Recent Anime Purchases

Schwarzwald_X 08-18-2004 01:18 PM
I just bought Big O II volumes 2 and 3- I only need # 4 now!!!!!!!!!!
Travis Bickle 08-18-2004 01:39 PM
I just bought a Cowboy Bebop Wallscroll. I'm bringing it to college, but want to get to know my roommate better before I hang it up.
M.S. Feather 08-18-2004 09:56 PM
This week I picked up the Lupin III Vol. Six DVD (I was gonna go insane if I had to watch the reruns on AS play through again. -_-')
And another volume of the manga. Seven down seven to go...until they release the second series in September anyway. *twitch*
Sephiroth 08-18-2004 10:12 PM
The Excel Saga Imperfect Collection! I finally got to see that show, and now I must say, I LOVE IT!
Mike 08-28-2004 02:44 PM
Today I got Vol. 1 of the Gundam SEED DVDs. w00t!
They did have a spot for GitS: Stand Alone but there weren't any there. Is it out yet?
BethMcBeth 08-28-2004 02:58 PM
I just bought the Pet Shop of Horros vol 7 managa but I think8s out now too.
IanC 08-28-2004 03:40 PM
Recent anime purchases!
Grave of the Fireflies
AzuManga Doah vol 1
Burn Up Excess vol 4 (thanks to a sale!)
Colorful (thanks to a sale!)
Gunsmith Cats (thanks to a.... get the idea?)
Boogiepop Phantom vol 1

phew, and thats just last week Smile
NukuNuko77 08-28-2004 03:48 PM
Big O box set (i may be yelled at by verious members of this board for not buying this sooner)
Case Closed vol. 1 & 2
[Nataku] 08-28-2004 11:24 PM
My Anime DVD List

THE 08TH MS TEAM
-Vol. 2
-Vol. 3
-Vol. 4

GUNDAM 0083
-Vol. 1
-Hong Kong R1 2 disc bootleg

GUNDAM WING
-Endless Waltz Special Edition

GUNDAM SEED
-Vol. 1 Limited Edition w/box and CD

THE BIG O
-Vol. 1
-Vol. 2
-Vol. 3
-Vol. 4
All in the Collector's Box.

THE BIG O SEASON 2
-Still waiting for Vol. 1-4 to arrive in the mail

DRAGON BALL Z
-Movie #8: Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan
-Movie #9: Bojack Unbound (still waiting to arrive in the mail along with big o season 2)

This is a nicer version of this list on my website
http://www.freewebs.com/eanetdude/dvdlist.htm

WAITING TO PREORDER
-U.C. Gundam Movie Pack (MSG Movies I, II, and III; 08th MS Team: Miller's Report; Char's Counterattack)
-Gundam F91 The Movie
-Zeta Gundam Boxset

Other DVDs

FAMILY GUY
-Box Set Vol. 1 (seasons 1 & 2)

UNDERCOVER BROTHER

NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE

KUNG POW! ENTER THE FIST

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY

SPACE BALLS!

SOUTH PARK: THE MOVIE
aeternus_flammus 08-29-2004 09:06 PM
I finally bought The Big O: Complete Collection, and am looking foward to buying the second season complete collection in November.
jonnycooj 08-30-2004 04:48 PM
New stuff:
Macross TV series. (9 disk w/ the cleaned up film and original Japanese language track) I’m up to disk 5 and it’s so good!
One Piece Manga Vol. 1-4—a little bit kiddy at times but I can’t put it down so I’m not complaining!
Grave of Fireflies and Miami Guns vol. 2 too busy haven’t watched yet!

On order:
Wings of Honneamise—first GainaX film (19.99 at overstock.com)
animefan22 08-30-2004 08:46 PM
I just bought the Rahxephon movie, which I've been waiting for what seems like forever for! At least since I finished watching the series, which was a while ago, maybe about a year. The series was awesome, definitely one of the best I've seen, and hopefully the movie can live up to it.
Dork 08-30-2004 11:14 PM
Recently (as in the last month) I've bought-

DVD
-Evangelion vol 1-8 -through amazon.com online sellers
-Evangelion Death and Rebirth -haven't watched yet
-Evangelion End of Evangelion -haven't watched yet
-Evangelion Platinum vol. 1

Manga
-Evangelion volumes 1-5 and 8 (having trouble locating the others)
-Mermaid Princess by Mizuno Junko- in color! I liked this one, the author does some stuff story and dialouge wise that annoys me but the story's cute and wholesome in a demented 'not for kiddies' sort of way

Misc.
-Grimrock Rei and Asuka figures- cost me $30 but they were so worth it, the detail and quality of these figures is incredible. They put my Koji and Musa figures to so much shame I can't even stand them next to the Grimrock figures.

