[Suggestion] Usergroup Colors

Jonny Axehandle 05-29-2004 02:26 PM
My time is almost up and this idea has been floating in my head for a while. I think warned users should be red in the online list and staff should be yellow.
Dude Love 05-29-2004 02:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
My time is almost up and this idea has been floating in my head for a while. I think warned users should be red in the online list and staff should be yellow.

I've actually thought about this myself. Only, maybe, rather than yellow, the staff should be blue, to match their stars? Because sometimes people might think yellow is similar to the first warning bar.

EDIT: Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, the staff really don't need colors, because staff members are italicized, mods are bolded, and Administrators are both italicized and bolded. However, the warned member idea might be OK.
Krang 05-30-2004 12:11 AM
quote:

Good idea. Like Wienberg said, the staff, admins, and mods already have distinguishing text, but I edited the colors of the Warned and Warned x2 groups to match the colors of their warning bars.
dominusofdeath 05-30-2004 12:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:

Good idea. Like Wienberg said, the staff, admins, and mods already have distinguishing text, but I edited the colors of the Warned and Warned x2 groups to match the colors of their warning bars.

Neat Krang!
And Sweet Idea Axehandle!
Mr. Saturn 05-30-2004 02:59 AM
Whoa! Thats a really nifty idea! I guess it can help so you can keep an eye out for those warned people Big Grin
Seraphim 05-30-2004 08:31 AM
I think this is pejorative to those who are warned.

<------------------------------------------
X Prime 05-30-2004 09:41 AM
Considering the person who suggested it has a double warning, that is very doubtful.
Seraphim 05-30-2004 09:43 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Considering the person who suggested it has a double warning, that is very doubtful.

One person isn't representative of the entire group. Axehandle just likes the color "red".
X Prime 05-30-2004 09:46 AM
By extension of what you appear to be saying the rank in and of itself is belitting, as it is far more obvious. It hasn't been removed, said rank, so I doubt a miserable little thing like this would be, and this coming from someone who hates little errors. The only problem I have with this is that the color of the underline bars don't match anymore.

Plus, your own statement can be thrown back at you.
Dude Love 05-30-2004 11:45 AM
I think it's to attract attention to your warning, like the warn bar does. It just takes it a step further to attract attention that you're serving your "sentence". It's not like it's gonna cause problems.

Seraphim, your argument could be used to argue against the star ranks. "Ooo, are three red stars better than 4 yellow ones?" This hasn't been a problem in the past. Nor has the Legendary Members Group being silver been a problem. I doubt this is suddenly going to create problems or accusations of a superior usergroup to rule them all. Tongue
Wingnut 05-30-2004 11:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
I doubt this is suddenly going to create problems or accusations of a superior usergroup to rule them all. Tongue

I agree. Besides the only superior usergroup to rule us all are the Administrators and to some degree the moderators as well.
This is just another case of makeing a mountain out of a molehill syndrome. It's not something one should lose sleep over.
Zola 05-30-2004 12:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wienberg
I think it's to attract attention to your warning, like the warn bar does. It just takes it a step further to attract attention that you're serving your "sentence". It's not like it's gonna cause problems.

Seraphim, your argument could be used to argue against the star ranks. "Ooo, are three red stars better than 4 yellow ones?" This hasn't been a problem in the past. Nor has the Legendary Members Group being silver been a problem. I doubt this is suddenly going to create problems or accusations of a superior usergroup to rule them all. Tongue

I rather think it's a further inducement to not get warned.
Dude Love 05-30-2004 12:07 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zola
I rather think it's a further inducement to not get warned.

Well, that too. I mean, it's not going to cause problems, and is rather a way so that people know you're warned, so you don't want to be warned any longer; therefore, your behavior will improve so you don't get warned and have a different username color.
The Fallen Phoenix 05-30-2004 01:44 PM
quote:
Sweatdrop Sweatdrop Sweatdrop Sweatdrop Sweatdrop Sweatdrop Sweatdrop Sweatdrop Sweatdrop Sweatdrop Sweatdrop Sweatdrop

Indeed.

---
I'm sure you're all having your fun here, and it was okay at first, but I think we're going a little too far now with the topic-drifting; it's becoming borderline (actually, I'd argue it has already passed borderline) spam.

Therefore, please desist from this discussion regarding color-discrimination: it's really ridiculous (especially you, Seraphim. You've already made your point).

If you have something productive to say about the Usergroup color system, then go ahead and say it; if you have nothing productive to say (or what you want to say has already been adequately stressed), it's best to just avoid posting here.

[Edit: Spam removed. Don't let it happen again, Seraphim, unless you want your second warning back. --Krang]
Jonny Axehandle 05-30-2004 01:45 PM
Much thanks.
Zopwx2 05-30-2004 01:48 PM
ok, but for the record I still think its a good idea.
Jonny Axehandle 05-30-2004 01:51 PM
And yellow was ment to be for the staff. And I chose yellow because it is the color of gold.
Kat 05-30-2004 03:01 PM
quote:
And yellow was ment to be for the staff. And I chose yellow because it is the color of gold.

Actually, gold is the color of gold. Roll Eyes I'm so nit-picky! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
No but you gotta watch out for those Silvers. Have you noticed how almost everyone at the top is a silver? You have to fight for the common orange these days.

Orange is okay, but when I reach 1000 posts I'm goin' for the silver. Mostly because I like the color. ^___^

I'm wondering, is there any way to change the color of the line beneath the username? 'Cause it would look much better if it matched. Or is it part of the layout, and unchangeable?
Seraphim 05-30-2004 03:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Kat
quote:

Actually, gold is the color of gold. Roll Eyes I'm so nit-picky! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
No but you gotta watch out for those Silvers. Have you noticed how almost everyone at the top is a silver? You have to fight for the common orange these days.

Orange is okay, but when I reach 1000 posts I'm goin' for the silver. Mostly because I like the color. ^___^

I'm wondering, is there any way to change the color of the line beneath the username? 'Cause it would look much better if it matched. Or is it part of the layout, and unchangeable?

I believe that's programmed into the forum theme.
X Prime 05-30-2004 03:18 PM
Seraphim is correct. It IS possible, but it would lock our names down as underlined (Unless Krang wants to write a fair bit of code).