty video.

I was gonna say this also. I saw it the other night while channel flipping and was intrigued. And the song is stiill stuck in my head.

I don't watch many music videos but I did watch that one time on Toonami where they played "Clint Eastwood" and all those Daft Punk videos. Those were cool.
Nyarlathotep 07-09-2004 12:52 AM
Oh man! I totally forgot about Gorillaz and Franz Ferdinand! Those are both great ones. The Smashing Pumpkins had a lot of good ones too, like Tonight. And Chili Peppers too, the song I forget at the moment, but the one that is like almost like a play and this dude flies off a cliff with giant lips as wings and whatnot. I know somebody knows what I'm talking about here...

Edit: Other Side! That's the one.
Travis Bickle 07-09-2004 07:04 PM
I liked "Lunchbox" from Marilyn Manson, becuase of how freaking awesome it was. Download it and see what I mean

I liked "Do The Evolution" from Pearl Jam because it's probobly the only good song and video that they ever released. It's also animated by Todd McFarlane, and the animation just plain kicks ass.

I liked "Ask DNA" on the Cowboy Bebop movie dvd. Nothing more needs to be said about that.

I liked "Just Because" from Jane's Addiction because Perry Bernstein (yes, his last name is really Bernstein, not Farell) is a God among men.

I liked "Ava Adora" from the Smashing Pumpkins, because it's a great video for a song that was totally overlooked.
Shaoblane 07-09-2004 07:08 PM
I only have one music video, and thatd he Britney Spears toxic vid....lizard will send it
harshfire 07-12-2004 09:38 PM
I like Vindicated by Dashboard COnfessional and Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park
pen1300 07-13-2004 07:43 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tesser
quote:
"Sledgehammer" by...I forget. I Just remember as a five year old, everytime MTV played it I HAD to watch it. Mom has fond memories of me and MTV music videos.

Peter Gabriel. Perverse, twisted, incredible work.

quote:
"I want my MTV" by...I forget. AWESOME! Computer graphics were very cool and it was just funny to watch them moving microwaves and the fridges and...all the crazy stuff.

"Money for Nothin'" by Dire Straits. Cutting edge animation at the time, now video games are better. But it had style!

quote:
A Madonna music video that escapes me. All I remember is that there is a black cat and she plays this factory owner's wife who falls for a worker and it's raining. The last time I saw it I was like, "That is an awesome video."

"Express Yourself". I was twelve or so at the time, hormones awaking, and thinking, 'That dude in the video is HOT.'

What?? I'm an 80's Music otaku. Mistress of Useless Trivia. *slinks off*

Thank you very much, Mistress of Useless Trivia! (Usally I know this stuff but I don't know why I didn't at the time.

Some people mentioned that I seemed to over look:
Any by Gorillaz: AWESOME AWESOME! Aren't their concerts animated too? You really don't see the men behind the group?

"I would do anything for love (but I won't do that) by MeatLoaf: FWEEEEE! I remember watching this as a little kid and he was doing a beauty and the beast theme. None the less, that is an awesome album and blasting it as I drive to work is SO fun! (That song takes my whole trip to work to play out fully. Big Grin )

"Its all coming back to me(?)" by Celine Dion. Lovely lovely. Love the part when she opens the doors and her coat-thing billows in the wind. Very visually cool!

"This Love" by Maroon 5. I like it. Nicely done. Big Grin

I love music vidoes. Tongue (and good music!)

Later,
Pen1300
Redd 08-24-2004 07:18 PM
~resurrects thread~

I decided to add my favorites here!

"In the Shadows" by the Rasmus (you can find the video on this website. Not many people have heard of the Rasmus, but they're cool! The video is really fun... like when the girl gets pulled into the mirror. Tongue )

and

"All The Things She Said" by t.A.T.u
Yes, I'm very strange, but that video rocks. it's kind of sad in a way, all those people staring. (I think you can find the video at tatugirls.com)
NightRanger 08-24-2004 07:31 PM
"Sentimental Street" by Night Ranger
"Blame It On The Radio" by John Parr
"Iron Mic" by Sugar Ray
"Sinnerman" by Extra Fancy
"Take Cover" by Mr. Big
"P.I.M.P." by 50 Cent Cool
"Right Thurr" by Chingy
"Holidae Inn" by Chingy featuring Ludacris and Snoop Dogg
"Dancing On The Ceiling" by Lionel Richie
"Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" by U2
"Even Better Than The Real Thing" by U2