Batman Begins

Hienrich Ele 06-12-2004 11:24 PM
I swear to God I will steal that Batmobile.
Zopwx2 06-14-2004 08:09 PM

Seems pretty standard so far, maybe the cape looks a bit bigger and more batlike.

Newsweek article!

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5197046/site/newsweek/

See actual video of the Tumbler!

http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmTv/exclu...articleID=11829
Sharpshooter005 06-14-2004 08:43 PM
So...the batmobile is a TANK (makes sense if it's developed by his company, which could very well be some kind of defense contractor).

What I...don't get is the thing about him "discovering' the cave and suit. (First off...prototype ARMORED SUIT? It's POWER ARMOR?) Why...exactly would his family just have a cave and a prototype suit lying in wait behind the bookcase. Is this going to turn out to be something like him following in his fathers footsteps?

I'll admit, most of what I know about batman comes from the old t.v. show (Adam West is still awesome), the movies, and the cartoon (not...the...weird new batman beyond/20502/future mars cyborg/whatever one, I mean the older, more normal one). But...isn't this just kind of throwing most of the story into a blender and retooling it into something different?

Chief Gordon as a detective is an interesting idea, could explain why he has such a friendly relationship with batman.

Looks interesting though, kind of like...a throwback to the first batman movie, and not motorcycles and intricately molded plastic.

Oh, also..what ever happened to the belt? They seem to have lost alot of focus on the fact his belt was apparently a combination between some paramilitary sharper image, and a national guard armory.
Zopwx2 06-14-2004 08:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
What I...don't get is the thing about him "discovering' the cave and suit. (First off...prototype ARMORED SUIT? It's POWER ARMOR?) Why...exactly would his family just have a cave and a prototype suit lying in wait behind the bookcase. Is this going to turn out to be something like him following in his fathers footsteps?

Actually I'm not sure about the validity of that summary. More sources closer to the movie say that the suit was actually another one of his companies experiments which he painted black. It was created by Lucius Fox aka Morgan Freeman.

"What people fail to notice about the Batmobile is it is a visual metaphor for Batman himself. This is Batman just starting out. He is raw, unrefined. He's going into a world that is harsh and unforgiving. One false move and one chance to let your guard down and it will swallow you up. " -Embeect
Hienrich Ele 06-14-2004 09:05 PM
I just rely on the animated "Batman: Mask of Phantasm" for information on how he started.

If you havent seen it, watch it. Its a great movie.
Sephiroth 06-17-2004 08:02 AM
I've known about this movie since the fourth Batman came out. I really hope it is as good as the Tim Burton Batman film. I'm just glad it has the Scarecrow in it, because he is one of my favorite Batman villians. When I first heard about it, I heard Clayface was going to be in it too, but I guess they replaced him with Falcone. Personally, the only time I even cared about Falcone was in the miniseries "The Long Halloween".

P.S
Does anybody have a picture of what the scarecrow will look like in the film?
Seraphim 06-17-2004 09:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
quote:

Actually I'm not sure about the validity of that summary. More sources closer to the movie say that the suit was actually another one of his companies experiments which he painted black. It was created by Lucius Fox aka Morgan Freeman.

"Welcome to the HEV Mark IV Hazardous Enviroments Vest..."
Zopwx2 06-18-2004 02:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Seraphim
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
quote:

Now Mr. Wayne, all you need to do is push the Test Sample into the Beam.....
Sharpshooter005 06-18-2004 02:28 PM
quote:

quote:
Now Mr. Wayne, all you need to do is push the Test Sample into the Beam.....

Seraphim and Zopxw2 win by technical knock out

(Win what, I'm not sure. It made me laugh anyway)
Zopwx2 06-18-2004 04:42 PM
Liam Neesons Character:

Expect to see a teaser trailer on either: Spider-Man 2, I Robot, or Catwoman (which I heard has nothing to do with batman).

Zopwx2 07-01-2004 07:12 PM

Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox

Gary Oldman as Lieutenant James Gordon

Micheal Caine as Alfred Pennyworth

Liam Neeson as Henri Ducard
Wazpy 07-01-2004 07:32 PM
I know these are just teasers, but there's really a lot of gold in these pictures. I hope they capture the dark, grayish tone of Gotham... I hope this movie takes place in Gotham... you never know. If Ra's is the main villain, a major part of this might not even be in the city.
Hienrich Ele 07-01-2004 11:10 PM
DAMN YOU MAKING OF FILM! RELEASE IT NOW!

This movie needs to shoot down Spiderman. I hate Spiderman.

"Oh, I am spider man! I got bitten by a spider! So instead of a nerd, I am a nerd that shoots... web!"

If I saw Spiderman on the street, I would spit on him... Then run...
Sephiroth 07-02-2004 08:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hienrich Ele
DAMN YOU MAKING OF FILM! RELEASE IT NOW!

This movie needs to shoot down Spiderman. I hate Spiderman.

"Oh, I am spider man! I got bitten by a spider! So instead of a nerd, I am a nerd that shoots... web!"

If I saw Spiderman on the street, I would spit on him... Then run...

BLASPHEMY!!! You speak lies! Lies I tell you! Spiderman is great! Batman is cooler than spiderman. However, spiderman is still awesome.

The new batman film could indeed shoot down spiderman. If it can live up to the greatness that was the Tim Burton films then a lot of the batman fans who felt let down after Batman:Forever would turn out in droves to see it. I know I would (Unless they completely ruin the backstory and motives of the Scarecrow in which case my anger will know no bounds).
Zopwx2 07-04-2004 01:28 AM
ooh swords and such:

Bruce Wayne:

Hienrich Ele 07-04-2004 02:24 AM
ARRRG! I can't wait for it!

Good job, Zopwx2, on finding these pictures.

That's the nice side of me.

The other side is going "DAMN YOU FOR MAKING ME WANT TO SEE IT! I CAN'T WAIT!"

I am going to see it the day it comes out!
Byranx 07-12-2004 05:36 PM

Well now that the Spidey 2 hype is down...i'm ready for Batman Begins Smile
Zopwx2 07-12-2004 06:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Byranx

Well now that the Spidey 2 hype is down...i'm ready for Batman Begins Smile

Yeah, I was thinking of your old movie update threads when I started this one.

Plus I assumed people who like big o must like batman.

though i'm not too impressed by the batsuit in that picture, it looks puffy and rubbery.
Byranx 07-12-2004 08:29 PM
Have u seen the Batman: Dead End short fan film?

http://www.theforce.net/theater/nonsw/ba...end/index.shtml

This is what got me excited into the batman begins craze

On a side note: I saw Spider-man 2 3 and a 1/2 times...and loved it Smile

The hospital scene was jus as cool as you said it was.
Wazpy 07-12-2004 08:59 PM
I saw Dead End. I thought it was pretty cool, but I didn't like the actor for Joker. I also hate to see Batman in a position like that.... I want him to win all the time! Maybe Superman would fly by and save his ass Wink