[Question] ..hmm...maybe another rank?

Zola 06-17-2004 08:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Son_of_Horus
I think that rather than another rank, whenever someone enters a thread which you've started, they should be graced with this musical interlude.
Tongue

*starts conducting the chorus*

I did a little number crunching.

The average number of posts made by the top ten members is 3055.1

Only 14 are eligible for the legendary members group, with... oh, let's say 9 members in range (>1500 posts) to become legendary over the next few months.

Should we add a category when the average of the top ten hits 4000, or wait until it hits 5000?

I understand what Evan is saying insofar as if tons of people get into it, the "Legendary" status slowly begins to get devalued, but by the same token, we have 1,444 members, meaning the legendary group represents approximately .1% of the total membership. (that's point 1%)

Should the threshold be changed when Legendary Members represent .5% of the total?

I'm honestly not sure.
evanASF27 06-17-2004 08:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Son_of_Horus
I think that rather than another rank, whenever someone enters a thread which you've started, they should be graced with this musical interlude.
Tongue

actually I kinda like that...can we make that the national Paradigm City Anthem???? Big Grin Be wonderful for the Speakeasy! Wink
Seraphim 06-17-2004 08:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zola
Should the threshold be changed when Legendary Members represent .5% of the total?

I'm honestly not sure.

You know, I think that's a good idea. It's inevitable that the active members will eventually reach that category, so we should make it a smaller %.
Wingnut 06-17-2004 08:53 PM
If any thing were to change, I would say make the legends members group (>1000 posts) be available at only 1500 posts and above. That would cause an incease in the amout of ultimate (3 red stars) members around and give the deversity that I believe evan is desireing. (Current Legends members <1500 posts would not be effected.)
Seraphim 06-17-2004 09:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
If any thing were to change, I would say make the legends members group (>1000 posts) be available at only 1500 posts and above. That would cause an incease in the amout of ultimate (3 red stars) members around and give the deversity that I believe evan is desireing. (Current Legends members <1500 posts would not be effected.)

I would actually support the increasing of the Custom member group to 1500. That would make it harder to attain, and thus less people would have it, and it would be the title that you would think it would be.

EDIT: Also, increase the time to 5 months. That way, everyone who joins will assuredly be a legend (with 1500 posts and around for five months)
evanASF27 06-17-2004 09:11 PM
for once you got a brilliant idea...I like that...though that had nothing to do with my first suggestion O_o ...
Seraphim 06-17-2004 09:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
for once you got a brilliant idea...I like that...though that had nothing to do with my first suggestion O_o ...

Well, sometimes good things come from other things which were sort of not the same thing. Yeah.

But this would fix the problem of people getting 1k then slowing down with the posting. 1,500 is a high enough goal to make it not easy to get there, but once you do, you're already really established on the boards.

This also compensates for the fact that people keep posting a lot.
Wingnut 06-17-2004 09:17 PM
I believe it was my idea, Seraphim seconded and added on to it. Also I did incorperate it into what you wanted at the begining.
Seraphim 06-17-2004 09:19 PM
quote:
I believe it was my idea, Seraphim seconded and added on to it. Also I did incorperate it into what you wanted at the begining.

Yeah, so. I think we have this down, right?

1. We should increase Custom to 1500 Posts
  2. We should increase custom to 5 months
  3. More ranks should be added between 1,000 and 2,500
  4. More ranks should be added above 2,500 up until 5,000

Anyone have an issue with these? Just keeping the thread on track.
The Fallen Phoenix 06-17-2004 09:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
quote:

I think the space between 1,000 and 2,500 is fine; the previous jump was from 500 to 1,000...

If I needed to suggest the next rank, I'd say 5,000, 7,777, and 10,000 would work as potential options.
Seraphim 06-17-2004 09:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xineohp Nellaf Eht
quote:
quote:

I think the space between 1,000 and 2,500 is fine; the previous jump was from 500 to 1,000...

If I needed to suggest the next rank, I'd say 5,000, 7,777, and 10,000 would work as potential options.

How about 3,500? That's high enough but low enough, too.
The Fallen Phoenix 06-17-2004 09:35 PM
quote:

I'd say the lowest the next rank should be (if one at all) is 5,000. Each rank has required at least twice as many posts as the last...

---
Double post? What double post? Tongue OBEY

---
Besides, who ever said I was human? I'm a Phoenix...
Wingnut 06-17-2004 09:40 PM
quote:

Agreed, I suggested the custom rank to be at 1500 as a spot between 1000 and 2500.
7,777 Confused
That's odd, but at about the right spot though...

UH OH. XNE DP'ed. Proof that even the mods are still human.
Dude Love 06-17-2004 09:44 PM
I like the currently evolving thought of tacking on a few months and more posts for legendary status. Although, I think, if anything, it really should only be a month increase. I don't think three months is long enough to establish themselves on the board such that they may be called legend. There are a few exceptions, but it really just rubs me the wrong way.

Also, upping post requirement might be nice.

EDIT: And, FP is still not human. Believe me, I've poked him and he hasn't bled. Wink
Seraphim 06-17-2004 10:00 PM
quote:
quote:

I'd say the lowest the next rank should be (if one at all) is 5,000. Each rank has required at least twice as many posts as the last...

Does it have to? I don't think that's programmed into the software.
The Fallen Phoenix 06-17-2004 10:03 PM
quote:

It doesn't have to, but that's been the logical state of progression thus far. It doesn't make sense to change it to make it "easier;" it's set high for a reason, after all.
Seraphim 06-17-2004 10:06 PM
quote:
quote:

It doesn't have to, but that's been the logical state of progression thus far. It doesn't make sense to change it to make it "easier;" it's set high for a reason, after all.

I think the point is that "Legendary Members" (the custom group) is too low. Many people are getting around that point, soon we'll have like, 30 legendary members. =p
evanASF27 06-17-2004 10:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
Also, upping post requirement might be nice.

EDIT: And, FP is still not human. Believe me, I've poked him and he hasn't bled. Wink

*walks up o wienberg with a doublebarrel shotgun*
Of cerse he ain't human boy!...he's a bird...and Bird season just opened it did...

*lifts rifle and aims at FP*

Oh yah...5000 would be nice for the new rank (if Krang decides to make one)...though I still think maybe 6000...

*gun shot*
Zola 06-17-2004 11:14 PM
5000 would be the next logical step, and then 10000.
Krang 06-17-2004 11:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
The names are silly as is.. How is Legendary better than Ultimate? LOL

While I didn't come up with the names myself, it's still rude of you to mock them.

Anyway...

quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
Do you think we should possibly have another "member" rank above the 4 red star Legendary Rank? I mean we have quite a few (10 I think?) people that are approaching (with 1 who is over ^^) 4000 posts. I've nearly gone double to Legendary requirement (2X2500)...nearly...so maybe it's time that we get another rank just to make things more interesting cos alot of people are becoming 'honorary' legends, and Legendary Rank, and Ultimate lately.

Possibly, but we would still have to think of a name and number of posts (although 5000 sounds good like PAA suggested). Also, the number of stars would have to be shifted around a little, since 5 stars is currently reserved for special ranks.

quote:
quote:

Other than adding more ranks, I think this sounds like a good idea. I'll alter the requirements for the Forum Legends group (and as a note, the silver star group is called "Forum Legends", not "Legendary Members" Tongue ) to 1500 posts and 5 months. And as suggested, current Forum Legends will not be affected.