Batman Begins

Zopwx2 05-29-2004 10:29 PM
Reviews

Images

Trailers / Clips

They are finally making another Batman Movie.

But this time they totally disregard the first 4 movies and start anew.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0372784/

The were shooting in london and are currently shooting in chicago.

This movie focuses more on batmans origins and he doesn't even wear his suit for most of the movie. Christopher Nolan (Memento, Insomnia) is directing and striving for more realism, much different from the neon crapfest of the last two movies. He also wanted to do it his way, which included as little CGI as possible.

[CGI is evil - Zopwx2]

Speculation is instead of joker killing batmans parents like in the movie, it will be like the comic book, where it was an unamed thug. Which is what drives Batman to not only seek revenge but more like a protector who wants to stop somthing like this from happening again. It will also focus on how batman had to train physically and mentally his whole life to become batman. He wasn't just some guy with a car and a suit.

Excellent Cast:

Christian Bale (Bruce Wayne/"Batman")
Michael Caine (Alfred)
Gary Oldman (Lieutenant Jim Gordon)
Liam Neeson (Henri Ducard)
Morgan Freeman (Lucius Fox)
Cillian Murphy (Jonathan Crane)
Ken Watanabe (R'as al Ghul)
Rutger Hauer (Earle)
Tom Wilkinson (Carmine Falcone)
Katie Holmes (Rachel)

Note:

The Screenwriter for this movie wrote "Dark City".

Also the Director's movie "Memento" is #19 on IMDb's top 250 movies of all time.

Gary Oldman made a comment about the movie possibly being rated "R"

Synopsis:

quote:
new restart of the "Batman" franchise under the helm of "Memento" Director Chris Nolan and more in tone with the early "Batman: Year One" style comics. As a boy a young Bruce Wayne watched in horror as his millionaire parents were slain in front of his eyes, a trauma which led him to become obsessed with revenge but his chance is cruelly taken away from him by fate. After disappearing to the East where he seeks counsel with the dangerous but honorable ninja cult leader known as Ra's Al-Ghul, he returns to his now decaying Gotham City overrun by organised crime and dangerous individuals manipulating the system whilst the company he inherited is slowly being pulled out from under him. The discovery of a cave under his mansion, and a prototype armoured suit leads him to take on a new persona, one which will strike fear into the hearts of men who do wrong - he becomes, Batman. In the new guise, and with the help of rising cop Jim Gordon, Batman sets out to take down the various nefarious schemes in motion by individuals such as mafia don Falcone, the twisted doctor/drug dealer Jonathan 'The Scarecrow' Crane, and a mysterious third party that is quite familiar with Wayne and waiting to strike when the time is right.

This is the vehicle batman uses in the movie. While some think that this is a sucky batmobile, you have to remember that this is a movie about batmans origins, and its said that this vehicle is actually a military prototype used by bruce waynes company.

And supposedly all the stunts done by this vehicle are completely real and don't use CGI

quote:
Anyhow, the bat-mobile itself is a fully-working, 160mph capable assault vehicle that's been tested at a local UK Ministry of Defence site by a military test driver, as well as location shots in Prague (I think). It's been doing stunt jumps, and I understand that the rear jet is used to boost/stabilise here. Yep, that thing on the back works - my friend described seeing a heat haze that belonged, on further investigation, to the jet on the back of this thing being tested.

More Pictures:

The Arkham Asylum being built for filming

Nice touch with the Gotham plates

Gotham Police!

What do you guys think of Batman's return to the big screen?
Seraphim 05-29-2004 10:33 PM
FINALLY! I have no doubt in my mind that this movie will rock.
Hienrich Ele 05-29-2004 10:44 PM
BATMAN!!!!

YAYAYAYAY!!!!!

Finally! Another movie! Batman is, as we all know, the best super hero. So I am sure this move will be the best super hero movie for a long time!
JAYCZero 05-29-2004 10:59 PM
Man Am I SO EXCITED !! Finally Not That Crummy Batman Movies well don't get me wrong ,The first movie of Batman was the BOMB and Returns ,but the Forever and Batman and Robin started to get very cheesy , I mean in the Movie the Villians start talking like if it was an acting on a Broadway Show Luckily they didn't add a musical with that !

