[Question] ..hmm...maybe another rank?

evanASF27 06-17-2004 05:52 PM
I don't want to sound greedy, or even obsessed with this topic...but I was just pondering about this and so....well let me just get on with it already ^^;;

Do you think we should possibly have another "member" rank above the 4 red star Legendary Rank? I mean we have quite a few (10 I think?) people that are approaching (with 1 who is over ^^) 4000 posts. I've nearly gone double to Legendary requirement (2X2500)...nearly...so maybe it's time that we get another rank just to make things more interesting cos alot of people are becoming 'honorary' legends, and Legendary Rank, and Ultimate lately.

Dunno what you'd call it tho Confused ... "Supreme Member" ? ...nah that's too arrogant...hmm...well, anyways, I'm just asking. Smile It would be Krang and Shredders decision for the name, I'm just wondering if another rank is a good idea Anime Smile

*edit*
Just came to mind...maybe something at the 6000 post mark? ..uhh yah...that's all I gotta say ^^;; *walks away and waits for replies*
Pygmalion 06-17-2004 05:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
I don't want to sound greedy, or even obsessed with this topic...but I was just pondering about this and so....well let me just get on with it already ^^;;

Do you think we should possibly have another "member" rank above the 4 red star Legendary Rank? I mean we have quite a few (10 I think?) people that are approaching (with 1 who is over ^^) 4000 posts. I've nearly gone double to Legendary requirement (2X2500)...nearly...so maybe it's time that we get another rank just to make things more interesting cos alot of people are becoming 'honorary' legends, and Legendary Rank, and Ultimate lately.

Dunno what you'd call it tho Confused ... "Supreme Member" ? ...nah that's too arrogant...hmm...well, anyways, I'm just asking. Smile It would be Krang and Shredders decision for the name, I'm just wondering if another rank is a good idea Anime Smile

I dunno. Getting your own custom member name when you get to 1000 seems to have flattened out the posting game somewhat.

Pygmalion
X Prime 06-17-2004 05:54 PM
The names are silly as is.. How is Legendary better than Ultimate? LOL
dominusofdeath 06-17-2004 05:57 PM
Wouldnt it be more suited for above 5000 instead of 4000.?
evanASF27 06-17-2004 05:57 PM
hey manji and Krang picked that title...don't goo insulting to former Don! Mad

Roll Eyes
Btw, the custom rank is kinda ok...but there *are* a couple of people here (litterally) who don't have that title (tho I was the first to sign up for it and have it).

*edit*
quote:
Originally posted by PaladinAlexanderAnderson

eh? ...I said maybe 6000 posts...having it at 4000 posts would:
1) rob manji
2) be too easy for me
both of which are unfair.
Seraphim 06-17-2004 06:02 PM
We don't need any more ranks. Nobody is even close to a 6,000 post mark. And besides, once someone gets 1000 posts they just apply for Legendary Member then post realllly slowly from then on. I've only seen a few exceptions to this rule.
dominusofdeath 06-17-2004 06:03 PM
quote:
*edit*
quote:

1) rob manji
2) be too easy for me

Sorry bout that Evan. But I think that 5,000 would be more appropriate, because it's halfway to 10,000. hahahahahahahahahaha
Seraphim 06-17-2004 06:11 PM
quote:
quote:
*edit*
quote:

1) rob manji
2) be too easy for me

Sorry bout that Evan. But I think that 5,000 would be more appropriate, because it's halfway to 10,000. hahahahahahahahahaha

Maybe some more ranks between 1,000 and 2,500 and some more after 2,500 up until 4,000.
evanASF27 06-17-2004 06:11 PM
Yah DoD...I see your point Smile ...I just didn't want people thinking it was just something for me manji, GAT, Lady Tesser, and Tony...

But I mean hey, if people decide (for whatever reason) to go back to being regular Ultimate/Legendary member, they should have at least something to look foward to when reaching the new millenia of posts (meaning the next being 5000 since I already reached 4000).

quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim

Maybe some more ranks between 1,000 and 2,500 and some more after 2,500 up until 4,000.

We don't need any more ranks eh, Seraphim? Wink LOL...Also, adding that many new ranks posses the problem of "WHAT DO WE CALL THEM O_o;;". 1 new one is easier to name than 3 or 4...
Seraphim 06-17-2004 06:16 PM
quote:
Yah DoD...I see your point Smile ...I just didn't want people thinking it was just something for me manji, GAT, Lady Tesser, and Tony...

But I mean hey, if people decide (for whatever reason) to go back to being regular Ultimate/Legendary member, they should have at least something to look foward to when reaching the new millenia of posts (meaning the next being 5000 since I already reached 4000).

quote:

We don't need any more ranks eh, Seraphim? Wink LOL...Also, adding that many new ranks posses the problem of "WHAT DO WE CALL THEM O_o;;". 1 new one is easier to name than 3 or 4...

We don't NEED them, but if we were to add them, we would put them there.

I'm sure you can find words in a dictionary.
dominusofdeath 06-17-2004 06:19 PM
Or maybe at said post number. We could have custom Member group. Like it would say <INSERTNAMEHERE> Member and maybe even have the ability to change your star color. But Krang prolly aint got the time and it would take alot of room maybe.
Seraphim 06-17-2004 06:26 PM
quote:
We could have custom Member group. Like it would say <INSERTNAMEHERE> Member

We have one. It's called "Legendary Members" (Silver Edition)
dominusofdeath 06-17-2004 06:29 PM
quote:
quote:

WOW! I knew that! Thats why I suggested the color thing.
Seraphim 06-17-2004 06:32 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

WOW! I knew that! Thats why I suggested the color thing.

Oh. Well, the color thing would be nice. There might be a plugin for that.
evanASF27 06-17-2004 06:39 PM
nah no color thing. I was suggesting another "average" "member" rank...not another cutsom one! x_x
Seraphim 06-17-2004 06:40 PM
quote:
nah no color thing. I was suggesting another "average" "member" rank...not another cutsom one! x_x

Well, DoD was talking about modifying the current one instead of making a new one itself. I kind of like the idea, actually.
evanASF27 06-17-2004 06:45 PM
good for you...doesn't mean it'll happen. Hell I don't even know if Krang would want another rank in the first place. So don't get your hopes too high.
dominusofdeath 06-17-2004 06:46 PM
quote:
quote:

Well, DoD was talking about modifying the current one instead of making a new one itself. I kind of like the idea, actually.

No I was talking about making a new one(as in the one Evan suggested).
Seraphim 06-17-2004 06:51 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

No I was talking about making a new one(as in the one Evan suggested).

Interesting. How would you get the custom rank, then? Application? Or perhaps a post count of like, 3,000 or something... well, I think we do definitely need more ranks between 1,000 and 2,500 or so.
Son_of_Horus 06-17-2004 07:59 PM
quote:

*edit*
Just came to mind...maybe something at the 6000 post mark? ..uhh yah...that's all I gotta say ^^;; *walks away and waits for replies*

I think that rather than another rank, whenever someone enters a thread which you've started, they should be graced with this musical interlude.
Tongue