Mystic Meaning Of Your Username

Zola 05-30-2004 01:55 AM
My name actually began as a joke.

I read Tarot cards, I think they are neat. One of my friends used to jokingly call me Madame Zola because of it.

When I prepared my first character for a Live Action Roleplaying game, she had a lot of occult knowledge, so calling her Madame Zola seemed like the right thing to do. Wink

I got my first internet connection a few days after that game took place, so when the tech taking my order asked me what name I wanted for my email, "Zola" was the obvious choice. As I discovered, it's an unusual enough a username that it's not as likely to be taken when I sign up for a new site, and it's short and easy to remember.
Dude Love 05-30-2004 11:23 AM
Well, it's really quite simple. Wienberg is my last name. And everyone at school refers to me as Wienberg (or some name derived from it).
Jonny Axehandle 05-30-2004 12:20 PM
A year back my dad made up a story about an axe killer named "Barry Axehandle" I just took that and replaced Barry with my name, Jonny.
Kat 05-30-2004 12:21 PM
Well, my friend Tiran (he's here under that name) was gonna put me in a fanfiction, and we decided to call me Kat in the fic (he never did do it...^_^U).

Eventually, I decided to make Kat a multi-purpose Internet/fanfic/roleplay/etc character, and gave her a full name: Katana (Kat) Ryuuza.

Now she's evolved to become a sort of online alter-ego of me, except the ego (and personality) is pretty much the same. Though not how I make her appear in fics and roleplays. She does NOT look like me. (For one thing, she's usually Japanese or else nationality is not mentioned).

I now use the name Kat for pretty much everything outside of "real life", including as my name in my website (heh). Though since it's relatively common, I often have to use some combination of first & last names, such as Kat_Ryuuza.

It's the same way with Tiran. "Tiran Skyharp" is his online/fic/etc name. ^___^

Another thing: Before I started using Kat, my most common username at forums, etc. was "The Immortal Duelist". It's still my fanfiction.net account, as well as one of my neopets.com accounts. ^__^
madclarinet 05-30-2004 12:23 PM
Simple for me,

Most people who know me call me mad (some people have a screw loose, I haven't one fully tightened), and I play clarinet.

I could have used madflute or madsaxophone, but madclarinet rolls off the tongue better and that's my main instrument (of torture?).
YoruameBaroness 05-30-2004 04:17 PM
Well, I know a few Japanese words. "Yoruame" is Japanese for "Night Rain". I think that the night and the rain are beautiful and majestic things.

As for the last part, "Baroness", it stemmed from my obsession with The Red Baron. My friends started to call me "The Red Baroness" or just "Baroness". I like it. People say it fits my personality and my interests. I mean, I fly airplanes in my spare time (when I can get to the airfield) and I collect model airplanes and stuff. And I obsess over the Baron, so what better title for me than Baroness? Heh. Tongue
Septuo 05-30-2004 10:30 PM
Mine took some effort to get but was fun. I have a bit of a Megaman obsession, so I was thinking of getting a new name and decided to play Megaman X. I watched the credits and picked a few names, my favorite was something Septuo, but since I couldn't remember the first name I just went with Septuo. I used it in a sprite comic I used to make. Fun, but little sense was ever to be found.
Surtur 05-31-2004 06:59 PM
Gylfaginning Ch. 4
from the Snora Edda

Gangleri asked: “What was the beginning, how did things begin, what was before?”

Tall answers: “As is said in Völuspá:”

As the ages began
what is, was not,
no sand nor sea
or cooling waves;
no earth was found
or sky above,
emptiness was young,
and of grass was none.

Then Astall says: “Earlier, Niflheimur was made. Many ages before the creation of earth, and there in its middle lies a well named Hvergelmir. From there rivers flow so named: Svöl, Gunnfirá, Fjörm, Fimbulfiul, Slí›ur og Hrí›, Sylgur og Ylgur, Ví›, Leiftur. Gjöll is the one closest to the gates of Hel.”

