Post your suggestions for the Big-O Character Pages!!

Jonny Axehandle 05-30-2004 01:37 PM
A sample here: http://www.jonnys-place.com/Characters/bigtests.php?id=roger

Feel free to add any info by posting it here. Or if you have a suggestion go ahead and post it.
Zopwx2 05-30-2004 01:46 PM
Roger Smith:

Sex: Male

Roger Smith was adopted by a rich family at an early age. His desire to protect the city drove him to join the Military Police force, where he Met Major Dan Dastun. But soon roger felt as if the military police wasn't the best place for him. He became dissapointed that it was no more than a group of attack dogs for the Paradigm Corporation. He left under less than desirable circustances which were never really explained, but still remained friends with Dastun.

He eventually started a job as a professional negotiator, who took care of all kinds of problems which were so prevalent in paradigm city. He took up residence in an old bank building located in an illegal residence district outside the domes. But was surprised when it came with a little extra. A butler named Norman had apparently been maintaining a megadeus (giant robot) which he simply called "The Great Big O". No matter what roger said, norman was sure that Roger was the man he was waiting for, the who could could pilot the megadeus.

Today roger realizes that he has a duty and a responsibilty to protect paradigm city with big o. So he is living out his life juggling his negotiating career and protecting the city from the horrors of 40 years ago that resurrface periodically.

Yet roger is still plagued with nightmares and uncertainty about his own life, and worse yet what did happend 40 years ago?
Jonny Axehandle 05-30-2004 01:57 PM
Zopwx2 - I added Bio, Age, and made a Gender field.
Jonny Axehandle 05-31-2004 08:08 AM
Zopwx2 05-31-2004 05:49 PM
This is for Paradigm City isn't it?

If anyone has amy corrections, additions, or comments, please post. Oh and spell check it for me too.

in fact someone who is better writer can probably use mine as a starting point and rewrite them so they sound more coherant.

FYI:

Roger: 25
Angel: 26
Dorothy: Designed to look 18
Dastun: 47
A. Rosewater: 43
Norman: 54
Beck: 22
Soldano: 58
Wayneright: 72
Big Ear: 49

Schwarzwald:

Schwarzwald is the psedonym for the man who was once called Micheal Seebach. Micheal Seebach was a reporter for the paradigm press who had a seemingly normal life inside the domes. Yet he concealed the fact that he had a home outside the domes where he conducted his reasearch: the search for the truth. Micheal Seebach was constantly frustrated with the people of paradigm and their apparent obliviousnes to the mystery that surrounded them. He couldn't see how anyone could live cut off from their past, he made it his duty to find out the truth about the city and 40 years ago. He ventured deep underground where most people were afraid to go, it is there where he uncovered a relic from the past, but in the process became horribly scared, and now covers his body with bandages. It was then he decided from now on he would call himself "schwarzwald" or "black forest" in german.

Its unclear as to what exactly Schwarzwald did discover but at least we know he has an affinity for discovering lost pieces of the past and he constantly rants about the truth.

He first meets roger when roger is hired to find Seebach who had gone missing.

spoiler (highlight to read):
In act 12 he discovers Big Duo. A megadeus which was similair to big o but was designed for flying. Schwarwald after killing several rich citezens of paradigm attempted to destroy the main dome and paradigm hq. In an epic battle roger just barely manages to stop schwarzwald.

In act 17 a leaflet written by schwarzwald is distrubted warning the citezens of paradigm to once again think and search out the truth. After roger destroys a lizard like megadeus which wanders in from the desert, he is shocked to learn that schwarzwald had been dead for quite along time.

In act 24 Alan Gabriel is piloting a refurbished Big Duo when the ghost of schwarzwald returns to judge him, and explain that he contained both "the foolishness of man and machine". And then he was killed by the megadeus. Roger also received a letter written by schwarzwald that was to be sent after he died. The contents of the letter were never explained.

Norman Burg:

Little is known about Norman Burg's origins. All we know is that ever since the even 40 years ago he had been tending the Big O and waiting for someone. when he met roger he was sure he was the one who could pilot the big o. Ever since then Norman has had an almost fanatical devotion to roger. Serving as his butler, but also a mechanic, repairing and mainting big o. Even though roger doesn't carry guns, norman is quite handy with firearms if he is ever needed to protect roger and the mansion. Yet norman still remains mysterious, he seems to know more than he lets on.

Major Dan Dastun:

Friend of roger and one time boss. Major dastun is similar to roger in the fact that he values truth and justice and has strong desire to help protect paradigm city, but unlike roger he still believes in the military police. Dastun is devoted to his work but is often frustrated at his inability to adequetly defend the city from constant threats. He is also troubled by uncertainty about his past and experiences nightmares. He was later promoted to Colonel in a later episode.

Alan Gabriel

Nothing is known about Alan Gabriel, not even if he human or not. He is a very mysterious individual he appears to be some sort of cyborg. Its unclear if he was a human who volunteered to be experimented on, or was built from scratch. He works as alex rosewater
and is a double agent for the union
. His motives are quite simple, he just enjoys killing and destruction. He is overall just a perverted and creepy person.

In act 15 he kills roscoe fitzgerald and steals vital information for Alex rosewater.

in act 24 he pilots Big Duo and almost wins but the ghost of schwarzwald shows up and he is torn to pieces by the megadeus itself.

Zopwx2's theory: He was designed as a way to circumvent the need for a dominus and an android by combining both elements into one person and hooking him up directly into the megadeus.

Ill do more later.
Jonny Axehandle 05-31-2004 06:15 PM
0_0;; Holy crap
Seraphim 07-09-2004 09:07 AM
Is this ever going to get off the ground or what?
Zopwx2 07-09-2004 01:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
Is this ever going to get off the ground or what?

