Recent Anime Purchases

Asirt 08-03-2004 12:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Avenir
quote:
Originally posted by jonnycooj
quote:
Originally posted by Avenir
Yesterday (8/1/04), I picked up Last Exile volume five: Grand Stream at Best Buy. Now I'm ahead of several people on the series. Big Grin

Damn, they got that volume 5 out early, it’s supposed to come out on the tenth.

I know, the online anime store I usually buy DVD's from said they wouldn't get it until the tenth too. Oh well, guess I'll spread some jealousy while I can. Big Grin

Darn it. I'm only on Vol. 3 so far, but at least I'm getting there. I heard it gets better in the later episodes, so....

Yeah, I also heard Aug. 10 as well.
Dork 08-03-2004 12:56 AM
I bought the first two volumes of Evangelion, the old old versions. I can get them from amazon.com on line sellers for less than 7 bucks a piece. I want to watch Evangelion but as of yet I'm not a big fan of it.

And I recently got the last volume of Haibane Renmei, haven't watched it yet though. Volume 3 was incredible, esspecially that second episode. Wow.

I'm not going to be able to watch anymore anime out of the blue for a while now. I bought Paradise Kiss (all five volumes) last week and I've got the Babylon 5 complete movie collection to get on the 17th of the month. And there's no way I'm going to survive that one for less than 55 bucks. ::sigh:: well, at least it'll packed to the gills with audio commentaries. That's always nice.

I wish Big O came with some audio commentaries. If Bandai released season one of Big O remastered and with audio commentaries, I'd buy it.

muchlove
-dork
jonnycooj 08-03-2004 02:12 AM
About Exile Vol 5: LOL yeah go ahead gloat, I wish I had it.

About Exile Vol 3: is that the one with the auction ep? That’s my favorite so far.

About Renme: So good isn’t it, it ends well too.

About Eva: I think if you keep watching you will like or at least appreciate it for some of its originality.

About Big O vol 4: I tried to order it and it was out of stock at deep discount DVD—good sign for those pressing for more Big O.

And that’s About it...
StevieV019 08-03-2004 08:39 AM
There is a rather old and dated thread that was created by Shredder that exists. Hasnt been posted on in awhile, maybe the mods can combine the two or something...here it is:

http://www.paradigm-city.com/forums/thre...ecent+Purchases

I recently purchased Big O Season II Volume 4, and thats been it on the anime side of things...

[Edit: Thanks, threads merged. --Krang]
Pie_Junkie 08-03-2004 09:35 AM
I bought the 1st Cutei Honey DVD the ohter day. must buy the rest. Big Grin
M.S. Feather 08-03-2004 10:39 AM
The Infinite Ryvius Limited Edition Box Set. It's a pretty good show but I'd have to say the music its strongest point. I wish they had put an OST in the set. Frown
Asirt 08-03-2004 12:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by jonnycooj

About Exile Vol 3: is that the one with the auction ep? That’s my favorite so far.

Why, yes, it is. I like that episode as well.
Schwarzwald_X 08-03-2004 01:53 PM
Well- Just yesturday I bought "Blue Submarine No.6 Special Edition" It's the whole series in this really cool box. Got it at Media Play for only 27.95- you people should check it out- it rocks!

Also, I bought Gundam Wing Endless Waltz- Special Edition a while back. Not too bad.

A few weeks back I bought the Big O season one complete collection... ahhhh... the sweetness.

I also bought Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust a while back.
Darkside 08-03-2004 02:08 PM
Beast Wars: Complete second season dvd set, I love it.
Redd 08-03-2004 07:22 PM
Today I found Big O II volume one today at Target... so I got it. Gosh, I'm so behind... How many Big O II DVD's are out now? 2 or 3? Dead
Pygmalion 08-03-2004 07:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Redd
Today I found Big O II volume one today at Target... so I got it. Gosh, I'm so behind... How many Big O II DVD's are out now? 2 or 3? Dead

The fourth and last came out last week.

Pygmalion
Zopwx2 08-03-2004 10:33 PM
A few days ago I went to best buy slapped down a C-note and picked up all 4 season 2 DVD's in one fell swoop.
jonnycooj 08-04-2004 08:08 PM
hahah—I got my homestead refund today from the state of NJ because I’m a renter. I immediately ordered Big O II vol. 4, Miami Guns vol. 2, and Last Exile vol. 5 from best buy, they were very cheap because of the sale.
BigPrime 08-06-2004 11:18 AM
My recent purchases:

Last week: Akira. Fifteen bucks at WalMart.

This week: Gundam SEED box, Wolf's Rain box, Witch Hunter Robin vol. 2, Big O 2 Vol. 4. Smile I love Best Buy. This haul came in at less than $100.
BethMcBeth 08-06-2004 12:24 PM
I just recently bought Nadia secert of Blue Water entire first season, and oh Saiyuki manga vol 1.

I enjoyed Nadia the stirys cute and I love the time sra that it trys to take place in. I also have a soft spot for the villians too!! ^_~"

The managa I am saying to read for my plane flight home on the 10th I 'll tell how that goes later. ^_~""
Schoolie 08-06-2004 07:22 PM
I just moved to a new town and visited their local comic book shop. They rent a lot of anime DVD's & videos.

Also, MUCH to my joy - they were beginning a clearance sale of extra/old anime videos and DVD's for ONLY $1 each!!!!!!! Shocked Big Grin Shocked Big Grin Pleased

So I shelled out 30 bucks. Here's what I got:

-Patlabor Movies 1 & 2 (videotape)

-Inu-Yasha DVD's - 13 of them(!) - containing episodes 1-thirty something and some in the forties.

-Kiki's Delivery Service movie (video)

-Blue Submarine videos 1-4 (complete)

-Record of Lodoss War videos 1-6 (complete)

-A.D. Police videos 1 & 2

-Heat Guy J DVD 1

-Yukikaze DVD 1

Most of them were videos, but for a buck a piece, they were nice bargains! I hope to watch them sometime in the next year or two!

(Oh yeah: And I also bought the newest Last Exile DVD - #5 - yay!!!!)
Avenir 08-07-2004 02:45 PM
Although it was almost two weeks ago, I purchased a Yamato Macross VF-19A Excalibur toy off eBay.
    IanC 08-07-2004 03:27 PM
    Last anime to arrive was
    The first 2 Sailor Moon movies (R and S)
    Cowboy Bebop Best sessions
    Anime Test Drive Revolutionary Girl Utena (first 2 episodes for cheap)
    All R1.

Amazon.co.uk just dispatched my preorder for the BubbleGum Crisis box set Big Grin Cant wait for it!! (UK dvd box set that is), heres what the box looks like: http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00...02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg Only 1000 are been made!!
    Avenir 08-18-2004 02:30 AM
    Just picked up the limited edition Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DVD volume one collector's box, which included a soundtrack.
    BigPrime 08-18-2004 08:16 AM
    This week's haul wasn't much of one for me. Just the Chobits manga, vol. 5.