I did heard of this years ago that Christian Bale was going to be in a Batman movie and Hell Yeah he would make a great Batman ,the Personality The looks and everything and the Attitude .Batman is also My Favorite Superhero cause he isn't like one of those typical Superheroes that can fly , that has optic vision he is just a simple Human being like all of us in the Human race , no Vampire , no Immortal or nothing just plain mere mortal and that show's us People that we can all be like Batman if we dedicate our lives training in Martial Arts ,studying it and doing what he has done to become Batman .
Wazpy 05-29-2004 11:00 PM
The fact that they call Scarecrow a drug dealer sounds a little creepy to me...almost like they're trying to modernize everything...
Zopwx2 05-29-2004 11:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JCCastellano
Man Am I SO EXCITED !! Finally Not That Crummy Batman Movies well don't get me wrong ,The first movie of Batman was the BOMB and Returns ,but the Forever and Batman and Robin started to get very cheesy , I mean in the Movie the Villians start talking like if it was an acting on a Broadway Show Luckily they didn't add a musical with that !

I did heard of this years ago that Christian Bale was going to be in a Batman movie and Hell Yeah he would make a great Batman ,the Personality The looks and everything and the Attitude .Batman is also My Favorite Superhero cause he isn't like one of those typical Superheroes that can fly , that has optic vision he is just a simple Human being like all of us in the Human race , no Vampire , no Immortal or nothing just plain mere mortal and that show's us People that we can all be like Batman if we dedicate our lives training in Martial Arts ,studying it and doing what he has done to become Batman .

The whole idea is that he earned the right to batman instead of spiderman who became powerfull by accident. Or Superman who was just born all good and powerfull and nothing can stop him.

quote:
Originally posted by Wazpy
The fact that they call Scarecrow a drug dealer sounds a little creepy to me...almost like they're trying to modernize everything...

I heard he is actually a doctor at Arkham asylum and that he is involved a concpiracy. Also that he may or may not be a minor characther and only appear in the costume towards the end.

quote:
Hey Harry,

Just a quick snippet. Was at a UK press conference for Harry Potter 3 yesterday and Gary Oldman got asked about Batman Begins. Things I gleaned:

He was moaning about the state of movies, how hard it's been to get a follow up to Nil By Mouth funded (I think just another film, not a sequel as such!) and that companies are just happy to plow money into kung-fu filled action flicks. Depressed about this, so seems to think Batman is a little more than just flashy fights and FX etc.

More interestingly, he said that he really liked Chris Nolan's take on the material and that Nolan only accepted the job on the understanding he could do it his way, with little interference. He even said something about 'doing it for half the money', although I assume he means in terms of Nolan's wage rather than budget! To this end, Oldman said that he was expecting the movie to be R Rated. This makes me happy.

Finally, he noted an interesting aside Michael Caine made to him about Superman and Batman, the former being how America views itself, the latter, darker character being how the rest of the world views America. Thought that might tickle your Michael Moore-loving fancy.

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=17668
Mugiwara Luffy 05-29-2004 11:34 PM
Wow this movie sounds really cool!

I've never been much of a Batman fan, but perhaps this will change my mind.
Trotsky 05-29-2004 11:49 PM
NOOOOOOO WHY !!!!!

ok tim berten made a reely fantastic bat man movie. now let it alone allready!
Zopwx2 05-29-2004 11:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Trotsky
NOOOOOOO WHY !!!!!

Whats wrong with this one?

If anything they are trying to ingnore the last 2 movies and steer it back in the direction of the original films.

But they also don't want to be restricted by having to make it fit with the original.

