Rating members

R.Smith 06-16-2004 06:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
How do you guys know how many votes went into it?


Easy, hold the cursor over the bar.
Seraphim 06-16-2004 06:44 PM
Sweet! Thanks! Big Grin
Mr. Saturn 06-16-2004 07:34 PM
Lets see.... 7.22, 9 votes. Not too shabby Big Grin
Pygmalion 06-16-2004 08:13 PM
8.63 in 16 votes, but who's counting? Smile )

I thought it was interesting the difference in numbers of votes of the top ten members, ranging from evan's 41 to Wingnut's 13. I get the feeling that rating members has fallen off since the glory days of last summer.

Pygmalion
The Fallen Phoenix 06-16-2004 08:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion
8.63 in 16 votes, but who's counting? Smile )

I thought it was interesting the difference in numbers of votes of the top ten members, ranging from evan's 41 to Wingnut's 13. I get the feeling that rating members has fallen off since the glory days of last summer.

Pygmalion


I think it's probably because not many people really notice the rating option, whereas many of those who do have a lot of votes were around when the feature was receiving exposure.

Now that the feature is being called to attention again, there might be more frequent voting.
Howler_65 06-16-2004 09:04 PM
well rating members may be fun but if you rate some1 badly and a new member sees a bad rating they may not want to meet them and that could be bad but what if that is a trait that the new member likes...it makes u think abuot all aspects of the situation at hand...


...but that is just my opinion...
Seraphim 06-16-2004 09:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Howler_65
well rating members may be fun but if you rate some1 badly and a new member sees a bad rating they may not want to meet them and that could be bad but what if that is a trait that the new member likes...it makes u think abuot all aspects of the situation at hand...


...but that is just my opinion...


I don't think very many people are in the red though.
Silv3rKnigh1 06-18-2004 12:05 AM
theirs some who r

Its funny, all my close freidns r yellow Roll Eyes
Seraphim 06-18-2004 12:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
theirs some who r

Its funny, all my close freidns r yellow Roll Eyes


Lots of people are yellow. I think it's the most common color.
Dork 06-18-2004 09:03 AM
I try not to rate anyone until they've hung around here for about a month. Sometimes people have a bad day or week or something and you can't really blame them for that.

When I first got here I know someone gave me a '1' rating one time because I disagreed with him on a thread in the Smith Mansion. Ticks me off. . .

The easiest way to bump up your rating is to do stuff for other members. When the Screen Capture Request Thread was started in the smith mansion I got 5 votes in about two weeks. Which kinda surprised me. Everyone has different ways of going about the rating system.



muchlove
-dork
Seraphim 06-18-2004 12:11 PM
I think there are some people on here that rate newbies with "1" right when they see them. I sometimes see people with only 2 or 3 posts with a 1 rating. Or maybe they're just self-hating. Tongue
Benjamin 06-18-2004 09:34 PM
Well when I first arrived, I messed up with a thread location,

And it was all down hill from there Tongue

"Does anyone know any of BIG DUO's major weapons
Mr. Saturn 06-22-2004 01:46 AM
Hey hey! My rating went up! 8.08, 13 votes! Last time it was only 9 votes... wonder who voted....
Benjamin 06-22-2004 10:17 PM
I did, But yeah, anywho,

COULD PEOPLE PLEASE RATE ME, I WANT A NEW RATING,


-_-;;;

Please rate me with your heart,

~MINION~
Silv3rKnigh1 06-22-2004 10:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by MINION
I did, But yeah, anywho,

COULD PEOPLE PLEASE RATE ME, I WANT A NEW RATING,


-_-;;;

Please rate me with your heart,

~MINION~


i would minion, but theres no -1
C.R Foxhound 06-23-2004 10:59 AM
member rating?

Hmm....somebody gonna give me a negative?
evanASF27 06-23-2004 12:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
I think there are some people on here that rate newbies with "1" right when they see them. I sometimes see people with only 2 or 3 posts with a 1 rating. Or maybe they're just self-hating. Tongue

you can't vote for yourself.
Silv3rKnigh1 06-23-2004 07:30 PM
all the newbs have damn 10s
Asirt 06-23-2004 07:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
all the newbs have damn 10s


Really? Not all new members have 10's (most do, but not all, unless it's only 1 user rating them Wink )

So far, I am rated 5.50! Before that, I had a 1. Shocked

Later,
Trisa
Silv3rKnigh1 06-23-2004 09:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Trisa
quote:
Originally posted by Silv3rKnigh1
all the newbs have damn 10s


Really? Not all new members have 10's (most do, but not all, unless it's only 1 user rating them Wink )

So far, I am rated 5.50! Before that, I had a 1. Shocked

Later,
Trisa


thats unusual, xsomeone goes around and gives the newbs 10s from what ive seen. I dont know u so i wwont rate u yet