All about Music

Asirt 06-25-2004 09:22 PM
quote:
anyone in a group or thinking about entering the music scene?

I am not in a group, but sometimes I tend to make my own music when I get bored. Sometimes, the idea gets in my head so well that it becomes a complete song. I have played some of my songs at school, and the students and teachers are quite pleased. Currently, I am in the process of creating fan made versions of the various tunes in AIR. I may post them here in PCF someday.
Green_Bird 06-25-2004 09:48 PM
I like rock.....Classic rock, Metal, Alt. Rock, Grunge

I have to many favrite bands to list but here's some of them....

Metallica, Tool, Lacuna Coil, A Perfict Circle, Jimmi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, The Doors, Inucbus, Powerman 5000, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Lynard Skynard, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Nickleback, Filter, Nine Inch Nails, KoRn, Linkin Park, Rage Agenst the Machine, Rob Zombie/White Zombie, Led Zeplin, Queen, Godsmack, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osborne, Alice Cooper, The Who, The Eagles, Greatful Dead, Clutch, Guns n' Roses, Red Hot Chilli peppers, Offspring, The Beattles, ZZ top, Mott the Hoople, Warren Zevon, Foo Fighters, Buffalo Springfield, Crosby, Stills (&) Nash/& young, Neal Young, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Seven Dust, Systems of a down, Audioslave, STP, Velvet Revolver, Days of the new, Our lady Peace, Pearl Jam, Temple of the Dog, Iron Maden, Dio, Ranbow, candle box, Bush, Oliander, The Byrds, Radiohead, beastie boys, Fletwood Mac, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, The wallflowers, REM.....

I may have listed some bands that people never heard of....that may be because that's what my parents played ever since I was little, so I grown to like them....others, I just found on my own...or my dad plays them alot.....I also like some of the blues-y bands my dad plays, that are along the lines of ZZ top.....

I also like the music from Cowboy bebop and Wolf's rain, I don't know if that counts.....

And yes...I hate MTV....PLAY MORE ROCK YOU STUPID CHANNEL!!!!! That feels good to get that out Big Grin .....
Ace of Spades 06-25-2004 11:29 PM
I listen to a variety of Music. I've been listening to Metal as of late, But that doesn't mean I don't whip out a good ol' Fleetwood Mac song once in a while. Technically If I like it, I listen to it.
ROnin 07-24-2004 12:30 PM
Personally im really into trance music, my bro got me into back in old 99 and I havent stopped listening to it yet. I also like some rap like OUtkast and Bone Thugs, while also listening to a little Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Sublime on the side.

Post your favorite music and why you like it.

damn its almost 2 and that means work Crying
Patsai 07-24-2004 12:56 PM
I listen to just about everything, but I despise country and heavy metal.
Seraphim 07-24-2004 12:57 PM
I like Classic Rock primarily. And lots of J-Pop. And posts which are put in the correct forum...
Asirt 07-24-2004 01:49 PM
There is already a thread on this topic:
All About Music
NightRanger 07-24-2004 02:18 PM
Soft rock
80s rock
70s rock
Corporate rock
Arena rock
Some 80s pop
Hip hop
R&B
Prons 07-25-2004 05:52 PM
METAL!
Benjamin 07-25-2004 06:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
I CAN't CHOOSE.

I think I like somthing from at least everyone of those categories.

I can listen to clasical music right before I listen to some heavy metal.

I can

HEAVY METAL will outmatch classical Anyday, except on those rainy days you spend laying on a couch next to your lover.

~Benjamin~
ebie 07-27-2004 10:15 AM
Give me any type of rock and I'm a happy cheerleader!!
~~whatever~~
Big Kill 08-26-2004 07:57 PM
How is one supposed too choose from such a small selection. I think I like more of a punk rock/ska/emo kinda thing though. Kinda weird huh?
BethMcBeth 08-26-2004 08:36 PM
WEll I like some electiric and techno but I practiacally isten to everything excpet, hard core rap, country or religion stuff..
Exhale Saga 09-05-2004 05:14 PM
I'm into heavy metal. And by that I don't mean the mainstream, screaming stuff. I'm talking about classical metal! Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Dream Theater, and so on...

Some of the new stuff is okay, too. Arcturus is a good black metal band that started in the late 90's. They don't scream at all. They have alot of orchestreal elements, too.

See ya,
Exheale Saga
Neko 09-06-2004 04:11 PM
Whoa, someone who likes DT. I'm a rabid DT fan. :B

Anyway, my absolute favorite genres of music are classical, jazz, and progressive rock/metal. I love mixes of any of those catagories (a little jazz-rock fusion, some symphonic metal, etc). Then some other types of music I like are industrial and various other forms of rock and metal.
Hanyou 09-23-2004 11:01 AM
Classical.

