Starcraft

Seraphim 06-17-2004 09:29 PM
Does anyone here still play StarCraft: Brood War?

I just installed it after not playing for a couple years. Man, this game is fun! I usually play as Protoss, but Zerg if I want some variety. I'd love to play as Terran, but my strategy must suck. I always get overrun when I play vs. the computer.

Anyway, I think the Protoss are simply cool... they have so much great techology, and really powerful units. The only real drawbacks are the fact that everything costs so much. 100 Crystal for a unit (and 2 unit spaces) is a bit much, but man, that Zealot (most basic Protoss unit) can take out about 5 Zerglings (most basic Zerg unity) and about three Marines (most basic Terran unit).

Protoss has nice defense (Photon Cannons) but the cannons themselves are quite vulnerable. The Zerg can overrun them pretty easy.

I actually like the Terran defenses. A combination of Bunkers plus Seige Tanks creates a solid defense.

So... anyone play it?
Mr. Saturn 06-17-2004 09:40 PM
Oh man, you just reminded me of how great that game is. i think ill reinstall it now and start playing. Anyone remember Radio Free Zerg?

Serve the Hive........
I control the groove......
Serve the Hive.......
I control the way you move.......
How do you like My groove Dagoth?

Dagoth: Well done!
Some Random Girl: Turn it up!

Me and my friend made a remix of Radio Free Zerg a LONG time ago. It was so awesome!
Seraphim 06-17-2004 09:43 PM
Hehehe. Radio Free Zerg was awesome.

Would anyone be interested in a Singleplayer StarCraft campaign where the heroes are all people from PCF? Tongue (With their permission of course)
Mr. Saturn 06-17-2004 09:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim

Would anyone be interested in a Singleplayer StarCraft campaign where the heroes are all people from PCF? Tongue (With their permission of course)

Me! Most Definitely!!! That sounds awesome!
Big Money 06-17-2004 10:13 PM
First, if you will pardon my french here, starcraft
spoiler (highlight to read):
l24p3Z0l2Z!
If you can't read that, don't ask, because you would be offended.

Second, campaign would be awesome. Can I be Fenix?

Thirdly, my battlenet name is IAmWorseThanYou.

And finally, I usually play zerg. Spastic Zerglings destroy all.
Seraphim 06-17-2004 10:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big Money
Second, campaign would be awesome. Can I be Fenix?

Sure, that works. I think I'll make myself a High Templar or a Dark Templar or something.
R.Smith 06-17-2004 10:30 PM
I played both starcrafts, and beat 'em. I recently reinstalled it because i need to kill things (i was upest).

quote:

Sounds like fun, myabe i'll join in.
Mugiwara Luffy 06-17-2004 11:01 PM
I've recently started playing it again too. I'm trying to beat all the missions without cheating this time.

My favorite race is Terran. But I am trying to get better with the Zerg.
Dingo 06-17-2004 11:06 PM
quote:

Count me in. Stick my name on a supped up golaith.

Hey cant we like put our own voices in it and stuff.

edit: oh and starcraft isnt working well for me. I think i might know whats wrong but currently i cant get it to work... im still trying. I can play offline but not online.
Seraphim 06-17-2004 11:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Vordok
quote:

edit: oh and starcraft isnt working well for me. I think i might know whats wrong but currently i cant get it to work... im still trying. I can play offline but not online.

Actually, I believe there IS a powerful Goliath hero to stick your name on. ^_^

I finished Level 1, which is kind of small, and I'm now working on Level 2. Level 1 is a basic evacuation mission, you must lead out at least five out of nine civilians to an abandoned starport to escape. Smile
Mugiwara Luffy 06-17-2004 11:30 PM
I remember a long time ago, I tried to make a Big O campaign on StarCraft. I think Big O was played by a Goliath.

Hey I wanna be in this campaign your making. Can I be a Wraith hero?
Seraphim 06-17-2004 11:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Smith
I remember a long time ago, I tried to make a Big O campaign on StarCraft. I think Big O was played by a Goliath.

Hey I wanna be in this campaign your making. Can I be a Wraith hero?

Sure. ^_^

Things are going pretty well. I have the structures for the first two levels done, but they need polishing. There's also something I'm forgetting about the enemy build AI... I can't get it to build/attack on Level 2. I'll figure it out soon... I probably still know how to do it, since I used to do maps all the time.

