All about Music

Sir Nise 06-26-2005 09:12 PM
I think I'm the only hip-hop head on these forums. I think other than Big Money and Com bun bun, i'm the only one who knows who anyone from the hieroglyphics crew is. Or SunNY, Talib Kweli, or Dipset, or anymore underground artists. It's ok though, I respect other's prefernces of music.

I'm sure we all love lil' Bow Wow and Gary Coleman though.

I just hate country....and Kenny G. Mad
Collateral 06-26-2005 09:28 PM
I pretty much like everything!
David Ryder 07-05-2005 01:12 AM
Easy, Metal/Death Metal all the way, with Punk,Ska, Video Game Music, Jpop/Jrock thrown in for good measures.. Stuff like that.

I'm picky about Rap...most if just random garbage, but old school rap is great.

Techno....hmmm not a fan of it, every techno song I hear sounds the same, yawn. =/ Techno/metal fusion is great though.
088nd 07-05-2005 10:26 AM
The music I like is fusion of different genres, so I can't choose really.
Travis Bickle 07-05-2005 01:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Techno/metal fusion is great though.

It's called Industrial (or industrial metal), my friend, and it kicks ass.
Nine Kuze 10-24-2005 01:04 PM
Personally, I'm a hip-hop man myself but I can and like to listen to everything because I can't just stay in one mainframe of music and not listen and learn from everything else.

Anyway, I usually listen to hip-hop, R&B, jazz, rock, and classical. Techno's okay to a certain degree and even though everybody has jumped on the country bandwagon certainly, that's something I can't (won't) do. Sorry, but I just can't stand country.
Peace.
Hanyou 11-27-2005 01:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVIAnyway, I usually listen to hip-hop, R&B, jazz, rock, and classical. Techno's okay to a certain degree and even though everybody has jumped on the country bandwagon certainly, that's something I can't (won't) do. Sorry, but I just can't stand country.
Peace.

Judging by the poll, very few people have "jumped on the country bandwagon."

I love country, but I like TRUE country, not the modern trash they've been throwing out these days. I consider Kenny Rogers, for example, one of the greats, as well as Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash.

My point: don't judge country by the crap you hear on the radio. TRUE country is actually closer in form to American folk (which hosts such greats as Bob Dylan and Paul Simon) than you may think.

It's not really about sexy tractors.

That said, classical's my favorite, but country's not necessarily bad.
Sharpshooter005 11-27-2005 06:40 PM
quote:
I love country, but I like TRUE country, not the modern trash they've been throwing out these days

Honestly. I LOATHE country music, but he's correct. The older stuff does have some good stuff in it. It is also technically closer to folk music in alot of cases.

Johnny Cash and that guy in the hat who just put out the cd set (that they advertise constantly on t.v. now...or did for two days) aren't really in the same league as far as I'm concerned.

That having been said, I voted for classical. Then again if I had my way, rap would be right down there with country as having zero votes.
Travis Bickle 11-27-2005 06:50 PM
If there were to be a giant music war, and we had concentration camps for Country music stars, the only one I would probably spare/send to the Josef Mengele-like person for "experimentation" would be Cowboy Troy.
Generalissimo D 12-05-2005 10:42 PM
Lulz.

Do Beatles count as classical yet?
Heavy Metal Instro 01-31-2007 03:31 PM
Hard Rock is the best. Metal is its' cool brother.
Capt. Quekolis 02-09-2007 11:06 AM
yeah