Something kind of odd

<\:/> 05-19-2004 10:53 PM
I guess this thread goes in this forum since it's forum related but:

Has anyone noticed how weird the smilies look when they're put in a spoiler tag and highlighted? Try it out:
spoiler (highlight to read):
: Big Grin Red Face Confused Shocked Crying Cool Pleased Frown Smile ) Tongue Smile Mad Wink Roll Eyes Baby Evil Tongue Laughing Sleeping Anime Smile Sweatdrop Embarrassed Sweatdrop Drooling

The Roll Eyes looks like a skull and the Big Grin and Embarrassed Sweatdrop look like skulls with helmets on. The rest of them just look kind of wierd or evil. Just something I noticed...
BabyGhia 05-19-2004 11:02 PM
Um... must be your computer. Didn't happen on mine. Take a screen grab.

BabyGhia
Prons 05-19-2004 11:30 PM
They look like smiley faces in a spoiler box.
Krang 05-20-2004 12:14 AM
I think he means this:

Actually, any picture that is highlighted would look strange, but since smilies are so small, the changes caused by the pattern of the highlighting are more obvious.
xana_fae 06-01-2004 09:56 AM
That is pretty weird the Sleeping looks like a bomb. But anywho, the odd things we find when we are completly board, huh?
Seraphim 06-01-2004 03:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by xana_fae
That is pretty weird the Sleeping looks like a bomb. But anywho, the odd things we find when we are completly board, huh?

HAHAH! Wonderful pun! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
xana_fae 06-02-2004 07:46 PM
I feel a little lost here, where was the pun? Excuse me for my lack of intelligence.
noTomato 06-04-2004 08:50 AM
well, the pun is in your lack of correct spelling.

you spelled bored as board and your on a message board.

oh so freaking punny.
Kat 06-04-2004 12:53 PM
Huh....never noticed it with our smilies. However, I have seen smilies on Neopets.com change when highlighted. Therefore, I assume they are meant to change, and it's not just a trick of the highlighting pattern. Big Grin

EVIL SMILIES!!!! O_O

spoiler (highlight to read):
Big Grin Confused Crying Pleased Smile ) Smile Wink Baby Tongue Sleeping Sweatdrop Drooling Red Face Cool Shocked Frown Mad Tongue Roll Eyes Evil Laughing Anime Smile Embarrassed Sweatdrop