In spite of the fact that I listen to punk rock more than anything else, classical must take the gold. In my opinion, there lies true musical merit.

Schubert, Mozart, and Vivaldi pwn j00!!!111!!!1oneplustwentysixequalspot

Be aware that I also DO like some soft rock as well, and jazz, and pretty much anything outside the realm of rap (is that "music," really?).
Asirt 09-23-2004 11:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hanyou
Classical.

In spite of the fact that I listen to punk rock more than anything else, classical must take the gold. In my opinion, there lies true musical merit.

Schubert, Mozart, and Vivaldi pwn j00!!!111!!!1oneplustwentysixequalspot

Be aware that I also DO like some soft rock as well, and jazz, and pretty much anything outside the realm of rap (is that "music," really?).

Well, Mozart is pretty good. I perfer Chopin, though. Some genres are better than other, others are not as good. Jazz is pretty nice. Rap is considered "music", because even though it's not singing, it's sometime poetic, and is in rhythm as well.
AndroidZeroX 10-19-2004 05:07 PM
metal all the way baby!!!
dawnstrider 10-26-2004 04:29 PM
Jo Smile . Okay...I'm not sure how the introduction of this post shall go. Juat.....that it's about rap. Now, I've said that country and pop are the only two forms I generally don't like, and even though I generally carry low opinion of commercial hip hop, I really do like "good" rap, whatever that could mean - after rock and jazz, it's my favorite form of music. I just notice the general bad opinion about rap, and when one looks at the mainstream, it's easy to understand. Of course, some of it is also cultural differences as well Smile .

Either case, I'm just sharing a list of several artists - some still around, others not - that I particularly enjoy, and they come from a wide variety of genera in rap (bet you didn't even know "rap genera" existed Tongue ): Alternative, political, urban, the ill-defined "Golden Age", etc. I hope that perhaps this will present the thesis that rap is more than just Hot boys and "bling-bling!!!!!" Tongue Smile .

-Spearhead: these guys are great Smile They have a good balance of political and regular beats. "Do Ya Love" can be interpreted on a number of ways Big Grin .

-Jungle Brothers: Don't....look so much for super-deep or political consciousness here Tongue Big Grin . But these guys are a lot of fun, and they incorporate a lot of alternative souds, some Carribean, and a mix of others Smile . Though some of the lyrics of their more obscure raps are quite eye opening.

-The Pharcyde: These guys...*shakes head* I't's really hard to peg them. Sometimes they are so funny....then, they drop something using the devil as a metaphor for...something, haven't quite figured it out yet. Either way, they may sometimes offend you, sometimes make you laugh....but they always surprise you Smile

-Digable Planets: They might be familiar to a few of you Smile . They were one of the most innovative members of the jazz-rap movement of the early 90s.

Those are mostly unknown. The following, however, are not:

-Arrested Development: "Tennessee". That's all I have to say. Their soothing and positive sounds were a breathe of fresh air Smile .

-A Tribe Called Quest: Without a doubt, one of the most intellectual and cerebral rap gorups of the 90's - and one of my favorite groups, as well Smile ). They dealt with a number of social issues - date rape, the use of the word "n***a", and many others - in a calm, jazz-blend style that reminded me of De La Soul Smile .

-Busta Rhymes: I'm sure he's probably the most familiar on this list Big Grin . His aggressive, ragga-style lyrics contain a lot of humor, inventivness, and a surprising degree of complexity....ah, hell, just remember that he's funny and idiosyncratic Tongue Smile .

And now, for the surprising latecomer:

-Eminem:....Surprising, huh? Okay.....I will say this. I like a lot of his earlier works; he had(has?) a very brutal, mean-spirited edge to him, and he was disturbing without even being overtly violent Smile . All of that was accentuated by his high-nasal style. I'm just thankful that he was one of the few hardcore rappers that didn't fall into the "gangsta trap". I'm not so sure as to my opinion of him now, though....

As you can tell, I fall mostly into the "old school" crowd; with the exception of a few listed here, I mostly stopped listening to the "mainstream" after Tupac's death - and completly after Bone Thugs became a little...., well, not to my standard, is the fair thing to say, I suppose, and then broke up.

However, there is a lot to this world, and a lot of good to mine Smile . These are just the tips of the 'berg - the more accessible ones - and there are plenty more I could pull out....maybe in the Song quotes thread Smile . Hope this puts a new light on the music genre Big Grin

Peace Cool .

Edit: ...I just realized for the first time that I forgot to put "rap" in the poll. Sweatdrop ............
Editx2: Forgot to mention Eminem Smile . Added him in...
dancinggummi88 06-15-2005 11:58 AM
i like all kinds of music... i just cant stand country and classical, and jazz

almost everything revolves around music..... so why would you hate such a thing? i think not! Wink