[Question] unused nicks

Dingo 06-30-2004 12:32 AM
I have a question thats probably been asked a million times but, are unused nicks deleted after a while? This is something id really like to know.
Krang 06-30-2004 12:43 AM
Yes, accounts that have 0 posts and have not been used for over 3 months (based on the Last Active date, not the Registration Date) are occasionally deleted by Stryder and I.
Seraphim 06-30-2004 12:56 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Yes, accounts that have 0 posts and have not been used for over 3 months (based on the Last Active date, not the Registration Date) are occasionally deleted by Stryder and I.

Stryder? Isn't he just a mod and not an Admin? Confused
Krang 06-30-2004 01:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim

Yes, but he helps out by PMing me the list of unused accounts. I'm the one who does the actual deleting.
Seraphim 06-30-2004 01:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:

Yes, but he helps out by PMing me the list of unused accounts. I'm the one who does the actual deleting.

Oh, very good. So the names of the deleted accounts are up for grabs, yes?
Dingo 06-30-2004 01:23 AM
Heh. Im only asking cause theirs a nick i wanna change my nick to that hasnt been used since January.

Edit: then again, that nick has 220 posts.
Krang 06-30-2004 03:04 AM
quote:
Oh, very good. So the names of the deleted accounts are up for grabs, yes?

Yes, they are. Just keep in mind that multiple accounts aren't allowed, though, so new names are only useful to new users or to people who are eligible for a name change.

quote:
Originally posted by Vordok
Heh. Im only asking cause theirs a nick i wanna change my nick to that hasnt been used since January.

Edit: then again, that nick has 220 posts.

Sorry, but if the user has at least one post, the account won't be deleted.