Mystic Meaning Of Your Username

The Fallen Phoenix 06-01-2004 05:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
quote:
Originally posted by Xineohp Nellaf Eht
[*]It's an oxymoron

Just like you eh? *shot*

Yeah, sounds about right. Tongue In fact, that reminds me of the time when Nein was requesting I change my username to...damn, what was it? Ah, yes, "Hortense the mule-faced moron."

Maybe I should ask Krang to change my username to that next time...
Dude Love 06-01-2004 06:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xineohp Nellaf Eht
Yeah, sounds about right. Tongue In fact, that reminds me of the time when Nein was requesting I change my username to...damn, what was it? Ah, yes, "Hortense the mule-faced moron."

Maybe I should ask Krang to change my username to that next time...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

HORTENSE! HORTENSE! HORTSENSE! HORTENSE! Go for it!

Oh, and, in case you didn't notice a few pages back, Wienberg is my last name.
Jonny Axehandle 06-01-2004 07:34 PM
How is that said? Is it "Whine" or "Ween" ?
Dude Love 06-01-2004 08:16 PM
quote:

Ween. The German pronunciation. From what I've been told, that means they pronounce the second vowel. *shrugs* Works for me.
evanASF27 06-01-2004 08:23 PM
...huh?! O.o Whoops...then I guess I've been calling you "Whine-berg" since September o.o;;;;;

Err...German is such a strange language...no? Oh if anybody asks (since my full name was in my contest entry and Megamixes I think), Fleischer (my last name) is pronounced: Fly-sh-er

Another German name/word...
Big Money 06-01-2004 08:39 PM
Well, Big Money comes from my normal username/nickname b-money... when I joined here, I decided I ought to make it themed... Hense, the Big bit.

And, quite frankly, I am a bigger money than you.
Patsai 06-01-2004 09:20 PM
I chose the name Patsai because:

1) My first name is Patrick.

2) The Sai is my favorite weapon.

3) Sai is also Fujiwarano's last name (look up Hikaru No Go).

4) When fused together, I'm become immortal.
dominusofdeath 06-01-2004 09:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
quote:

Ween. The German pronunciation. From what I've been told, that means they pronounce the second vowel. *shrugs* Works for me.

I've always called you Weenberg!
Yomiko 06-02-2004 02:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by noTomato
ok, so you know how Gordon Rosewater told Angel she's NOT one of his cherished tomato's and basically she's like 'God'...or goddess or Paradigm. So, she is no...tomato. heh

THats kinda funny. Like your sig.

Mine is from Yomiko Readmen form Read or Die the OAV. I'm alot like like her, when I'm grown I'll most likey be her. Smile Also shes just cool with her paper power.LOLMiss Deep's power is really cool too.
Silv3rKnigh1 06-02-2004 03:01 PM
why did i pick this name, becuzzzz

Ive had a knight related name online for years, but I picked silver because of silverknight on .hack//sign . He may seem like a hard@*$ at first, but then he saves subaru, and helps everyone. Plus In legend of teh twilight braclet, he rescues someone
spoiler (highlight to read):
causing his own demise.
noTomato 06-02-2004 03:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by evanASF27
...huh?! O.o Whoops...then I guess I've been calling you "Whine-berg" since September o.o;;;;;

Err...German is such a strange language...no? Oh if anybody asks (since my full name was in my contest entry and Megamixes I think), Fleischer (my last name) is pronounced: Fly-sh-er

There was a kid in band that also played trumpet and I think you guys have the same name...that's freakin' me out man!
evanASF27 06-02-2004 03:10 PM
Evan Fleischer...I'm first chair trumpet player at PRHS...

could I possibly know you? O_O (<-honest question)
noTomato 06-02-2004 03:17 PM
quote:

well I know I don't know you. It's just a freaky thing. I'm gonna go check what his name was exactly...ahha it's close but not exact. Evan Flechsig.

and knight, I thought your username sounded familiar. .Hack//SIGN<3!!!
evanASF27 06-02-2004 03:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by noTomato
quote:

well I know I don't know you. It's just a freaky thing. I'm gonna go check what his name was exactly...ahha it's close but not exact. Evan Flechsig.

and knight, I thought your username sounded familiar. .Hack//SIGN<3!!!

crap... *falls over backwards* x_X

False alarm everybody...false alarm...
Kat 06-02-2004 03:40 PM
quote:

I've also been calling you "Whine-berg", Weinberg. Sorry! Embarrassed Sweatdrop
YoruameBaroness 06-02-2004 04:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
quote:

Ah, so I have been pronouncing it correctly.
Ozymandius Jones 06-09-2004 06:09 PM
Ozymandias
Percy Bysshe Shelly

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said "two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert...near them, on the sand,
Half a shattered visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculpter well those passions read
Which yet survive, stampede on these lifeless things
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed;
And on that pedestal these words appear:
'I am Ozymandias, King of King,
Look on my works, ye mighty, and dispair!'
Nothig beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

It's about the futility of trying to make something last forever. I borrowed the "Jones" from Indiana Jones because it's the funniest of the commonest names, and I had this name picked out in 1999. BEFORE Ozmosis Jones came out. MY NAME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OZY AND DRIX!!!! Thank you.
major pain 06-10-2004 11:01 AM
my username is not based off of the that movie major pain, but its from a comic that I hope gets published in the future.
dawnstrider 06-11-2004 04:54 PM
I remember when Stewie did a thread like this in the Speakesy a loooong time ago.

Well, as some of you know, my original name was "dawnstrider". The reasons I changed it to "Stryder" are two forld;

1) Most of the people I know here called me "strider" or "stryder" anyway, so I figured way not Smile . That's what I told Krang, but that's not neccesarily the main reason:

2)....Upon my return after a two-month absense, I had a PM conversation in which the other person (I shall give no name Tongue ) said - and I quote - "I'd though I'd say hello because you seem like a really nice girl(emphasis mine)"

....So yeah, I found out that having a gender sigh did not make me immuned to mistaken identity, so to help, it was either change the avatar or my username (which explains why I didn't change it to "Dawn" - another one of my common nicknames - that would have been like adding oil to a fire Embarrassed Sweatdrop ).

As for why I choose dawnstrider, the following is from Stewie's old thread Smile :

quote:
Originally posted by Stryder
When I was about 10, I had ideas and even a few writings about a fantasy short-story involving a trinity of three avatars. I won't go into details (mostly because I forgot - it was long ago Tongue ), but their names were Dawnstrider, Daywalker, and Nightrunner. Even though I forgot alot of detail, I remembered the characters and their names. When time came for me to sign up a username, I put some previous thoughtinto it and searched the names of the various characters I wrote about these past years; those three popped up. I don't need to tell you which one I chose Smile .
BAM2HIM 06-14-2004 02:46 AM
Nothing special in my name. BAM is a taken from the skateboarder/former jackass/ brother of frummer for a cool band CKY.
2 was a number. HIM is taken from a band called H.I.M.( His. Infernal. Masjesty) BAM2HIM is also one of the element skateboards i ride.
Overall i thought it fit me.