Fahrenheit 9/11

Zopwx2 06-12-2004 06:42 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/fahrenheit_911/

Quicktime

http://www.fahrenheit911.com/trailer/windows/large.php

Windows

That the trailer for Micheal Moore's new documentry.

Bowling For Columbine was interesting.

I'm not a huge micheal moore fan, I think he takes some point or some truth but then skews it out of proportion to make it look more black and white. And some of his tactics are a bit decieving.

Either way, I'll still check out this movie.

They loved it in France. Big Grin

P.S.

In order to keep it unbiased:

http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/trailer_lrg.html

www.BowlingForTruth.com
088nd 06-12-2004 07:44 PM
Yeah I like that Bowling for Truth thing because that Brief History of the United States really burned my canole when I watched it. Damn Hippies.
Zopwx2 06-12-2004 07:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd
Yeah I like that Bowling for Truth thing because that Brief History of the United States really burned my canole when I watched it. Damn Hippies.

yes, hippies........... Confused

Thing is, his movies aren't all lies, he just edits them to make it look alot better for himself.
088nd 06-12-2004 07:54 PM
yeah that's true.
Mr. Peabody 06-12-2004 08:58 PM
If anyone here likes Michael Moore, then that's your right as an American citizen, but personally I hate the guy. I'll admit that I found his brand of journalism amusing at first, but I'm convinced he's just looking out for number one.
re-animate 06-13-2004 12:55 AM
guess which side im on?

nope

thats right, im with michel moor

cuz i hate bush

i think theirs more behind iraq

i know theirs more behind 9/11

and i Hate, with a capitol H, president bush

i am roan dachmeth and i approve this message

ROAN FOR PRES!!!
pen1300 06-13-2004 07:22 AM
Dude, that is getting release Stateside? I know he played it at the Cannes Film Fest. but I heard in my one class that his film is basically not allowed to be released in the US because of the nature of his documentary.

BTW: I also heard they loved it in France.

Later,
Pen1300
Mike 06-13-2004 08:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by pen1300
Dude, that is getting release Stateside? I know he played it at the Cannes Film Fest. but I heard in my one class that his film is basically not allowed to be released in the US because of the nature of his documentary.

Seriously?
STOP STIFILING FREE SPEECH YOU BASTARDS!

I don't like bush either, but I think Michael Moore takes it a bit far with the conspiracy theories.
Although...there's no way in hell that Iraq was really about WMD's to begin with.
Dude Love 06-13-2004 10:33 AM
Looking at the trailer, and only that, it's hard to believe Michael Moore got access to those business meetings, mostly because he's not a businessman. That would suggest he hired actors to pretend it was a meeting, a meeting in which he wouldn't have known what was going on.

My own conspiracy theory. Take that Michael Moore.
Seraphim 06-13-2004 11:12 AM
I think Michael Moore has good intentions, but sometimes he gets a bit off track. I liked Bowling for Columbine, but I thought "A Brief History of the United States" made too big a deal out of slavery and misrepresented a few other things. I haven't seen the trailer to 9/11, but I'm definitely going to try to get the movie somehow.
Zopwx2 06-13-2004 11:59 AM
Well it does say "In theaters: June 25th, 2004 " .

He never directly lies about anything, he just edits his movies to lie indirectly to make his point.

And that whole bullets at k-mart thing was a bit lame. Its not always the big corporations fault.
Seraphim 06-13-2004 12:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
And that whole bullets at k-mart thing was a bit lame. Its not always the big corporations fault.

Not always, but when you take a step backwards and actually think about it, there's no reason for bullets to be that accessable at a store like K-Mart.

He does kind of edit things in an... interesting manner, but his point remains clear. I find him kind of annoying, though. He's too quick to jump to conclusions, and he said some weird things in "Dude, where's my country?"
Zopwx2 06-13-2004 12:42 PM
well I guess we need some people way out there.

Becuase if we were all moderates noone would make these movies.
Sharpshooter005 06-13-2004 06:02 PM
He's very good at marketing. I can't think of anyone better at selling sophmoric anger than Moore.
Commander Amarao 06-13-2004 06:42 PM
Michael Moore is a total dickhead. All he does is bash prezident Bush and edit his movies to make all the people he dislikes look bad. I don't like Bush but I HATE Michael Moore. All he did in Bowling for Columbine is bash America and show people all of the negative aspects of America. Although he says in the same movie that he is ver patriotic and loves his country. I wouldn't believe half the crap he says and you shouldn't either. If he hates everything this country does maybe he should move to France where all the other croissant eating, hippie faggots are.

GO USA!!!!

Screw Michael Moore.
Zopwx2 06-13-2004 08:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Commander Amarao
Michael Moore is a total dickhead. All he does is bash prezident Bush and edit his movies to make all the people he dislikes look bad. I don't like Bush but I HATE Michael Moore. All he did in Bowling for Columbine is bash America and show people all of the negative aspects of America. Although he says in the same movie that he is ver patriotic and loves his country. I wouldn't believe half the crap he says and you shouldn't either. If he hates everything this country does maybe he should move to France where all the other croissant eating, hippie faggots are.

GO USA!!!!

Screw Michael Moore.

YES! Down with Hippe French Fags forever! Roll Eyes
Sharpshooter005 06-13-2004 08:13 PM
quote:
Down with Hippe French Fags forever!

Nah, just the Parisian swine.

Alsace > *

Tongue
Mugiwara Luffy 06-13-2004 08:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Commander Amarao

GO USA!!!!

Screw Michael Moore.

Wow you sound just like Maddox. I guess that's why I've always found your anger entertaining.

As for Michael Moore, I hate him too. And he has the same first name as me. *shiver*
Seraphim 06-13-2004 08:32 PM
Wow! I just watched the trailer - this movie looks awesome! Big Grin

I love the end of the trailer - "I call on all nations to stop these terrorist killers. Now, watch this drive."
X Prime 06-13-2004 09:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
Down with Hippe French Fags forever!

Nah, just the Parisian swine.

Alsace > *

Tongue

I can somewhat agree with this.. It's mostly the elitist Paris Frenchies who are really deserving of a solid bullet in the skull.