[Question] Okay, I think somethings wrong with the forums

evanASF27 06-20-2004 04:25 PM
individual docs or like say all of [so and so]'s PMs in one big doc file?
pen1300 06-20-2004 04:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by PaladinAlexanderAnderson
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
Also, not everyone is interested in getting a PM when their posts are deleted. Plus, some people may have a full PM box like Evan (I thought of you earlier when this started, Evan, why not save some of them to your harddrive or disk? OH! and clean out your Message Traking box. You don't have to keep those if you did that.)

THE TRACKING BOX O_o I forgot!! Thank you! ^^;;;
Hmm...I suppose I could save them in .doc filles...but...umm...O_o;; I have over 100 PMs I need to save o.o;;;

hmm...thanks Pen! ^_^;

I do it once a month. I save all my PMs to word documents just in case.

I was about to say also, you can save them as .txt (text) documents too. They are next to nothing in file size and you can read them in any version of word (in case you switch computers or there comes to be a new version of word). Of course... .doc works to.

quote:
Originally posted by GK Version 1
Well, Pen may not but I have been known to. Tongue

OH! I forgot about you. But you don't hurt anyone *that* badly. Wink (LOL).

quote:
Originally posted by MINION
If I wake up tommrow morning And My posts are missing, I will Pm every moderator for everywhere I posted.

I think that'll work for everyone. Smile

quote:
hmm...thanks Pen! ^_^;

You're welcome Evan. Big Grin

EDIT: You posted before me!
quote:

I would save them as individual docs, but then, I'd save them to disk and have different folders for like Admins, Mods, members, and probably save them the same way I save e-mails: with sender as the file name or subject heading...Make a sysetem that works for you. Big Grin

Later,
Pen1300
Wingnut 06-20-2004 04:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
quote:
Originally posted by PaladinAlexanderAnderson
I do it once a month. I save all my PMs to word documents just in case.

I was about to say also, you can save them as .txt (text) documents too. They are next to nothing in file size and you can read them in any version of word (in case you switch computers or there comes to be a new version of word). Of course... .doc works to.

quote:

I would save them as individual docs, but then, I'd save them to disk and have different folders for like Admins, Mods, members, and probably save them the same way I save e-mails: with sender as the file name or subject heading...Make a sysetem that works for you. Big Grin

Later,
Pen1300
What she said. I have a seperate folder on my hard drive just for all of the PM's I get and copies of those I send important enough to remember. I save each one as a .txt file. Simple and effective. They can also be read even with something as simple as notepad.
The Fallen Phoenix 06-20-2004 05:41 PM
quote:
If I wake up tommrow morning And My posts are missing, I will Pm every moderator for everywhere I posted.

This might just be me, but very rarely can I keep track of every post I delete. Sometimes I try to save the posts to my harddrive before I delete them, but when I am deleting several posts at once it just isn't practical.

As much as I'd love to help (like pen, I don't bite; I just claw), I suppose it just helps to be aware that sometimes I won't keep track of all the posts I delete. Of course, if it's something severe and/or significant that I delete, I will make a note of that. If I do make a note of it, however, I'm pretty sure that the poster would be quite aware of it...Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Benjamin 06-20-2004 05:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
quote:

This might just be me, but very rarely can I keep track of every post I delete. Sometimes I try to save the posts to my harddrive before I delete them, but when I am deleting several posts at once it just isn't practical.

As much as I'd love to help (like pen, I don't bite; I just claw), I suppose it just helps to be aware that sometimes I won't keep track of all the posts I delete. Of course, if it's something severe and/or significant that I delete, I will make a note of that. If I do make a note of it, however, I'm pretty sure that the poster would be quite aware of it...Embarrassed Sweatdrop

SUCKS THAT YOU CHANGED YOUR NAME,
BUT Just Lemmie know if you delete alllllooooooot of my posts.
evanASF27 06-20-2004 08:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Fallen Phoenix
quote:

oH LIKE THE EPIC BATTLE OF BIG VENUS AND MEGGIDO?!!? x(

O_o whoops...caps lock ^^;; ..err...but still *GRRR* Mad Evil Mad Mad
Lucky that Big Fau had a spare copy of it...or most of it at least o.o;;
*is still gonna get you for that* Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
Benjamin 06-20-2004 09:11 PM
Okay, I think this thread has gone far enough, okay, MY POSTS WERE DELETED, I get it, threre really isn't a need for anyone but a moderator to post from this point on...
Krang 06-21-2004 12:36 AM
quote:
Okay, I think this thread has gone far enough, okay, MY POSTS WERE DELETED, I get it, threre really isn't a need for anyone but a moderator to post from this point on...

Ok, then I'll end the thread with this general comment.

If you don't want your posts deleted, follow these three simple guidelines:
  1. If someone posts a spam/useless thread, don't post in it, since your post count will go down when the thread is deleted.
  2. Don't post off-topic or useless posts in relevant threads (e.g. "Me too!" posts or repeating something you said earlier in the thread).
  3. More generally, be sure to follow the Forum Rules.