I should have Big O show up as a goliath at some point...
Dingo 06-18-2004 05:28 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

Actually, I believe there IS a powerful Goliath hero to stick your name on. ^_^

I finished Level 1, which is kind of small, and I'm now working on Level 2. Level 1 is a basic evacuation mission, you must lead out at least five out of nine civilians to an abandoned starport to escape. Smile

Okay but you never answered my one question. Can you let us do our own voice overs by recording them and sending them to you? I know you can set triggers to do that. and besides... i wanna supply voices for the goliath. Or atleast a scream for when its destroyed.
Seraphim 06-18-2004 05:29 PM
I looked it up, and you can't change the unit sounds. However! You can give me WAV files of your voice for transmissions that can be played during the briefing or in-game.

EDIT: I also fixed my AI problem.

Levels 1 and 2 are done but I need to polish them.
Level 3 is just about done.
Dingo 06-18-2004 05:37 PM
quote:
I looked it up, and you can't change the unit sounds. However! You can give me WAV files of your voice for transmissions that can be played during the briefing or in-game.

EDIT: I also fixed my AI problem.

Levels 1 and 2 are done but I need to polish them.
Level 3 is just about done.

sweet.. gimmie a script and meet me on a voice chat so we can work out how i have to sound.
Seraphim 06-18-2004 05:57 PM
OK. I plan to do the script and briefings and stuff last. But here is the plot line as of level three (Spoilers!!)

Although the Zerg were almost destroyed, the border world Solaris Prime experiences a huge outbreak, presumably from unexplored space. Since the planet is small and the population is much smaller, most of them are able to evacuate. However, Tony, the leader of the Terran forces in that sector, holds back with a group of marines to ensure their escape. He must then lead his own marines and some civilians to an abandoned starport to escape (End Level 1). They get into space, but they realize they don't have enough crystal to power the ships for flight out of the atmosphere. Thus, they land on a now-Zerg controlled space platform. Tony and his forces then eradicate the Zerg there and are able to use the resources to evacuate off the planet. (End Level 2.) Tony's fleet travels for a while before hitting an ion storm, crashing them on an unidentified planet. While on that planet, he meets Seraphim and his military (Protoss) who were dispatched to remove the Zerg infestation. Due to Zerg-removal procedures, they put up the ion storm in order to keep the Zerg from escaping. Tony and Seraphim then destroy the Zerg in this sector. (End Level 3). Before Tony can leave, though, him and Seraphim must destroy the Primary Hive on this planet... (Level 4... and the PLOT TWIST)!
Dingo 06-18-2004 06:06 PM
Thats nice but

In level 2... Dont you think that they might wanna gather as many resources as possible and not really waste them on destroying the zerg. Wouldnt escape be the primary objective. Make it a Do this or that mission. Collect the most resources or destroy the zerg. Just my thoughts but wasting resources would be a bad thing wouldnt it?
Seraphim 06-18-2004 06:09 PM
quote:
Thats nice but

In level 2... Dont you think that they might wanna gather as many resources as possible and not really waste them on destroying the zerg. Wouldnt escape be the primary objective. Make it a Do this or that mission. Collect the most resources or destroy the zerg. Just my thoughts but wasting resources would be a bad thing wouldnt it?

Well, it's because...
They needed the resources from inside the station, thus they had to destroy all the Zerg on it. You'll see what I mean when you get there.
Dingo 06-18-2004 06:12 PM
quote:
quote:
Thats nice but

Well, it's because...
They needed the resources from inside the station, thus they had to destroy all the Zerg on it. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

Alright then.
NVWC2006 06-18-2004 06:23 PM
I have it, but I don't really play it.
At school in the programming classroom it's on all the computers, so after we finish projects or something we would get on the school network and play.
I thought it was phone, so I got Starcraft and Brood War cds from a university auction and installed 'em.
I'm not so great at it, but I wouldn't mind playing an online game w/people...only problem is that I use AOL so whenever I logon, my IP changes, I just need to figure out how to check the IP address from whenever logged on with AOL and i can play any of you.

All the spoilers, I don't get a bit of it Big Grin