Yukikaze ...Volume 2???

Paradigm Dog 06-22-2004 12:55 AM
I saw the first volume of this anime mini-series/OVA by GONZO, (released by Bandai) about 3 months ago or so. I expected an announcement for Volume 2 by now, but haven't seen any. Are they gonna release anymore of these in the US soon? It wasn't as good as I hoped it would be (wasn't like a Macross Plus--mainly because Yukikaze has too much CG in it)...but it was still ok enough and better than most stuf coming out.
Zaku 03-15-2006 05:28 PM
Volume 2 was released this January in the US. It's pretty good, but Volume 3 (probably coming out in August) will be the best. It'll only be one episode, but I've heard it's a massive air battle .
David Ryder 03-15-2006 07:00 PM
Yukikaze is good and yeah Bandai has been extreamly slow with the release. and oh yeah "OMFG NOOO! CG, why god why?!" ugh.
Asirt 03-15-2006 07:06 PM
I remember seeing Sentou Yousei Yukikaze on Adult Swim On Demand a while ago, and I thought it was pretty neat. I usually enjoy shows created by GONZO; they've yet to fail me with a bad animated series, in my opinion. I was a bit surprised that only one volume came out in the US during that time. It's good to hear that the second has come out.
Schoolie 03-15-2006 07:24 PM
Yeah I actually bought Vol. 1 in Summer 2004. For some reason, there was a HUGE lag of time for the second DVD. I'm glad to hear it's finally out. I'll have to check it out.

The show's kinda interesting - Top Gun vs. aliens feel. There's some backstory about the characters and some mysteries about the enemies. I actually don't remember much of it right now, it's been so long.

The tone is fairly subdued - like the hero in Blue Submarine No. 6. That's the closest GONZO produced show I could relate Yukikaze to.