[Question] What happened to the threads??

evanASF27 06-05-2004 08:54 PM
I've noticed that sections around here only go back to a certain point. Like for example, on the last page of the Speakeasy section the last thread (or first thread, depending on how you count it) is listed as last being posted in on "02-26-2004 10:40 PM"....but I know that can't be right...because there are tons of threads that were made before that and that I remember posting in back in august and throughout the end of 2003.
I also remember the "Speakeasy" Thread being linking to once recently...what's going on? Confused Are the threads of before "02-26-2004 10:40 PM" lost or something?

(I was just about to say lost memories ^^;; I quickly corrected myself! lol)
Dude Love 06-05-2004 08:59 PM
Set the view threads section to "From the Beginning" rather than "In the last 100 days"
evanASF27 06-05-2004 09:11 PM
ACK! o_O;;;

That did it, it did it did!! ^^;;;

Sorry bout that...I didn't even know that option was there O.o;;
NOW I SEE EVERYTHING!!

Thanks wienberg Cool
evanASF27 06-06-2004 10:13 PM
sorry for this...but umm...I check the speakeasy section again today (going back the first page...the oldest threads page) and I found that some of the threads that were there yesterday are gone today! O_O;;; And one of theme was one I was planning on checkin out today ;.; (forgot which one it was now)

Are the oldest of threads being lost of something because I remember the thread "Another funny movie link!" being at the top, and now it's half way down the page o.o;;; ARE WE LOSING OUR HISTORY!?!!?!?!! *dramatic shout*
Dude Love 06-06-2004 10:15 PM
Perhaps, it's because:

A. More threads were created.
B. You're remembering something from the final page when you look at the threads from the last 100 days, in which event all the February 26th ones will be missing because they're passed 100 days old.
evanASF27 06-06-2004 10:28 PM
hmm...I guess so...but I was under the impression old threads were being deleted. Because the number of threads before The old Speakeasy thread (let's make this the reference thread) had decreased. But I'm not 100% sure. I'll study the number over the next day of two.
The Fallen Phoenix 06-06-2004 11:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
hmm...I guess so...but I was under the impression old threads were being deleted. Because the number of threads before The old Speakeasy thread (let's make this the reference thread) had decreased. But I'm not 100% sure. I'll study the number over the next day of two.

As far as I know, pruning is not occuring...if you set the option to "from the beginning," as Wienberg said, you should see all the threads from...well, the beginning. Big Grin

We're not losing our history...except when vicious mods like me go on deleting rampages like I did back in the early days of the MFL. Embarrassed Sweatdrop That was one of, if not the stupidest thing I've ever done. Embarrassed Sweatdrop
Seraphim 06-06-2004 11:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xineohp Nellaf Eht
Embarrassed Sweatdrop That was one of, if not the stupidest thing I've ever done. Embarrassed Sweatdrop

Should we make a list and vote on it? Tongue

I had a similar issue to Evan's a while ago, and I did think some threads had disappeared. Are you sure the forums don't get pruned?
Krang 06-06-2004 11:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
I had a similar issue to Evan's a while ago, and I did think some threads had disappeared. Are you sure the forums don't get pruned?

No, I don't delete them, and neither does the forum software. But like Evan suggested, keep an eye on the last page of the Speakeasy, and if you see threads disappearing, let me know and I'll look into it. It also might be a good idea to copy the links somewhere just to be sure that the threads are gone and not just bumped.
evanASF27 06-07-2004 12:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Xineohp Nellaf Eht
We're not losing our history...except when vicious mods like me go on deleting rampages like I did back in the early days of the MFL. Embarrassed Sweatdrop That was one of, if not the stupidest thing I've ever done. Embarrassed Sweatdrop

YOU B@ST@RD!! *grabs iron rebar and smashes it against FP's skull*

...what?! O_o ...oh come on! ... Sweatdrop Don't look at me like that...we were all gonna get you for that anyways... Roll Eyes

*picks up iron rebar and puts it in pocket*

anyways, I'm writing down how many threads on in front of "The Speakeasy" each night (starting tonight) until maybe wed. or thurs. (depending how many new threads are made in the Speakeasy). Currently there are 10 threads in front of "The Speakeasy" and The Speakeasy is on the last page. If there *IS* any pruning going on, we'll find out.

Once again, I just want to say I wasn't sure if there was anything wrong in te first place. I just noticed that something looked very different than before, so please don't hurt me if in the end we find nothing to be wrong O_o;;; (Something could be wrong, then again it might not...)