So thats why its a restart.
Trotsky 05-29-2004 11:58 PM
still the first 2 were so good.

and why in god's earth did Victor Freez have emotion. "i have no emotion yearrrhahaha lalahahahaahah" why laugh at no emotion?

but your right, i shouldent pass judgment untill i see it.
JAYCZero 05-30-2004 12:00 AM
Trotsky just think of it as a Prequal to the 4 films of Batman
Wazpy 05-30-2004 06:46 AM
The last 2 Batman movies sucked, but at least they were funny. If this one sucks and takes itself too seriously, it can be the worst.
Gummibear 05-30-2004 11:30 AM
I've always been a fan of Batman. It's something about a Superhero who has everything at his disposal to be happy but can't be fully happy til he gets his revenge. I like him because he's dark. I was never a huge fan of Superman because he was almost too perfect.To me the first Batman movie will anyways be the best depiction of Bob Cane's original caped crusader, Tim Burton is a true visionary. However this movie looks good.^_______^!
Kat 05-30-2004 11:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Smith
Wow this movie sounds really cool!

I've never been much of a Batman fan, but perhaps this will change my mind.

Me neither, though I have always (or at least for as long as I can be sure of) liked Batman better than Superman. Superman really bugs me for some reason, especially the animated version.

And I've never watched Batman movies, but this one sounds cool. ^__^
Pygmalion 05-30-2004 01:08 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Kat
[Me neither, though I have always (or at least for as long as I can be sure of) liked Batman better than Superman. Superman really bugs me for some reason, especially the animated version.

And I've never watched Batman movies, but this one sounds cool. ^__^

I liked the first Batman movie well enough, but I found the villians hard to believe after that. Maybe this new movie will set things on a path I'll enjoy more.

My favorite Superman is the old Fleischer Brothers cartoons. He was powerful, but far from invulnerable. Lois Lane was competent and cool, too. Quite a lot like season 2 Angel (at least before Act 25), come to think!

Pygmalion
Silv3rKnigh1 05-30-2004 03:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Trotsky
NOOOOOOO WHY !!!!!

lol teh last 2 got pretty low ratings

ANyways, im glad they r making another one, but I thaught teh scarecrow was gonna be in it
Zopwx2 05-30-2004 09:18 PM
Yup, The villians in the movie are Ra's Al Ghul , The Scarecrow, and Carmine Falcone (sp?).

Were not sure how big a role each will play in the movie.
Zopwx2 06-12-2004 08:25 PM
We got some new pics for the Vehicle Batman will be driving in the film, but before you judge it read this:

quote:
It cost millions to design and produce, and it actually works, its creators at Warner Bros. said........Studio execs said they weren't able to run live demonstrations yesterday because they had to drain the Batmobile's jet fuel for shipment.

The guess is since this is about batman's origins, he won't have the super sleek batmoblie right off the bat (pun intended).

The story is that this tank is a military prototype which he borrows from his own company.

Supposedly it does all its own stunts without CGI, and I assume there will be kickass sequences involving this car.

spoiler (highlight to read):
I heard that the Tumbler will be used in a roof top jumping sequence. That should be cool.

It is most likely inspired by the batmobile from "The Dark Knight Returns" : http://www.geocities.com/spencerl984/miller.html

quote:
Introduced in the upcoming film as "The Tumbler," this Batmoblie is like none of its predecessors. This Batmobile has an origin story or its own.

Designed as a military vehicle, with the abiltity to jump (typically 4 to 6 feet high) and equipped to drive off immediately after landing, the Tumbler was designed by the Applied Sciences division of Wayne Enterprises. It was intended to aid in building temporary bridging devices to carry troops and supplies over water and vast open space.

Due to its expense, Wayne Enterprises never mass-produced the vehicle, but upon Bruce Wayne's discovery of the prototype, he knew immediately how he could maximize its stealth designn and extriodinary applications to be a powerful weapon in Batman's quest for justice.

Pics:

http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v61/...obilenycts1.jpg

http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v61/...man/lic0408.jpg

http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v61/...man/lic0409.jpg

http://img20.photobucket.com/albums/v61/...man/lic0407.jpg
Mike 06-12-2004 08:48 PM
Wow...the ownage potential of this movie is immense...
the last 2 Batman movies really did suck. Hard. They were way too goofy.

I always liked Batman, he never actually had powers, just cool stuff he made himself.
Silv3rKnigh1 06-12-2004 08:50 PM
ITs about time for a new batman!!!!!!!! Im psyced