Then Third says: “First, though, was the world in the south named Múspell. It is bright and hot, burning with fire, impassable to strangers and those not native to the land. Surtur is the one so named who stands on Múspell's border, guarding the land. His sword is flaming and as the world ends he will go out, make war against and triumph over the gods. And he will burn the whole world with fire. So is said in Völuspá:

Surtur from the south
wielding fire
The gods' swords shine in the darkness,
like stars in the night
Mountains collapse into rubble
And fiends shall fall
Man walks the road to ruin
as the sky splits in two
Benjamin 05-31-2004 09:52 PM
MINION IS THE BEST TWISTED METAL CHARACTER IN THE GAME, HE EVEN GOT RID OF THE THORN IN MY SIDE, CALYPSO Big Grin

FOREVER GRATFUL, I CHANGED MY NAME TO HIS TO SHOW MY GRATITUDE.
Seraphim 06-01-2004 12:17 AM
"In the year that King Uzzi'ah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and his train filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim; each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory." And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!" Then flew one of the seraphim to me, having in his hand a burning coal which he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth, and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin forgiven."" - Isaiah 6, King James Version.
NightRanger 06-01-2004 06:58 AM
My username doesn't have a mystic meaning. I got it from one of my all time favorite rock bands:"Night Ranger".
LoveFool71 06-01-2004 08:27 AM
The meaning of my username is well....a love fool. A hopeless romantic. and the 71....I'm a 71' model. If I'm not watching the Dorothy-Roger eps. of Big O, I have to read romance novels that have the basic love theme of Rog and Dori. This will go on until they make a season 3.
xana_fae 06-01-2004 08:32 AM
xana is a faerie who lives in a cave and weeps over her lost love, the fae is a short version of the word faerie, and as you can tell I love faeries!
C.R Foxhound 06-01-2004 09:59 AM
hmm

Well

C.R Foxhound comes from a character i created, the first i ever made

Chester Roitweiler Foxhound

Of course, thats too damn long so, i cut it short

No, it never meant Cat Raping Foxhound, im not THAT desperate
BabyGhia 06-01-2004 12:14 PM
I've posted it before but not in a lot of detail. Here you go....

In 1992 or earlier or later, and AOL was just starting up and slowly being a cool thing, my mom decided to give me an email address so that I could email my best friend in NJ.

My mom knew that I was going to get her Karmann Ghia when I could got my license (I always liked the car) and we always called it Baby.... ie: Come on, Baby, you can get up the hill. We know you can do it! You put 2 and 2 together and BAMN! You have BabyGhia.

Recently I have been thinking of changing my username because I've used BabyGhia for so long and am so tired of it. But the only other one I can think of is Anyar, which is my name backwards. Or I could use my name??? Oh well.

BabyGhia
Mike 06-01-2004 12:17 PM
The day before I signed up here I built a 1/60 scale model of the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam from Gundam SEED. I was looking at it when I was trying to think of a username and thought, "hey, that would be cool"
Madrona 06-01-2004 12:42 PM
My username comes from a tree that grows in my area. The Madrone or Madrona( Arbutus menziesii) is a slow growing tree with green shiny leaves, little white flowers and red berries. It's peeling bark reveals a smooth new layer. When we use it in our wood stove it gives off good heat, burns a long time, and leaves good coals to keep the fire burning. It's kind of like me. Big Grin

I like the name because not too many people would name themselves after a tree! I use it for everything!
Jonny Axehandle 06-01-2004 03:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Xineohp Nellaf Eht
[*]It's an oxymoron

Just like you eh? *shot*
YoruameBaroness 06-01-2004 03:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by madrona
My username comes from a tree that grows in my area. The Madrone or Madrona( Arbutus menziesii) is a slow growing tree with green shiny leaves, little white flowers and red berries. It's peeling bark reveals a smooth new layer. When we use it in our wood stove it gives off good heat, burns a long time, and leaves good coals to keep the fire burning. It's kind of like me. Big Grin

I like the name because not too many people would name themselves after a tree! I use it for everything!

It sounds like a lovely tree. (Yeah I'm one of those weirdos who thinks trees are lovely.)
Seraphim 06-01-2004 03:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GAT-X105
The day before I signed up here I built a 1/60 scale model of the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam from Gundam SEED. I was looking at it when I was trying to think of a username and thought, "hey, that would be cool"

Oooh, interesting! I always thought you meant "Gatling Gun".