Starcraft

Dingo 06-18-2004 06:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NVWC2006
I have it, but I don't really play it.
At school in the programming classroom it's on all the computers, so after we finish projects or something we would get on the school network and play.
I thought it was phone, so I got Starcraft and Brood War cds from a university auction and installed 'em.
I'm not so great at it, but I wouldn't mind playing an online game w/people...only problem is that I use AOL so whenever I logon, my IP changes, I just need to figure out how to check the IP address from whenever logged on with AOL and i can play any of you.

All the spoilers, I don't get a bit of it Big Grin

just use battle net
Seraphim 06-18-2004 07:21 PM
Battle.net is pretty good. I've never played there, but I've heard good things. I mostly play Singleplayer, or multi+AI, or over a LAN.
Dingo 06-18-2004 07:53 PM
Oh and im having a battle net problem. The select gateway thing wont show up. I cant play online. I dont know what the problem is. Can someone help me?

edit: okay i got it to work. Heh.
Generalissimo D 10-04-2005 06:27 PM
Right then. The one game that's never really lost oomph. Dingo and I have been playing Starcraft recently and it is getting somewhat boring with just the two of us(I'll pwn him someday...SOMEDAY!).

So. Anyone else feel like playing? We found a way to play with ZER0 LAG. You read this right. It is quite enjoyable and smooth.

Contact me through PM or AIM if you wish to play with us.
Dingo 10-04-2005 06:39 PM
Yeah what he said. Its been fun, but slowly getting boring with just the two of us.

So contact one of us through a PM or AIM if you wanna play.... For Aiur!
Randolph 01-28-2006 12:23 PM
This thread is a bit old... but I've relevant information.

After playing StarCraft by myself for years, I have finally decided to try out online multiplayer, made easy by my utterly reliable cable modem.

My only issue is, I don't know anybody at Battle.net, and everyone there seems to be psychologically addicted to 1337, which I can only understand rudimentary forms of (what on Earth does "rj" mean?).

Well, seeing as there are a few others here at PCF who play also, perhaps we could get together sometime. I go by the handle "Zeebos", if anyone is interested.

... well, if anyone is interested.
Jstar136 01-28-2006 12:49 PM
ZOMG!

That was another classic that almost any comp. can play!

I never got super good at it, I just played the scerario maps and first player with cheats. Baby

I LONG FOR AIUR!