None-Anime
-Wicked: The life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Book) by Gregory Maguire -Sooo overshadows all that other stuff I listed. It rocks my socks, the Casbah, and the shutters on my windows. It's not some cheap page turner, it's not that you can't wait to see what happens next, you just want to see where the characters are going and (perhaps even more so) spend time with them. It's actually an enjoyable book to read. Maguire's prose is enchanting. It new and fresh but has this air of qaintness about it. ::hugs book::
-Wicked Original Cast Soundscore (CD)- Yeah! ^_^ They made a musical out of Wicked (which seems wicked disappointing from what I've read of it, I mean, the book's epic, but I bought the CD anyway). Wicked the musical is playing on Broadway ^_^ yay!
-Wizard of Oz (DVD)- although after reading Wicked (I still have 100 pages to go) this movie will never be the same to me again. I can't bring myself to watch the scene where Dorothy drenches the Witch, I keep crying out 'Elphaba!'
-Return to Oz (DVD)- Very very good movie (well, for a kids movie), based on the Oz books and not the 1949 movie though. I love Return to Oz's version of Oz. It's all dark and a bit more real. You know how creepy the claymation special effects were in the 80s? Return to Oz watched a bit like a kids horror movie. It's creepy.

And as soon as I can find the right copy I'm going to get the book Wizard of Oz as well, it differs greatly from the 1949 movie. Although, oddly enough, Maguire seems to have based Wicked more on the movie than on the book.

muchlove
-dork
snapdragon 08-31-2004 03:16 AM
quote:

Originally posted by Dork
-Wicked: The life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Book) by Gregory Maguire -Sooo overshadows all that other stuff I listed. It rocks my socks, the Casbah, and the shutters on my windows.

awww it sounds cool.. me wants ! ^^;;

kof kof as for me i bought in the last month :

- darkside blues (DVD) : it said it was done by people who worked on Cybercity oedo 808 and Vampire hunter D bloodlust but it wasnt as good as those animes, i was a little bit disappointed U___U

- 20th century boys vol 1 and 2 (manga) : man this is soooo awesome, the plot is just soo deep, its only the beginning but i have the feeling its gonna be in my fav top 3 ^_^
IanC 08-31-2004 10:19 AM
quote:
Misc.
-Grimrock Rei and Asuka figures- cost me $30 but they were so worth it, the detail and quality of these figures is incredible. They put my Koji and Musa figures to so much shame I can't even stand them next to the Grimrock figures.

They do look great, im still not sure if i should get them or not
noTomato 08-31-2004 12:30 PM
Rurouni Kenshin vol.1! from walmart! it was only $13!!!
Dork 08-31-2004 02:04 PM
quote:
Originally posted by snapdragon
quote:

-Wicked: The life and times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Book) by Gregory Maguire -Sooo overshadows all that other stuff I listed. It rocks my socks, the Casbah, and the shutters on my windows.

awww it sounds cool.. me wants ! ^^;;

It's a really good book, and it's only 10.50 over at amazon ^_^;;

-----------------
My 'End of Evangelion' DVD arrived today. ::sigh:: Now, all I have to do is sit back and wait for my volume 8 DVD to arrive so I can finish the series. ::sets up camp in front of the mail slot with a fridge pack of Mr. Pibb::

muchlove
-dork
M.S. Feather 09-02-2004 11:01 PM
Ahaha! I got Worlds Most Wanted Vol. 1 today! It was splendiferous! Big Grin
I noticed they put the parental advisory: explicit content logo on the cover. Wonder if they'll be doing that for the rest of the series?
Dork 09-02-2004 11:37 PM
Today I bought Wolf's Rain vol 2. I'm greatly enjoying the Darcia-heavy episode I missed ^_^ and Azumanga Daioh 4.

I'm thinking I bought something else either yesterday or the day before but I'm having trouble remembering. It doesn't seem right that I bought something though. I can't remember going anywhere. Odd.

Anywho, I think I've finally managed to curb my rabid buying. Thank god. And I think I may have gotten a job today Big Grin The next thing I'll be buying is Evangelion platinum vol 2 unless I find a first edition copy of Wicked from the used bookstore before then Big Grin

I wish I could draw Frown I've only been able to find one fanart of Elphaba. ::sigh::

muchlove
-dork
IanC 09-03-2004 09:32 AM
It was a manga day today:
Tsubusa vol 2
Rhapsody

Anime from earlier in the week:
Fruits Basket vol 3
Tenchi Muyo! OVAs vol 3 (its over... till OVA 3 comes out anyway Big Grin )