Forum Upgrades

Manji 11-09-2003 12:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by David F
The kind of hacking I’m talking about is adding in cool stuff to the forums. Cracking not Hacking is the malicious form of it. All I’m saying is if they can add awesome features to the forums like maybe Forum Item shops, RPG stats and stuff like that.

They should have mods for things like that. I post at another forum of this kind with those mods, heres the place I'm talkin' about AAOTracker, go to the forums, and you'll notice picture galleries, item shops, stats, a bunch of different strange things, but I'm not sure how to get them for this Forum.
Big-O 11-09-2003 12:31 PM
quote:
Powered by Woltlab Burning Board 2.0.3 and 4Players.de
Ok first they using a lower version than us and they have a MOD from 4players.de
Krang 11-09-2003 11:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Big-O
Also... krang can you post whats new if anything.

2.1.3 is mainly a bugfix update (mostly template, JavaScript, and Mozilla-related bugs), but it also includes some performance optimizations.

quote:
quote:
Powered by Woltlab Burning Board 2.0.3 and 4Players.de
Ok first they using a lower version than us and they have a MOD from 4players.de

Yeah, 2.0.3 has more mods because it has been out longer. Besides, I don't think that most of the mods at that forum would be appropriate for this one, but if anyone can think of one that would, let me know and I'll see if it's available for 2.1.x.
Big-O 11-10-2003 12:03 AM
OK dude I found the official MOD forum But I can't access it because I don't own a copy of 2.x.x Here is the link... Happy hunting

Scroll down to the 2.x section... There are 2 sections... 1.x and 2.x
Krang 11-10-2003 12:25 AM
quote:
OK dude I found the official MOD forum But I can't access it because I don't own a copy of 2.x.x Here is the link... Happy hunting

Scroll down to the 2.x section... There are 2 sections... 1.x and 2.x

Thanks, but actually I'm already registered there and can access the 2.x sections. If anyone has any ideas for mods that would be appropriate to install here, let me know and I'll check them out there.
Big-O 11-10-2003 07:11 PM
Well I will look

Aslo this is off topic but can somebody tell me if my avatar is clipped or can you see the whole picture.
Manji 11-10-2003 07:21 PM
Whaddya mean clipped?
Big-O 11-10-2003 07:35 PM
Like you cant see the wole picture. Can you only see part of it then the rest is black.. That kind of clipped.
Manji 11-10-2003 07:56 PM
This is exactly what I see-
Krang 05-30-2004 12:22 AM
Forgot to mention this yesterday, but I just upgraded the forums from WBB 2.1.3 to 2.1.4, which includes a few bugfixes. Please let me know if you come across any errors.
Seraphim 05-31-2004 10:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Forgot to mention this yesterday, but I just upgraded the forums from WBB 2.1.3 to 2.1.4, which includes a few bugfixes. Please let me know if you come across any errors.

Everything here looks fine.
Big-O 05-31-2004 10:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang

Well I haven't seen any bugs yet... *Is flooded with PM's from a noob member asking about how he has a custol title* Crap! I think I found one! *Squashes the bug*...

Anyways Krang I was gonna sk this before but can you like list all bug fixes or anything like that.
Krang 05-31-2004 11:42 PM
quote:
Anyways Krang I was gonna sk this before but can you like list all bug fixes or anything like that.

I would, but apparently they forgot to translate them, and I can't read German... But from the looks of it, it's mostly fixes to the templates and other small errors.
Big-O 05-31-2004 11:44 PM
As long as it's nothing big I don't care. Man I really wish you can find a mod for this forum. If I knew how to make one I would.
Krang 09-05-2004 04:48 AM
I recently finished upgrading the forums from WBB 2.1.4 to 2.1.5, which includes some bugfixes. As usual, please let me know if you come across any errors.

Edit: While I was working on the forums, I also fixed the Show/Hide Spoilers script to work with Mozilla/Firefox also, so it should now work on all browsers.
Krang 01-24-2005 11:58 PM
After some trouble, the forums have finally been upgraded from WBB 2.1.5 to 2.3.0. The new version includes several new features (mostly on the administrative side) and some various improvements. Please let me know if you come across any errors.
Zopwx2 01-25-2005 11:54 PM
Everything looks awesome on my side.

Although I pressed extended editor to see what happend, and boom the java cup.

My computer hates java.....but I got it to work.

Is there any advantage to using the extended editor?
evanASF27 01-26-2005 12:06 AM
woaahhh....2 attachments?! O_O I can put up to two attachments on a post now?!
Krang 01-26-2005 12:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Seebach: [Zopwx2]
Everything looks awesome on my side.

Although I pressed extended editor to see what happend, and boom the java cup.

My computer hates java.....but I got it to work.

Is there any advantage to using the extended editor?

The only advantage is that it shows you exactly what your post will look like as you type and add formatting. But for people familiar with BBCode, the regular editor should be fine.

quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
woaahhh....2 attachments?! O_O I can put up to two attachments on a post now?!

Yep, you're allowed to attach up to 2 files. The only catch is that your total attachment size is now monitored (see "Attachments" in your Profile).
Zopwx2 01-26-2005 12:12 AM
The only error I've noticed so far, is that every once in a while the bottom area under a thread will be extended for no reason. Resulting in pointless scroll space.