Is everyone ok with mine? Get ACT or someone who knows what they're talking about to fact check / reword mine.

Later I may write more, which characters are left?
StevieV019 07-09-2004 03:33 PM
I like yours Zopwx2, however, if we're going for "bios" on the characters, I think the description is filled with too many spoilers. Also, if a biography is truly what we're looking for, some facts or info usually included in a bio isnt there (i.e. hair, height, weight, eye color, etc. etc.), of course some things need to be assumed and some digging would probably need to be done.

If we're looking for a chronological timeline that includes the characters and their interactions with the storyline, yours seem pretty good. I could proofread them if necessary to help with wording and so forth, if you want.

I like what you have so far, good job. Mainly, when it comes to my changes, it comes down to the preferences of the website and webmasters, whether Krang and Shredder want info strictly as an information introduction to the series, or if they want every nitty gritty detail.
Krang 02-09-2005 01:03 AM
Since I have received some pics to use on the character profiles (thanks, R.Smith!), I thought I'd bump this back up to see what we can put together for the text part of the profiles. Zopwx2 has been doing a great job so far, but I also like StevieV019's idea of making them more like bio pages with some statistics on the characters and a short summary. Anyone is welcome to help with these, and when they are added to the site, all contributors will be fully credited.
Zopwx2 02-09-2005 04:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
Since I have received some pics to use on the character profiles (thanks, R.Smith!), I thought I'd bump this back up to see what we can put together for the text part of the profiles. Zopwx2 has been doing a great job so far, but I also like StevieV019's idea of making them more like bio pages with some statistics on the characters and a short summary. Anyone is welcome to help with these, and when they are added to the site, all contributors will be fully credited.

name: Roger Dorothy Norman Datsun Angel Beck
height: 5'10" 5'3" 6'5" 5'10" 5'9" 6'3"
weight: ? 286lb ? ? ? ?

name: Alex Gordon Alan Big Ear Schwarzwald
height: ? ? ? 5'7" 5'10"
weight: ? ? ? ? ?

Official site.

Oh I think dorothy is 18 because the original dorothy died at 18, not sure how old the actual android is.
Captain Maw 03-21-2005 12:11 AM
so... is anyone gonna continue, i mean. i think alot of the Big O enthusiasm has died down due to the recent emptiness and run-downness (if thats even a word) of these bios and stuff. i mean, i was surfing the site and the encyclopedia is either broken or barely done. It's hard work, we should all pitch in.
Krang 03-21-2005 01:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Maw
so... is anyone gonna continue, i mean. i think alot of the Big O enthusiasm has died down due to the recent emptiness and run-downness (if thats even a word) of these bios and stuff. i mean, i was surfing the site and the encyclopedia is either broken or barely done. It's hard work, we should all pitch in.

Yes, this section is still being worked on. So far, I have pictures (contributed by R.Smith) and stats (collected by Zopwx2 from the former official site). The only other thing I need is a short bio for each character.

And no, I don't think the fact that this section is incomplete has any effect whatsoever on the Big O enthusiasm, especially since most people don't really pay attention to this section. And I still don't know which "encyclopedia" you're referring to, since there's nothing on the site by that name. Could you please provide a link to it?
Captain Maw 03-23-2005 07:07 PM
the encyclopedia isnt on this site. sorry for the mixup. it was on SaveBigO. yes, i think we should submit things, and put them together. the thing is, i havent finished watching all of the episodes yet, i watch them all on adult swim, yeah i know. and i've only watched the last 4 episodes and the first 7, with Call from the Past today. so... i'm sorry i cant reallly contribute
Krang 03-23-2005 10:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Maw
the encyclopedia isnt on this site. sorry for the mixup. it was on SaveBigO. yes, i think we should submit things, and put them together. the thing is, i havent finished watching all of the episodes yet, i watch them all on adult swim, yeah i know. and i've only watched the last 4 episodes and the first 7, with Call from the Past today. so... i'm sorry i cant reallly contribute

No problem. We're actually very close to having this section done, so I'll go ahead and ask this question directly:

Is there anyone who can help write a short bio for each character in Big O?

These are the characters I have pictures for (meaning that they will be the ones included): Alan Gabriel, Alex, Angel, Beck, Big Ear, Dastun, Dorothy, Gordon, Norman, R-D, Roger, Schwarzwald, Soldano, Timothy Wayneright, and Vera.

Edit: Thanks to R.Smith for contributing the pics of the remaining characters.
StevieV019 03-24-2005 07:35 AM
Ill do it if you'd like me to...wont be able to get to it until the weekend though...
R.Rocky Horror 03-24-2005 08:40 PM
Roger: 25
Angel: 26
Dorothy: Designed to look 18
Dastun: 47
A. Rosewater: 43
Norman: 54
Beck: 22
Soldano: 58
Wayneright: 72
Big Ear: 49
Chrono/David Chronour:?
Duval:49
Elliot:21
Alan Gabriel 2:?

Name:Chrono/David Chronour
Hiehgt:6,0"(As David Chronour)
Wieght:?
Not much is known about Chrono however it dose appear that he is in fact immortal,
After bieng shot three times by Alan Gabriel 2, he gets back up.

Not to mention the fact that he's existed for ages.
He has hepled Roger, and R. Dorothy discover Tracy, and Arthur, possible ancestors.
He can cause time to pass through whtever he touches.
He touches Alan Gabriel 2, causing him to dissolve into spare parts, he touches Big Fau allowing Alex Rosewater to pilot it.
Krang 03-25-2005 12:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
Ill do it if you'd like me to...wont be able to get to it until the weekend though...

Sure, thanks for the help! And I probably won't have time to put it on the site until this weekend at the earliest, so that would be fine.

R.Rocky Horror, thanks for the offer, but we're only looking for character bios for official Big O characters.