Forum Upgrades

Krang 01-26-2005 12:15 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Seebach: [Zopwx2]
The only error I've noticed so far, is that every once in a while the bottom area under a thread will be extended for no reason. Resulting in pointless scroll space.

Hmm, I haven't noticed that. Could you take a screenshot?
X Prime 01-26-2005 01:27 AM
Psst... Krang, you may want to throw this into headinclude... I'm running headlong into Opera's lovely PHP cache bug here. as far as I can see it has no discernable effect on IE or FireFox while fixing Opera.

code:
1:
2:
3:
<meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache" />
<meta http-equiv="Expires" content="Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT" />
<meta http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache" />
Green_Bird 01-26-2005 02:03 AM
I have a few questions about the whole attachment thing....Why can't you delete things out of locked threads. Shouldn't those be the ones that need deleteing in the first place? Also is there a set amount of disk space that you can use for attachments or not?

But I do think it's cool that you can delete old attachments now.
Krang 01-26-2005 02:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Psst... Krang, you may want to throw this into headinclude... I'm running headlong into Opera's lovely PHP cache bug here. as far as I can see it has no discernable effect on IE or FireFox while fixing Opera.

No problem, I added it.

quote:
Originally posted by Green_Bird
I have a few questions about the whole attachment thing....Why can't you delete things out of locked threads. Shouldn't those be the ones that need deleteing in the first place?

That's an unintentional side effect of the fact that users can't edit posts once a thread is locked. Ask a mod or admin, and we can delete them for you.

quote:
Also is there a set amount of disk space that you can use for attachments or not?

Yes, each user can use up to 1000KB (that might change depending on how things go). To see your quota, go to "Attachments" under your profile.
R and D 01-26-2005 06:47 AM
krang do we have to have the java thing in order to post? Confused

EDIT: nevermind i think i must have clicked the wrong button. Embarrassed Sweatdrop

anyways

sweet update. i luv alll the buttons when we are writing our replies! buttons...so many buttons. which one shall i choose now? Tongue

EDIT2: uhh Juno and i are having some problems. when she tried to log in she tried to log in under my name. however when we refresh the page...we log in just fine. is it glich or something? Oh Well
Zopwx2 01-26-2005 06:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Seebach: [Zopwx2]
The only error I've noticed so far, is that every once in a while the bottom area under a thread will be extended for no reason. Resulting in pointless scroll space.

Hmm, I haven't noticed that. Could you take a screenshot?

Well it seems to have worked itself out anyway.
Asirt 01-26-2005 06:27 PM
I have not noticed any problems so far with the upgrade. The extended edtior is pretty nice, but the old editor is good enough. I also noticed that you can't double post until 100 minutes has passed. Overall, pretty nice.
Mr. Fortnight 01-26-2005 08:25 PM
Everything seems to be working, although at times there is a slight slow down.

Nothing to write home about, though.

Not to mention everything looks the same from a text-based perspective.

Hopefully when I got to a friend's place this weekend to check the graphical side of things, it'll look the same there too.

Good work!
Avenir 01-26-2005 08:29 PM
Everything is going smooth on this end. The attachment managment system is a very nice addition. A special thanks to Krang and Shredder for keeping the board running strong as always. Happy
evanASF27 01-26-2005 08:34 PM
What are these new option with the PM system?? How do you work them and what do they do? Confused
R.Smith 01-26-2005 08:55 PM
Strangeness, a quote box without white lines around it...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you.. The new Picture thread.
Krang 01-26-2005 09:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Baby Fwuffles
EDIT2: uhh Juno and i are having some problems. when she tried to log in she tried to log in under my name. however when we refresh the page...we log in just fine. is it glich or something? Oh Well

Are you two posting from the same computer? If so, your browser probably just cached the old page. I recommend logging out fully and closing the browser before switching users on the same computer.

quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
What are these new option with the PM system?? How do you work them and what do they do? Confused

The top box allows you to send PMs to multiple users (up to 5 at a time). Put one username per line, and it will be sent to each person on the list. The second box is pretty much the same thing, but the other people you send it to won't know that you're sending it to the people listed in this box. This is similar to a BCC in email programs. Also, "Insert Users from the buddylist" inserts everyone you have on your friends list in your profile.

quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
Strangeness, a quote box without white lines around it...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you.. The new Picture thread.

That has to do with the post cache. When people post new messages, it caches them so that they load faster when someone reads them. The only problem is that if the poster is using a different style, there may be some small errors like that. There's no real way to work around that other than disabling the post cache, and that wouldn't really be worth the trouble.
Dude Love 02-02-2005 05:28 PM
I've not noticed any real bugs, but I'd like to comment on a cool feature, just in case someone's not noticed yet.

Images automatically resized, apparently, if they're over a certain width (I believe its 550 pixels). I really like this, as it prevents horizontal scrolls.

Worth noting so that you don't create one over the limit, and so no one is surprised when an image is a link to the original copy (which would be larger).

EDIT: Another cool feature. If you link to a post on the forums without specifying specific text, it is automatically re-titled to the Thread Title. For example, this is Krang's post preceding my own.

Forum Upgrades

I just posted a bare link there, with no [url] tags.

Overall, I really like these cool new features.
Krang 02-22-2005 09:56 PM
Although this update is too small to actually increment the version number, I recently upgraded the forums from WBB 2.3.0 to 2.3.0pl1. This is just a small bugfix and shouldn't affect anything, but if you have any problems logging in that weren't there before, let me know.
Krang 03-19-2005 05:20 AM
I just upgraded the forums from WBB 2.3.0 to 2.3.1. Not much new other than a few bugfixes, but if you notice any errors, please let me know.
Krang 05-18-2005 01:33 AM
I just upgraded the forums from WBB 2.3.1 to 2.3.2. No new features, but several bugfixes, so if you notice any errors, please let me know.
Krang 07-16-2005 09:15 PM
Yesterday, I upgraded the forums from WBB 2.3.2 to 2.3.3. This update includes a few improvements to the registration process and several bugfixes, but if you notice any errors, please let me know.
Madrona 07-17-2005 12:22 PM
Just to get to this thread from the main page, I had to sign in. Is that the way you wanted it?
Krang 07-17-2005 09:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Madrona
Just to get to this thread from the main page, I had to sign in. Is that the way you wanted it?

Yep, this area has always been accessible to members only, since the announcements made here aren't usually relevant to guests (unless the guest is a member who is not logged in, of course Smile ). This configuration also helps prevent too many visitors from signing up for free email accounts, which are intended for forum members only.
Krang 01-04-2006 05:01 AM
I just upgraded the forums from WBB 2.3.3 to 2.3.4. This update includes a few bugfixes, but if you notice any errors, please let me know.